Plasti Dip vs Duplicolor

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
So I want to pick up a can of Duplicolor graphite metallic spray which is supposedly the same as Plastic-dip. I'm going to use it on my Tribar Pony in back. Any issues? Is it the same process and will it stay on through car washes? Just want to know how durable this stuff is and if there's any difference in the products, how they are applied and longevity? Any responses would be helpful. Thanks in advance guys!
Sponsored

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
My advice would be to skip out on all that crap and get yourself a frpp badgeless decklid. It looks a lot better and cleaner

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Had plasti dip on mine for a long time, no issues looked great but as mentioned above if you got the cash get the fr decklid.

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
I went with the FRPP black decklid.
Super easy to install and just looks clean.
Also don't forget to get the FRPP front pony emblem.
CAM00536.jpg
CAM00538.jpg

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
My advice would be to skip out on all that crap and get yourself a frpp badgeless decklid. It looks a lot better and cleaner
The FRPP deck lid has been discontinued. Something about a manufacturing process change a Ford leaving a dimple in the center. The factory doesn't care because it is covered by the various emblems.

Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Glad I got mine a while back. Yes, there is a tiny dimple which is pretty much invisable. All the complaints probably forced them to drop it as an option. Now, you will have to have a body shop fill the holes and paint it or, wrap it and have the outlines of the holes show through.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I used that very stuff (Dupli-color graphite metallic) on my car the week I bought it. It's now a year later and it's holding up great.

I did the GT, 5.0, and pony with it. This photo was taken a few days ago:

Here's another:

In that year I've not touched it up at all.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
I dipped my emblems with plastidip and then the glossifier. It's been holding up really well. Tape the area about 2" around it. Then peel it. It will cut the emblem perfectly. Not sure if you can do that stuff with the duplicolor.

OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the help guys. I bought the Duplicolor and will do the rear emblem soon, I will eventually get the Blank panel when I can get the money together because I want to put a P-51 badge that looks similar to the GT350 badge on the back. Figured this would look good for now. I did get a GT Grill upper and lower for about $100 bucks because my front clip needs to be repaired and I had already bought a matte black pony so only the rear emblem will be graphite which is what I wanted as I said, for now p. I'll post pics when it's done!

OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I used that very stuff (Dupli-color graphite metallic) on my car the week I bought it. It's now a year later and it's holding up great.

I did the GT, 5.0, and pony with it. This photo was taken a few days ago:

Here's another:

In that year I've not touched it up at all.
That's looks great!
Sponsored