TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
PFC V3 ROTORS

Anyone out there interested in some PFC Two Piece V3 Rotors that fit 2015+ Performance Pack cars in the Front and Rear?

Optimum Performance is having a pre buy. These are the same Rotors equipped on the ROUSH P51 Special Edition Mustang. Not many options out there for front and rear. I’m not affiliated with Optimum Performance. I’m just trying to get the word out in case anyone else is as interested as I am.

Link to Pre Buy

https://www.opmustang.com/store/p381/2015-2020_Mustang_PFC_2_Piece_Rotor_Kit_-_Pre-_Buy_Ends_6-2-2020.html#/

Photos of Fronts and Rears can be viewed here:

https://www.motorcarsofjackson.com/...sh-p-51-special-edition-c-169.htm#details-153
Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I like the idea of no bolts to worry about. I had had asked a PFC rep about these last year at a demo day but he said he only did fleet sales.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
I race the fronts now. Awesome!

Coolest thing for us track guys is not having to stock a complete set of extra rotors just rings. Rings can be changed in 30 seconds instead of an hour with a bunch of nuts and bolts locktite and sometimes wire. The V3 is the best. We need more mustang guys to run them so we can have more vendors supplying the parts for these and that will get the cost down. PFC has minimum orders the vendors have to buy to support us. so we need to support the vendors. This V3 is a true floating rotor too but makes no noise for street guys because of the retaining spring. Every other bolted rotor makes noise. any bolted rotor that does not make noise is really floating. So with stoptech for example you can the hardware to bolt rotors or you can buy the race hardware which has bigger pins by 0.010" so the ring floats. The PFC's are a huge advantage and everyone wins. They also wear really well. They wear better than the Stoptech aero rotors with same XP 20 pads which are pretty kind to rotors in general.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TwinReverb

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I race the fronts now. Awesome!

Coolest thing for us track guys is not having to stock a complete set of extra rotors just rings. Rings can be changed in 30 seconds instead of an hour with a bunch of nuts and bolts locktite and sometimes wire. The V3 is the best. We need more mustang guys to run them so we can have more vendors supplying the parts for these and that will get the cost down. PFC has minimum orders the vendors have to buy to support us. so we need to support the vendors. This V3 is a true floating rotor too but makes no noise for street guys because of the retaining spring. Every other bolted rotor makes noise. any bolted rotor that does not make noise is really floating. So with stoptech for example you can the hardware to bolt rotors or you can buy the race hardware which has bigger pins by 0.010" so the ring floats. The PFC's are a huge advantage and everyone wins. They also wear really well. They wear better than the Stoptech aero rotors with same XP 20 pads which are pretty kind to rotors in general.
So you have these rotors on your car now?

Sponsored

OP
OP
TwinReverb

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Wow I didn’t know there was ever a production run of the fronts.
Sooooo where can I get these? Not seeing anything in the links? Thanks
This is the problem. PFC will not work with small people like us. They worked with Roush and that's how the fronts came to be.

https://pfcbrakes.com/News/ArticleID/31/NEW-Mustang-Parts-Available

Some got out and I was lucky and got a pair. Then Roush got snooty and would not support the product unless they went on a Roush P-51 mustang. So you can't buy extra rings or the rotor kit from Roush. So you had two lamers PFC and Roush preventing a fantastic product from getting out there. PFC just doesn't care because their turds don't stink and we should be happy for them to throw us scraps.

The coolest things is a Optimum Performance is super reputable supporter and vendor in the mustang market bringing this existing product to us unwashed masses. OP's customer service is fantastic and they don't sell any junk. OP deals with "top drawer." So sounds like OP plans to stock these parts are a regular basis and the pre-buy on the rears and or fronts is the 1st step to developing a market for these PFC V3's. I've been racing a long time on various floating hat/rotor combinations. I regularly swap rings on hats since the rings are consumables. It takes 30mins to do the swap vs. 30 seconds with V3. There is nothing more simple and quick than the V3 system which allows you to not have to stock a whole other set of hats and rotors to swap trackside. With V3 all you need are extra rings and 30 seconds you are done. I'm surprised no one has stolen this idea. Why every other manufacturer including most of PFC is still nut and bolting floating rotors is beyond me especially as the street guys have embraced the hat/rotor concept.

For street guys the V3 spring prevents the noise and allows the rotor to still float. Many others say their rotors are for racing so too bad live with the noise. Stoptech kinda straddles the fence and has a street or race pin set up. So you deal with the noise by using a street pin setup but then your rotors don't float.

EDit: Heard the deal fell through. OP will not be doing this with PFC. Oh well we live with lesser parts...

