Parking sensors - MY2017 Mustang

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
Thanks MC - thought it was too cheap. Fixr7 thankfully my dealer has done a great job with mine. Colour matches and no damage. That would have been heartbreaking for the owner of the BF GT you mentioned. I'd be beside myself.
Sponsored

Jostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What happens when you stop at traffic and get close to the car in front? I assume it starts beeping? Does that mean you need to switch them off whilst driving and only turn them on whilst parking?

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
What happens when you stop at traffic and get close to the car in front? I assume it starts beeping? Does that mean you need to switch them off whilst driving and only turn them on whilst parking?
That is correct. There is a discreet switch on the dash to switch them off.

Jostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've had a car with after market front sensors that has a distance display that they put in the corner of your dash. It only beeps right at the end. That way you can leave it switched on at all times. Pity it looks ugly, otherwise it is a much better solution.

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!

Anne, do you find you need to turn them off when driving or can you leave them on without them going off all the time? I like the idea of them, but having to remembering to turn them on and off all the time puts me off a bit.

Sponsored

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
Anne, do you find you need to turn them off when driving or can you leave them on without them going off all the time? I like the idea of them, but having to remembering to turn them on and off all the time puts me off a bit.
I leave them on actually, though switch is right there next to the sunglasses drawer. Guess it depends on how close the distance they are set. I've nudged the bench in our garage a couple of times (covered in carpet under felt) so this works for me. These cars are not only wide but long too eh.

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
I leave them on actually, though switch is right there next to the sunglasses drawer. Guess it depends on how close the distance they are set. I've nudged the bench in our garage a couple of times (covered in carpet under felt) so this works for me. These cars are not only wide but long too eh.
If they can be left on without going off constantly that would be OK, maybe they can have the sensitivity adjusted? Yep the length takes a bit to get used to.

A friend had a really tight fit into their garage and hung a tennis ball from the roof on a piece of string, they would drive up until the ball just touched the windscreen and then they knew they were in the right spot. I thought it was great idea, until one day I went and saw a big hole in the gyproc where the car had gone into the wall. One of the kids had untied it from the string and taken the ball down for a game of something, one of the older siblings thinking they were doing the right thing put it back so mum would not get mad when she got home as they were not supposed to touch it. But not at the same height......

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
A friend of mine has a miniature set of Traffic Lights, (Red, Orange and Green Lights), that he bought from Jaycar Electronics.

It has an Ultrasonic Device mounted in it.

The Traffic Light is mounted to the front of his garage, and it can be adjusted to stop your car up to a distance of about 1 meter from the wall.

It is powered by a 12 volt plug pack.

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
If they can be left on without going off constantly that would be OK, maybe they can have the sensitivity adjusted? Yep the length takes a bit to get used to.

A friend had a really tight fit into their garage and hung a tennis ball from the roof on a piece of string, they would drive up until the ball just touched the windscreen and then they knew they were in the right spot. I thought it was great idea, until one day I went and saw a big hole in the gyproc where the car had gone into the wall. One of the kids had untied it from the string and taken the ball down for a game of something, one of the older siblings thinking they were doing the right thing put it back so mum would not get mad when she got home as they were not supposed to touch it. But not at the same height......
Best laid plans hey. Gees I'd lose it big time.
And Red Atang 302, I could see the traffic lights being a nice addition to the Mustang cave.

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
If that website is to be believed, that looks awesome - wow!
If taking the front bumper off to install a US lower grille, could attach that at the same time, and boom! Instant parking protection.
Scott, did you get these? How did it go?

Sponsored

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Scott, did you get these? How did it go?
No, I forgot about them actually...
My wife refuses to drive the car, so a big reason for getting them went away :)

blagz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just had mine installed today, they are always on and theres little button with blue light to switch them off. The guy did a really good job for $450, he comes to your house and installs them. Not his first mustang either so he has experience with the car. He also help me put the american lower grille while the bumper was off :)

OP
OP
Mustang GT007
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ange
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, Magnetic Grey
Just had mine installed today, they are always on and theres little button with blue light to switch them off. The guy did a really good job for $450, he comes to your house and installs them. Not his first mustang either so he has experience with the car. He also help me put the american lower grille while the bumper was off :)
You have any images of sensors and internal button?

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Thanks [MENTION=23236]blagz[/MENTION]. I'd be interested to hear what you think of them after a few days of real world use.
Sponsored