Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
When I park my ride I always look for a spot with as much room as possible. I like a spot at the end of an isle with a curb on one side.
Sometimes I park out in the North Forty just to be away from everyone.
But you know what? No matter where I park there is always some Ass Clown that has to park close to me. I just don't get it.
My guess is people notice how sharp your car is and they just have to be near it to get a closer look.

What do you guys think?
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
It's usually more a case of "heh that guy thinks hes better than us and parks all the way in the back, must be a douche, I'm gonna fuck with him and park next to him."

I know this as it's WHY I never parked far way when I had a Mustang, it screams to d-bags "hey park next to me!".

I also know because I have an Altima know, and I'm the dick that parks next to you.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I park as close as I can to the curb. Or if I was at work I would park next to someone who I know won't ding me. But yes I have had those d*bags. Or they see a nice car and decide to park next to it.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Dirt Bags that park really close to me ....

will always get a surprise from me when they return to their cars. :D
and yes its subtle, am not obvious that way. ;)

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Same thing happens to me. Every time. It never fails. Doesn't matter what vehicle I am in. I can park out in the middle of nowhere, and inevitably some asshat will park next to me.

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Picking a parking spot that is safe from the average door swinging idiot while not arousing the rage of the bitter d-bags is an art.

I try to look for an end spot that is not so far away but in an area unattractive to the average lazy person. Off to one side is often better than way out because people who just want the easiest, most convenient spot won't go there and you're not out where you're along the entry path for the d-bags to spot you on the way in.

When you add the dangers of shopping carts on slopes, people cutting across lots, and so on, the choice gets pretty complicated. But one thing is always true - never park like an ass. Always between the lines, always in a legal spot. You don't want to give those same people an excuse to do more than just park next to you.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Picking a parking spot that is safe from the average door swinging idiot while not arousing the rage of the bitter d-bags is an art.

I try to look for an end spot that is not so far away but in an area unattractive to the average lazy person. Off to one side is often better than way out because people who just want the easiest, most convenient spot won't go there and you're not out where you're along the entry path for the d-bags to spot you on the way in.

When you add the dangers of shopping carts on slopes, people cutting across lots, and so on, the choice gets pretty complicated. But one thing is always true - never park like an ass. Always between the lines, always in a legal spot. You don't want to give those same people an excuse to do more than just park next to you.
I couldn't agree more! I always park in the lines. And in my 13 I got really good at backing into spots because I hit someone backing out of a spot. It'll be so much easier backing into spots with a backup camera!!
11062383_10153464645418730_3016149081932339871_o.jpg

2veloce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS PREM CONVERTIBLE AT
Same thing happens to me. Every time. It never fails. Doesn't matter what vehicle I am in. I can park out in the middle of nowhere, and inevitably some asshat will park next to me.
I agree whether my truck, Mustang, Sedan it doesn’t matter they will find me:frusty:

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
The Corvette guys have it worse and get hit more often because the cars are lower to the ground. But park as far away as people with young kids can’t and those kids do the real damage. Also helps to not wash the car when you go to packed malls as dirty cars are noticed less and that overweight woman who normally dings the door opening it and scratches the doors with clothing and handbag won’t go near it as the dirt would rub off on her. It is true as a dirty car has less dings. When I get a new car it stays dirty unless I know I can baby it for a few days before it gets dirty again.

And if you drive a Ferrari and park at the mall; expect to see some young Black male leaning on it trying to look cool for the babes (yes this actually happened). Good luck with that.

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
As mentioned in my small questions thread i really think some people just want to see if manual or auto. lol

Parking to the extreme of a curb is no good if the person next to you still parks too close. i think the only way is to double park which is an even bigger douche move.

Sponsored

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
I always park away from other cars. I've actually left if I couldn't find a good spot. About two months ago we went out for breakfast. I parked in the same spot I always do far away from everyone. I even had a window seat and could see my car. A minivan pulls up and parks right next to me. I said to my wife, "Are you kidding me?" as there were lots of spots closer to the restaurant.

A guy and his wife get out and he starts walking around my car, looking in the car window, walking around it some more. His wife walked away and came into the restaurant. He was still out there for another two minutes staring at my car. I will say it might have made me feel good.

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
I always park away from other cars. I've actually left if I couldn't find a good spot...
+1....usually I know the lots that will be packed and simply avoid them. When possible parking away almost always works in NoVA. People cannot be bothered with walking an extra 100-200ft and usually will even wait 10min trolling for a front spot. :lol:

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
+1....usually I know the lots that will be packed and simply avoid them. When possible parking away almost always works in NoVA. People cannot be bothered with walking an extra 100-200ft and usually will even wait 10min trolling for a front spot. :lol:
Ikr. I have watched people wait 10 minutes for someone to leave a parking space, when there was an empty space 20 feet away. No wonder America has an obesity problem.

And don't get me started on the asshats who pull into a handicap spot and walk into the store like nothing. Laziness is *not* a handicap.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I went to the court house for Jury duty (after lunch) and I come back out talking to my dad on the phone. And a mini van parked almost hitting my tC. I was parked perfectly in the lines. I stood there for 5 minutes trying to decide how to get into my car! I understand being in a hurry but FIX your parking job!!! The person had to know they did a shitty job parking cause it was their driver side!!

I fix my parking job even if it makes me late! It only takes two minutes (if that). And we drove my mustang to the dock there was a spot next to a Mercedes and a spot next to a beat up Corolla (I believe it was). My sister and I at the same time told my dad to park next to the Mercedes. Just because we knew the Mercedes wouldn't hit us. Sometimes I would rather have a higher end car park next to me than a piece of crap car!

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Whenever this topic comes up I am reminded of this.

p5p280e-54203579ef36a.jpg
Sponsored