OP
OP
TwinReverb

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
For now it appears no one can get them. Tim closed the pre-buy and refunded our money today. Not enough people committed to getting these built. PFC has a minimum to starting production. It is a shame because the V3 technology, weight, and the price these were going to be offered at were going to make them hard to beat. The two links below are to the original threads. I asked Jared in the lethal performance live stream last night if they carried PFC brake components, as I imagined we may not get enough buy ins here. He said if someone with contacts to PFC would get in touch they could look at it.
Really I think there is little knowledge of these rotors to the market and therefore no interest. A vendor more or less has to take the risk and make at least the minimum order of either 10 pairs of fronts and/or 10 pairs of rears and then hope to sell them. In my opinion I think if they were already available and at the price that was being discussed, these would sell relatively well just based on comparison to other market offerings.

View media item 17521
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/s550-rear-2-piece-floating-rotor-kit-pre-buy.138521/

https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/s550-rear-2-piece-floating-rotor-kit-pre-buy.16033/

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
More Championships than Any Other™

Oh geeze. Reminds me of another arrogant company that frequents this forum.

No biggy. Just ordered some Baer 2-pc rotors from Lethal. They were happy to take my money.

Maybe next time.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure I would attribute 'arrogance' to PFC with respect to Mustang rotors. More likely the Mustang market is too damn small and is already well served by Steeda and Baer and probably a couple others - and anyhow plenty of people just use the $100 OE rotor and call it good enough. My read is PFC doesn't actually make them - they come from a contract manufacturer and so no matter the intent there is a minimum order size for anyone to bother setting up the molds and jigs. Frankly I'm amazed a run of just 20 rotors is sufficient. I would have expected a 300 minimum.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
I'm not sure I would attribute 'arrogance' to PFC with respect to Mustang rotors. More likely the Mustang market is too damn small and is already well served by Steeda and Baer and probably a couple others - and anyhow plenty of people just use the $100 OE rotor and call it good enough. My read is PFC doesn't actually make them - they come from a contract manufacturer and so no matter the intent there is a minimum order size for anyone to bother setting up the molds and jigs. Frankly I'm amazed a run of just 20 rotors is sufficient. I would have expected a 300 minimum.

Well I really like the V3 system. Unfortunately for me when I use up these rotors I will throw them away and use the next best hats/rotors which are very well supported the AP system you can get easily through ESSEX. ESSEX says the rings will always be available because they are used on one of the porsches and the hats are what is specific to mustang. I guess PFC has specific rings and specific hats which is weird.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
ESSEX says the rings will always be available because they are used on one of the porsches and the hats are what is specific to mustang.
care to share part numbers? They don't list a non-Shelby application for us GT/EB people with the 6-pots 15" dia. Ultimately to pay $400 for a rotor which is 4x the OE one it has to last 4x longer or provide other (intangible?) benefits to justify the added expense. A few people just use the Centric/Raybestos version which is even cheaper but for the purposes of stopping the car before running head-long into the kitty-litter, appear to work well enough.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
care to share part numbers? They don't list a non-Shelby application for us GT/EB people with the 6-pots 15" dia. Ultimately to pay $400 for a rotor which is 4x the OE one it has to last 4x longer or provide other (intangible?) benefits to justify the added expense. A few people just use the Centric/Raybestos version which is even cheaper but for the purposes of stopping the car before running head-long into the kitty-litter, appear to work well enough.
I have talked to ESSEX. You can call them those rotors sets fit all the S550's. There is a huge difference and a good quality 2 piece hat and rotor are very important to racing. That's what I do with my s550 it is a dedicated racecar. Aluminum hats reduce heat transfer to the bearings/hub. the rings or rotors float having about 10 thou play and rattle so street guys don't like that. But for racers that 10 thou helps to deal with heat expansion and contraction and reduces the pad knock back problem along with caliper design. It also helps to manage the effect of pad taper along with proper caliper/piston design. A proper hat rotor also has superior cooling with directional vanes that pump air and the 2 piece designs can move more air than OE counterparts because of design and packaging. 2 piece designs are always lighter than their OE counterpart. In the PP brembo S550 there is an easy loss of 10lb of rotating mass per corner difference from OE. On my PP1 car just changing to 18" wheels/tires and to 2 piece rotor I lost about 120lbs and my ride height dropped over an inch! This is an instant performance gain with zero suspension changes.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
and the hats are what is specific to mustang. I guess PFC has specific rings and specific hats which is weird
We don't know that. If it's just the hats that are Mustang specific, the minimum order would still apply on that alone. The PFC vendor I was talking to has no background with Mustang but I can ask him to suss out from PFC if the rotor ring is a common part in which case maybe it's just $250 per person (10x order) to source the hats and then it's up to everyone to order the rings.
Sponsored