Sponsored

pass-through access points?

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
these two points on either side of my 2023 GT, do they lead to the areas behind kick panels by chance? …for the purpose of running an electrical cable between the engine bay and cabin…thank you.
IMG_9231.jpeg

IMG_9230.jpeg
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
No they do not. If you open your door you can see where that fender hole feeds to and theirs is some noise insulating foam in that cavity.
The best place to run wires from hood to cabin is just below the battery tray. There’s a large rubber boot there you can push feed a wire through or you could drill a new grommet hole in the flat panel near the boot.

OP
OP
Bullittproof

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No they do not. If you open your door you can see where that fender hole feeds to and theirs is some noise insulating foam in that cavity.
The best place to run wires from hood to cabin is just below the battery tray. There’s a large rubber boot there you can push feed a wire through or you could drill a new grommet hole in the flat panel near the boot.
Thanks for the information, Evolvd, I assume your suggestion can be accessed in the cabin by removing the glovebox? ir is it lower than that? and lastly, is that panel ‘single wall’ metal?
Thanks again for your response.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
No, remove the passenger side wheel well liner, then you will see the rubber boot. That rubber boot can be seen in the passenger side footwell.

OP
OP
Bullittproof

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, remove the passenger side wheel well liner, then you will see the rubber boot. That rubber boot can be seen in the passenger side footwell.
Understood, so in the cabin maybe peel-back the carpeting a bit? or is it totally visible once I get my head down there? Thanks for your input.
[I assume the liner is a series of pins and a bit of folding/manipulating it for removal?]

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@Bullittproof, here is a short video of the pass through grommet that Evolved is referring to behind the wheel well cover. There is one on the driver’s side as well to facilitate passing wires down either side of the car. You will want to pull back the carpet inside the car, cut the nipple in the pass through grommet with a razor and tape your wire to a coat hanger to guide it through to the interior and pull the appropriate length of wire that you need into the cabin.

To give you a better idea of how many wires you can feed through the pass through nipple, the white wire is a 4 gauge power wire for my stereo amps and the remainder of the wires that are taped up with black Tesa Tape are for my N2MB WOT Box.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bullittproof

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks NGOT8R, that is very helpful, I appreciate you sharing it. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, so true in this case!

Mossberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP, 2002 Mustang GT
I simply drilled a hole behind the battery box and installed a grommet. It was super easy and didn't have to remove the wheel or fender liner to do. Just removed the battery and tray.

IMG_8538.jpg

OP
OP
Bullittproof

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I responded to this previously but it did not post, thanks for the suggestion, I assume that there is room for the cable behind the reinstalled battery, to pull it into the engine bay…

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I ran mine as described by Evolvd and NGOT8R; super easy and I ran a 1/0 gauge wire.

OP
OP
Bullittproof

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks for confirming, m3incorp

Mossberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP, 2002 Mustang GT
I responded to this previously but it did not post, thanks for the suggestion, I assume that there is room for the cable behind the reinstalled battery, to pull it into the engine bay…
Yes, there is plenty of room