2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
Interesting thread, I didn't know this was even a thing. There's so many Mustangs around where I live it's just another car on the road. I'm 63 and the only comments I've ever gotten was about how nice the colour is.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Women only buy shoes and stupid outfits to impress other women. Their shoes don't have 600hp though.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
When I told wifey I was trading my Jeep in for a 5.0 she said "Midlife crisis?" I replied "ABSOLUTELY!". Anyway the car gets compliments but not as many as the plate. It's great because I've answered everybody's question without them having to ask it.

tempImage3eAegk.png
Have you seen the Ice White edition for 2022, with the white pony, 5.0 and GT emblems? Might go well with your Midlife.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
One day during lunch when some of my coworkers and I were in our mid-40s, one of them told us he was out looking at "midlife crisis" cars. He wasn't trying to attract younger women. He was using midlife crisis as an excuse to upgrade his ride, lol. We all talked about what cars we would get for our midlife crisis car. Everyone else talked about European sports cars while I was the only one saying maybe a Vette (but didn't want the stigma).

At the time we all had kids either in college or about to go, so in the end none of us bought anything fun until years later. Even the guy who was looking waited a couple years before buying a Mercedes coupe.

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Have you seen the Ice White edition for 2022, with the white pony, 5.0 and GT emblems? Might go well with your Midlife.
Funny you mention that, I saw a guy 2 yrs back who had the white 5.0 emblem on his car and thought it looked cool but I do like the stock chrome look so I'll be keeping that, besides it goes with the bullit chrome I have surrounding the grille. I have both Bullit grilles and have to admit I was a bit bummed when I heard the CS was doing it but I'm not surprised because it was a natural and awesome choice. I always thought the lower factory grille in matte was absolute trash. As far as the white pony on the grille goes I almost puked in my mouth a little.n when I saw that. I like the stealth look of the emblem delete and its interesting when people ask what kind of car it is. Mixed feelings on the white dash parts but I have to admit that I like the white on the seats and door panels. This month I 'm painting my brake calipers white and putting black and red ford performance decal on them. I'll post pictures when I can.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
Wouldn’t consider it a midlife crisis vehicle, that’s saved for 911 z06 R8 F-Type

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Wouldn’t consider it a midlife crisis vehicle, that’s saved for 911 z06 R8 F-Type
It's a low-budget mid-life crisis vehicle - for some. If I fit in a Miata I would consider it as a lower-budget alternative now that IMO Mustang isn't very low-budget anymore.

Sponsored

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
It's a low-budget mid-life crisis vehicle - for some.
high 2s into the 3s msrp, a low buget… probably to the upper 10% wealthy in the USA, would consider these a low-budget option. When the Average household income is 76.4K something that costs more especially a deprecating asset which is a 2seater isn’t necessary a need vs want. As the average person wouldn’t consider these low budget and would be a midlife purchase.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
high 2s into the 3s msrp, a low buget… probably to the upper 10% wealthy in the USA, would consider these a low-budget option. When the Average household income is 76.4K something that costs more especially a deprecating asset which is a 2seater isn’t necessary a need vs want. As the average person wouldn’t consider these low budget and would be a midlife purchase.
I agree with what you are saying 100%. The Z06 example is a rich(er) person's mid-life crisis car, not for the average person.

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Well digressing a little…my previous fun car was a GD body Subaru WRX, which I was the original owner. Over the years I kept it in as mint condition as possible, modified it to no end, all external mods were either factory or factory like, as in no fart cans, no ridiculous body kits. I got pulled over being chased by a mini van (county police, boy was I fooled). Cop looked at my license (I was early 50’s then) and he just couldn’t believe it was my car, asked if it wasn’t my sons’s (he must have asked me 3 times). He let me go BTW, being New Year’ eve day he was looking for DWI’s and felt sorry for the “old guy”.

At any rate replaced that car with the current GT350R this year, and I’ve gotten compliments from middle aged men and women. I guess the point is that I’ve always enjoyed a performance vehicle and so if anyone knew me, there is no crisis, only the ability to own a better car. So far no one has raised “mid-life crisis” with me.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
To be honest I did care of the perception while driving my other cars from the past. But with the mustang I enjoy my ride and couldn't care less.
Sponsored