Passenger side floorboard

slick_rick_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT350
Good evening fellow GT350 owners. I’ve recently purchased a 2018 GT350, Chassis J3691 and have owned it for a little over a month now. Traded in my 2019 GT A10 2 years ago and waited impatiently patient on a good deal. Couldn’t be happier with my purchase.

The prior owner(s) of this beauty did not treat her well at all. I was unsuccessful in getting information from the dealer about any previous work done. I’ve been able to track down the previous owner on this forum however there has been no response. I knew going into this purchase she was going to need some TLC.

I need you expertise. Attached are photos of under the glove box. Can someone help me understand why it looks this way and what these wires and boxes are? Is there a panel I can purchase to cover this up? Any insight is greatly appreciated.
IMG_2834.jpeg
IMG_2835.jpeg
IMG_2838.jpeg
IMG_2837.jpeg
IMG_2836.jpeg
Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
The only thing you are missing is the fuse block cover in the 3rd & 4th picture.... there is nothing missing in the other photos. I compared it to my 2019 GT350.... it looks exactly the same. I can attach photos if needed, but you only need the fuse block cover.

This is way up under the dash on the driver's side. I had to put my padded knee pads on (I'm getting old) and look under the dash. If you have a female passenger who can look under the dash while riding in the car, you need to propose to this girl... she is obviously a contortionist.
There may be skills that marriage would prove to have been a wise decision.

Last edited:
OP
OP
slick_rick_

slick_rick_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT350
The only thing you are missing is the fuse block cover in the 3rd & 4th picture.... there is nothing missing in the other photos. I compared it to my 2019 GT350.... it looks exactly the same. I can attach photos if needed, but you only need the fuse block cover.

This is way up under the dash on the driver's side. I had to put my padded knee pads on (I'm getting old) and look under the dash. If you have a female passenger who can look under the dash while riding in the car, you need to propose to this girl... she is obviously a contortionist.
There may be skills that marriage would prove to have been a wise decision.
😂 I appreciate the willingness to sacrifice your knees somewhat for the sake of my mental health. It just seemed so odd as I don’t recall seeing this with my GT. This is what I get for comparing apples to oranges. Looked under the driver side as well and confirmed it looks similar.

How about these wires in the trunk?

image.jpg

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I would say not OEM... the orange wire twist connector screams aftermarket stereo stuff possibly.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I agree with DP, looks like aftermarket stereo. The photo’s you’ve attached everything easily cleaned up even for an ocd person, like myself. What other issue’s are you dealing with?

😂 I appreciate the willingness to sacrifice your knees somewhat for the sake of my mental health. It just seemed so odd as I don’t recall seeing this with my GT. This is what I get for comparing apples to oranges. Looked under the driver side as well and confirmed it looks similar.

How about these wires in the trunk?

image.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
slick_rick_

slick_rick_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT350
Appreciate all the insight. Looks like I was stressing myself out for no reason thinking something was off. It just didn’t look right. I’ll tidy it all up!

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
I would say not OEM... the orange wire twist connector screams aftermarket stereo stuff possibly.
That rats nest in the trunk is not factory no one in their right mind uses wire nuts to connect wires on automotive parts. You need to trace this mess out and find out what is connected or not connected to that mess.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I'd remove those wire to the trunk. Asking for issues if any of them are still connected.

How do you know the car was treated poorly? And what do you mean by treated poorly?

OP
OP
slick_rick_

slick_rick_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT350
I'd remove those wire to the trunk. Asking for issues if any of them are still connected.

How do you know the car was treated poorly? And what do you mean by treated poorly?
I mean overall care of the vehicle. Missing fuse box panel under glovebox, also thought in the pictures posted that on the passenger side it wasn’t suppose to look like that. There are numerous scrapes, chunks of clear coat paint missing on the backend which someone filled in with regular black paint. I knew all this going into the purchase so I’m not complaining. I just figure a vehicle like this there would have been better care overall.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I mean overall care of the vehicle. Missing fuse box panel under glovebox, also thought in the pictures posted that on the passenger side it wasn’t suppose to look like that. There are numerous scrapes, chunks of clear coat paint missing on the backend which someone filled in with regular black paint. I knew all this going into the purchase so I’m not complaining. I just figure a vehicle like this there would have been better care overall.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Gotcha. Well as long as mechanically it's solid, paint can always be re-done. Enjoy the FPC!

Sponsored

Therealmattlex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Those connectors in the trunk are definitely not factory. I also would guess stereo. They are Wago connectors. I've used them in industrial equipment and they work imo way better then wire nuts. But if your planning on keeping the car for a while I would still recommend solder and heat shrink.

OP
OP
slick_rick_

slick_rick_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT350
Can any of you direct me to a part that will replace the cover of the fuse box? Is this considered the kick panel?

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Can any of you direct me to a part that will replace the cover of the fuse box? Is this considered the kick panel?
Two options are available to you A cover from a wreck at a junkyard as all the covers are the same or a new part from your Ford dealer.
Sponsored