Ruined Passenger Side Side Skirt - I'm Dumb

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I recall something in the past where this part had to be replaced on another members car. I recall it was a riveted part to the chassis. It isn't impossible, but I recall it was a pain. If the damage isn't significant, I'd leave it alone.
Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Yeah, leave it but beyond any metal touch up make sure you get the fastener back in there and secure the piece from moving or vibrating. When those clips go missing that plastic hits a harmonic that can be heard throughout the cabin.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I recall something in the past where this part had to be replaced on another members car. I recall it was a riveted part to the chassis. It isn't impossible, but I recall it was a pain. If the damage isn't significant, I'd leave it alone.
I had a rattling noise coming from the passenger foot well that was driving me nuts. I discovered that one of the side skirts was loose towards the front wheel. If I recall correctly a push pin had come loose and it was not riveted. Perhaps part of the side skirt is riveted and part is pushpins?

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
OP, the side skirt is riveted (2 aluminum ones at the ends) to the painted lower panel of the car. Sideskirt can be replaced without removing the painted panel. I also have a side skirt that is in 90% vs new shape if you are interested (PM me and I can walk you through how to replace and talk about the side skirt I have if you are interested). Good luck with getting the car back in shape!

P.S. I looks like you need the right side and I have the left one. I can still help with some pointers on how to swap it out if you need it.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Happens to best of us haha try car-part.com
Why don't you go to carpart.com and show us that they carry that part.

I really don't think you know what you are talking about.

Do you own a Ford Performance vehicle?

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Exactly. www.Car-part.com is a website i've been using since the early 2000's to find parts from junkyards around the nation.

There's a new website I've been seeing ads for lately called www.carparts.com that just seems to be a www.rockauto.com competitor.
Sponsored