HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
To be honest I did care of the perception while driving my other cars from the past. But with the mustang I enjoy my ride and couldn't care less.
I can't remember ever caring what anyone thought about what I was driving. Maybe if I had been in sales and certain cars were the norm, like Real Estate agents and Escalades for example.
Sponsored

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
first car - 67 mustang coupe, next a 67 fastback auto, then a 67 fastback manual (3 clutches, 2 pressure plates later) after 68 years, approx 20 diff motorcycles and a series of cars and trucks (including back in 74 a hippie van ... peace) now on my 2nd mustang in a row. I just dunno what else I'd drive now. Be nice to have a pickup as a 2nd .. so starting and 'ending' with a mustang feels like its been full circle, and just right.
there's the old story of a guy on his deathbed talking to his son - "son, when I remember all the $ I spent on cars, bikes, booze, and women ..... I now realize the rest was just wasted"
Live your best life :)

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Getting ready to turn 68. I've been active all my life, and age is just now trying to slow me down, and I'm fighting it. If I sit on my ass, it hurts my knees to stand up and walk. If I stand in one place it hurts just about everything. If I keep moving I feel fine, and it's more fun. My Mustang helps to keep me moving.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Getting ready to turn 68. I've been active all my life, and age is just now trying to slow me down, and I'm fighting it. If I sit on my ass, it hurts my knees to stand up and walk. If I stand in one place it hurts just about everything. If I keep moving I feel fine, and it's more fun. My Mustang helps to keep me moving.
Yeah when guys over 50 say "everything hurts", we mean it.

I always say, you don't quit working out because you get old... you get old because you quit working out!

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I always say, you don't quit working out because you get old... you get old because you quit working out!
My mother told me a long time ago that the sooner you stop doing something the sooner it is that you can no longer do it. Moral of the story is keep moving and you'll always to able to move.

Sponsored

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
Having seen all ages, shapes, and genders in various vehicles over the years at car shows, I think the perception people will have over someone is how that person acts.

Be nice, courteous, don't be a D-bag, and it won't matter how people percieve you in any car. It'll be their issue, not yours 🤙

But for the record - I instinctively look down on Mopar drivers considering the idiot "owners" of them in Minneapolis here....

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
I love my car, but it didn't cost any more than all those minvans-disguised-as-offroaders I see.

I have a home, food to eat, and can do some travel. If i quit/lose my job, I can spend a year or 2 finding another one without struggle. There is no crisis. It's one of my favorite things about being middle-aged.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
The young crisis.... Got your young in dumb crazy to fast vehicle or lifted to hi truck wanna be rock crawler when you are young.
Then there's the gay crisis ..want to save the world vehicle, smart car ,electric,or perhaps and purple scooter.
Then pre- midlife crisis ....want to take on the world with every muscle car vehicle,swapping them out like cheap beautiful women , to get next best or faster car or throwing money at them constantly.If you make it through this stage without killing yourself and Financial recovery from bankruptcy and divorce.You made it the halfway point congratulations. It's time.Time for midlife crisis...give me that C8 vette or the most fastest expensive Lexus you've got.im about us my retirement money vehicle..
Pre-death crisis ... that one old classic vehicle you never got a chance to work on or finish .Nows the time to finish it, time is running out ,a race to the finish line of life .time to go carshows and just wait to take that final ride.

I really think Ford has life covered .you got the ranger ,every kid wants to turn into a Trophy truck.
The ecoboost mustang .young and want to take on the world but on a budget or what mom and dad could help you afford
The GT ..fuck it I got this on my own mustang. willing to take on world
The muck -E I want save the world College hippie.
The mach -1 or shelby 350 . i I financially made it and better then you mustang.
The GT 500 or supersnake the true midlife crisis or retirement faster then anybody else mustang .
Then the original or replica corba shelby .the Farwell to life car .

Last edited:

Sponsored

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
I blame that on MSG and all hormones they pump in the foods we eat these days.Speeds up the aging process.
I always ask for extra MSG when I order my food. I'm a value shopper....to a point.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I always ask for extra MSG when I order my food. I'm a value shopper....to a point.
If a restaurant charges extra for gluten free, I just ask for the gluten on the side and don't eat it.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
If a restaurant charges extra for gluten free, I just ask for the gluten on the side and don't eat it.
Ooo...I like that! 👌 when people ask "is this Gluten Free?" I chime in with, "of course not, you have to pay for it."

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
One of the things that attracted me to the Bullitt is the lack of go faster stripes, very understated and when the active exhaust is in quiet mode very unobtrusive. It's not a look at me car. But that's just me.
Sponsored