2018 GT Fastback

steerage250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback, 1928 Model A Ford
II installed the Curb Alert, but am in the process of fitting "normal" ultrasonic, bumper mounted (drilled) units ($100 Mongoose units and fitting them myself)

I wasn't happy with the Curb Alert because it doesn't give a "progressively increasing frequency sound" as the curb gets closer. You just have to have faith that it's working and wait for the beep (and hope it doesn't follow the crunch). I found it didn't detect wet curbs sometimes, which meant I lost a bit of faith - and had trouble trusting it.

I'll probably leave the Curb Alert installed as well - at least until I see how the ultrasonic sensors detect curbs.

steerage250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback, 1928 Model A Ford
I’ve just discovered that the paint applied to the front of my new parking sensors was too thick and has stuffed them up. (Luckily I decided it would be prudent to test the system before installing them and bolting the bumper back on!). (Hopefully this is an indication that the paint job on the bumper itself is nice and thick - and better than the one Henry’s painters put on in the factory!)
Sponsored