Sponsored

Paxton 3.48 pulley

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I think you are better off selling the while kit and buying twins. Did you run the charger without the inlet? What was the DA? What fuel did you run. I have been 9.9 at 139 on a 3.6 and MS103.
Not to worry Ken will be selling his too.after he lines up next to me this season and see what this d1 does with a big ole 4.75 pulley on it!!!!.
Sponsored

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
this is not true either, i'm not sure if jon bond gave you that info as well, but not the case.

there is a guy working on these blowers, that is not authorized to do so and giving out incorrect info
So could you elaborate a little more on this. I was under the impression they could and you could even have the billet wheel upgrade. That to me seems cheaper than buying a whole new head unit.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
So could you elaborate a little more on this. I was under the impression they could and you could even have the billet wheel upgrade. That to me seems cheaper than buying a whole new head unit.
they will work on them, that doesn't mean vortech has authorized them as a repair center.

and much of the info he gives customers is incorrect.

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Who is They? Can the SL be upgraded is all I want to know. Never asked about a repair center.

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Who is They? Can the SL be upgraded is all I want to know. Never asked about a repair center.
Paxton/Vortech will not upgrade it. They will however give you 500-1000 trade in value for your 2200SL and the new HD versions is 3300.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Paxton/Vortech will not upgrade it. They will however give you 500-1000 trade in value for your 2200SL and the new HD versions is 3300.
they will indeed upgrade the head unit

if you have any trouble. call vortech / paxton and ask for jimmy martz

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
I knew it. Figured someone at Vortech was just trying to sell new head units.

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I knew it. Figured someone at Vortech was just trying to sell new head units.
The 2200SL is NOT able to be converted to a Oil fed style design, They do however offer a 2200 that IS oil fed or just go to a JT/JTB... Trying to help clear things up, you cant take your SL blower and make it oil fed, You need an entirely different blower.

This is straight from Jamie @ Vortech

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
I understand what you are saying but as someone who actually works on centrifugal pumps for a living I disagree. Theres really not too much differences between the two. At least as far as I can tell to warrant a complete design change between oil fed and self lubricated. Pretty sure I'll go with Beefcake as he knows the product well and is contradicting your statement.

Sponsored

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just telling you what the manufacturer said.
fbc7ir.png

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
I'm not calling you a liar. Just think they are pushing head units on people. The volute is the same and the gear case looks identical as well. It even has the provisions to add the oil feed easily. So even if it had a different gear or step up ratio, it might use the same case. Only thing left is bearings and seals so I don't see why it couldn't be possible.

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not calling you a liar. Just think they are pushing head units on people. The volute is the same and the gear case looks identical as well. It even has the provisions to add the oil feed easily. So even if it had a different gear or step up ratio, it might use the same case. Only thing left is bearings and seals so I don't see why it couldn't be possible.
You aren't wrong but apparently it's something vortech won't do.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
By upgrade he means you can send yours in and buy a new one. Guaranteed.

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Well I guess part of the confusion could be that the sl can be converted to oil fed but not upgraded to the HD unit
Sponsored