Sponsored

PARKING

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
I can see someone double parking a Ferrari or some exotic, but not really seeing it for a Vette. The dude might THINK he is cool enough to double park, but it looks like his wife agrees that he is a 'bag.
Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Park closer!

The truck owner should have parked as close as possible so that the Vette owner couldn't open the driver's door. He would have to enter through the passenger door. Have you tried to get into a Vette driver's seat from the passenger side?

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The truck owner should have parked as close as possible so that the Vette owner couldn't open the driver's door. He would have to enter through the passenger door. Have you tried to get into a Vette driver's seat from the passenger side?
I have on my 2013 Ram R/T. But never tried on my C6. Hard enough to get in my C6 from the drivers seat.

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Agreed....dick move by the Corvette owner.
But bigger dick move by the Jeep owner...obstructing a walkway and parked over yellow lines.
Great way to at least get a ticket or even towed.
Two bad decisions...IMHO

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

But bigger dick move by the Jeep owner...obstructing a walkway and parked over yellow lines.
Two bad decisions...IMHO
Two wrongs doesn't make a right, but heck, I'd try to get under the Vette owners skin too. I hate people that think they are better than everyone else. Being a pretentious douchebag isn't exactly a good thing.

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Two wrongs doesn't make a right, but heck, I'd try to get under the Vette owners skin too. I hate people that think they are better than everyone else. Being a pretentious douchebag isn't exactly a good thing.
Years ago, I knew "a guy" who kept a deflator in his car just for that reason. Screw it onto the tire valve and watch the magic happen. Extreme douchebaggery would result in more tires being deflated. No real damage done, but a major inconvenience for the Dbag who can't park. The look on their face when they see their precious car with flat tire(s)....priceless :lol:

Reactions: Ebm

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Here's my story;

A beautiful early fall day in Michigan, and I'm playing tennis with friends at the local H.S. I park my car waaaaaaay out, as far away in the lot as possible. 50+ yards from any other vehicle, and I park at an angle in two spots. It's 4PM on a Friday, the lot is virtually empty.

Friday Night H.S. football starts while I'm hitting, and in an instant the lot is filled to capacity. Someone doesn't like how I parked (rightfully so), and parks behind me., with cars on either side. It was a shitty little rat-box 1980s Yugo or Chevette or something. But I manage to sneak my car past it and out so I can go home.

But before I leave, I dump the contents of my water jug on the driver's seat of said shit-box, whose owner conveniently left the doors open.

But, that was all an honest mistake, on everyone's part.

kobexu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT California Special
I park as close as I can to the curb. Or if I was at work I would park next to someone who I know won't ding me. But yes I have had those d*bags. Or they see a nice car and decide to park next to it.
Never park next to a curb..

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Here's my story;

A beautiful early fall day in Michigan, and I'm playing tennis with friends at the local H.S. I park my car waaaaaaay out, as far away in the lot as possible. 50+ yards from any other vehicle, and I park at an angle in two spots. It's 4PM on a Friday, the lot is virtually empty.

Friday Night H.S. football starts while I'm hitting, and in an instant the lot is filled to capacity. Someone doesn't like how I parked (rightfully so), and parks behind me., with cars on either side. It was a shitty little rat-box 1980s Yugo or Chevette or something. But I manage to sneak my car past it and out so I can go home.

But before I leave, I dump the contents of my water jug on the driver's seat of said shit-box, whose owner conveniently left the doors open.

But, that was all an honest mistake, on everyone's part.
What were you driving? :shrug:

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
Two bad decisions...IMHO
Not to be a pedant, but just to the left of the concrete peninsula the Jeep is parked partially on, there is a walkway that appears to be ADA complient all hatched out in yellow paint. One could argue the Jeep shouldn’t be towed because it hampers neither a pedestrian of any mobility, nor an adjacent car from parking. It was probably painted yellow all the way around to keep people from driving over it at speed.

Years ago, I knew "a guy" who kept a deflator in his car just for that reason. Screw it onto the tire valve and watch the magic happen. Extreme douchebaggery would result in more tires being deflated. No real damage done, but a major inconvenience for the Dbag who can't park. The look on their face when they see their precious car with flat tire(s)....priceless :lol:
Small pebbles are also readily available to install under the cap from most roads and parking surfaces. If you have a GT350R you can just pick one out of your tire or exhaust tip. Not that I advocate for that sort of behavior.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Whenever this topic comes up I am reminded of this.

p5p280e-54203579ef36a.jpg
This is when you are asking for it.
Never park in two spaces in the area where you walk in.

Everyone wants to park close to the entry.

Lately I've been parking over three lines; crossways and out faraway.
Only way someone can park beside me is to park in the road........:shrug:

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
Everyone wants to park close to the entry.

Lately I've been parking over three lines; crossways and out faraway.
Only way someone can park beside me is to park in the road........:shrug:
This sounds suspiciously like my golf game.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Anyone that takes up multiple parking spots is asking for trouble.

What I've found works best is to park just slightly past everyone else...just far enough to not make it look like you're trying to park all alone. Because everyone likes to pull through parking spots...I usually won't.

The more attention you draw towards your anal parking habits, the more haters are going to mess with you.
Sponsored