Surrexen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hi guys,

Can anyone that has installed parking sensors in the front of your mustang tell me whether your parking sensors pick up gutters? Specifically, gutters near the front left corner of your car?
Sponsored

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Also, can someone show me pics please?
I was inspecting a Magnetic GT V8 Convertible in Melbourne. The dealer showed me a sensor on a nearby Ranger or Everest.
Industrial type application not out of place on a heavy duty vehicle but totally unacceptable on a Stang.
Yet some cars have almost an OEM type fit.
Any pics or websites thanks?

Nong

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual Fastback Lightning Blue
Tim from MCS did my front sensors a few weeks ago and did a great job.
I don't think they will pick up normal height gutters however if anything protrudes above them I believe they will. Sensors already saved me once so they have already paid for themselves. Photo showing what they look like.
File307 copy.jpg

Nong

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Tim at work. He uses a special tool to cut the holes in the bumper and the sensor kit comes from Italy.
IMG_2243 copy.jpg
IMG_2250 copy.jpg
IMG_2251 copy.jpg

Ro369

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rohan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB - Magnetic
Tim at work. He uses a special tool to cut the holes in the bumper and the sensor kit comes from Italy.
Hey Greg.. Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks amazing. May i request you to also share the pic of the main display unit inside the car. Also how much did the whole thing cost you (including Tim's charges) I may get one as well...

Sponsored

Nong

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hi Rohan,

Photo attached of the on/off button below the trunk release, power up is on, button push to off, to get rid of warning. Control box and small speaker hidden under the dash. Can change the parameters. Call Tim for pricing as I think has changed slightly recently and mention 6G. Very neat install as you can see.
IMG_2284 copy.jpg

RubyVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Maggie the GT...
There's a trunk release button? :eyebulge:

Thought it was only on the key fob.

Cheers

J

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
Also, can someone show me pics please?
I was inspecting a Magnetic GT V8 Convertible in Melbourne. The dealer showed me a sensor on a nearby Ranger or Everest.
Industrial type application not out of place on a heavy duty vehicle but totally unacceptable on a Stang.
Yet some cars have almost an OEM type fit.
Any pics or websites thanks?
Mine were installed by my dealer. Discreet switch near boot release to turn off. I'm happy with them - have helped me with parking up close without any probs.
IMG_9537.JPG

OP
OP

Surrexen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Nong/Greg, great photos for reference that's for sure. So basically they don't pick up gutters but I'm guessing you would recommend getting sensors anyway as you saved yourself from damaging the car once already? Also that lightning blue of yours is absolutely gorgeous!

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Nong/Greg, great photos for reference that's for sure. So basically they don't pick up gutters but I'm guessing you would recommend getting sensors anyway as you saved yourself from damaging the car once already? Also that lightning blue of yours is absolutely gorgeous!
I've got the sensors from MSC and they're a must when parallel parking. I wouldn't be without them, but each to their own.

Sponsored

Brendan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBC 2017MY Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
I got a quote from my dealer recently for front sensors at $950. I thought it was way too much so I will look elsewhere. Don't know why dealerships continue to charge themselves out of the market on aftermarket parts.

Ro369

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rohan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB - Magnetic
Hi Rohan,

Photo attached of the on/off button below the trunk release, power up is on, button push to off, to get rid of warning. Control box and small speaker hidden under the dash. Can change the parameters. Call Tim for pricing as I think has changed slightly recently and mention 6G. Very neat install as you can see.
Thanks Greg.. Good job I must say. I will check with Tim for the pricing. :cheers:

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
I got a quote from my dealer recently for front sensors at $950. I thought it was way too much so I will look elsewhere. Don't know why dealerships continue to charge themselves out of the market on aftermarket parts.
I was happy to pay the $800 for the dealer to fit the front sensors. Means all the items are fitted pre collection, and I haven't got to mess about getting items worked on afterwards.

SteveMcqueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red GT premium
I'm really only after these for getting close to concrete blocks in car parks (gutter height)...are sensors useless for that then?....perhaps a front camera is the way to go

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ususally front sensors only work when a car is in reverse, so that way while you're watching the back or rear camera you also get audible warning of anything at the front you risk hitting/not seeing. If you're thinking of while in 1st/moving forward, then camera is the way to go

EDIT: Forgot to mention, i know with other brands that AFTER you engage reverse then the front sensors remain on until you hit 30km, so you can always just engage reverse to make the sensors work then drive forward and use them that way. I'd still recommend a camera if for anything like judging gutters etc when parking face in.
Sponsored