Parking Lot Nonsense

DeLorean17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Back in high school before they switched us to assigned spaces, I always parked at the far end of the lot. I came out after school one day and found a car on each side of me within three to four inches. Both cars had our football team logo on their windows, and of course, they stay after for practice.

I managed to get into the car on the passenger side enough to reach in and popped the manual to neutral and took the brake off, then pushed the car out of the spot.

Basically, they were jerks and did it on purpose because I parked far out.

Thankfully, no one has done something like that to either of my Mustangs.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
People think its funny to get very close to your pride and joy.

ravengenesis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rai
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Oxford White
I always park the side to a curb or a trolley/kart return. Reducing the risk of damage by 50% is YUGE

But I've actually parted a hybrid in no man's land just to observe people drive all the way out to park next to me, and I just roll off to another empty spot right in their face to make them look stupid... Or does that make me look stupid for doing social experiments...

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I parked about 3 or 4 spaces from the furthest car from the store (Walmart of all places, super risky, I know). I was still in my car when these asshats in an SUV decided to park right beside me. They must not have seen me just pull in, and somehow didn't see me sitting in the car. The one girl was eyeing up my car and talking about it, and I was still annoyed they needed to park RIGHT beside my car. I started the car up, which scared her (lol), and I went about 3 section over to another empty section and waited for them to go into the store. Luckily, no cars next to me when I came out.

Sponsored

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
I always park the side to a curb or a trolley/kart return. Reducing the risk of damage by 50% is YUGE
This! I do this all the time. I usually pick the berms/grassy parking lot islands more than the cart returns for fear someone gets careless putting their cart back.

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Back in high school before they switched us to assigned spaces, I always parked at the far end of the lot. I came out after school one day and found a car on each side of me within three to four inches. Both cars had our football team logo on their windows, and of course, they stay after for practice.

I managed to get into the car on the passenger side enough to reach in and popped the manual to neutral and took the brake off, then pushed the car out of the spot.

Basically, they were jerks and did it on purpose because I parked far out.

Thankfully, no one has done something like that to either of my Mustangs.
And thats why I carry a valve stem wrench. I would have loosed the stems in at least two tires on each car. Hey its all just in fun right?

OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Call me "that guy" but this is why I double park. And I literally park in no man's land where no one else is. F&*k 'em!!
That's dangerous to do, even if way out by yourself with no other cars in sight. Some people will really want to mess with your ride if they see it double parked.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
A couple of weeks ago I found that someone decided to park their old junker real. Lose to me. Didn't piss me off one bit. I do wonder how they felt stepping in my empty spit cub and drink full of ice I poured out for them to go around getting in their drivers door. Made me laugh

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The nail that sticks out gets hammered.
-Tokyo Drift
That's dangerous to do, even if way out by yourself with no other cars in sight. Some people will really want to mess with your ride if they see it double parked.
Agreed. It's ok to have a really nice car, but if you have to throw it in peoples' faces they will be annoyed. If you like to keep your car nice it's best not to irritate others.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Call me "that guy" but this is why I double park. And I literally park in no man's land where no one else is. F&*k 'em!!
Double parking is telling others that you think you're more important then others. You're just asking for someone to put a boot in your door.

Park far out, but double parking is a dangerous practice. It really sends a strong message that just might cause someone to unleash their anger on your car.

Do you really want to direct random peoples anger and hate onto you?

Remember to treat others as you would want to be treated.
Double parking is screaming to others that you're a selfish jackwagon.

Watch the two examples below over such actions.

Last edited:

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
either way, if he keeps doing it, he'll learn the hard way

Racemaster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder
Road dog......you don't need any tools..Just take the valve cap off and find a tiny little pebble on the ground.Stick it in the stem and tighten the cap back down..

DONE!

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Now days a lot of parking lots have security cameras, if you find your car damaged go in and ask to see the video.

Terry
Sponsored