Wow seriously the plate bracket is so bad. Ruins the front of the car

marto.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty/Marto
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT
Saw my first Stang in the wild today. Competition Orange GT at Sanctuary Cove.

Saw a couple of lesser quality cars there too, but not that exciting.
IMG_5190.JPG
IMG_5192.JPG
IMG_5194.JPG

MM Pony GT

MM Pony GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maks
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Competition Orange looks so much better than expected. It seems to just "work" on the mustang. I didn't even consider it when picking colour, thinking that maybe I should have.

Sponsored

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
Here are some photos of that Race Red GT that I promised to post earlier. I saw it again on the weekend. Perhaps I am whinging slightly about the rear bumper fit, but the panels are definitely hitting at one end, and is wider at the other. By far the worst aspect is that bonnet pinch, but as you can see, the doors don't seem quite right either. Paint looks okay from what I can tell, but it was raining again. I can confirm that 3rd brake light is fine. Boot lid doesn't seem bad either. Yet there's just something not quite right about the whole car as you walk around it and look closely, even if the issues are just panels being a couple of millimetres out of alignment. I hope the owner realizes and gets the dealer to sort it out as it detracts from what is other a very nice Mustang (plate bracket aside). I still maintain that Race Red demands a car that's put together absolutely properly, or at least very close to it.

The odd thing is that the car looks a little more 'orangey' as my wife said in real life, but seems a shade darker in these photos. The shot of the bumper looks closest to real life. Anyway, wife's now pestering me to change order to Ruby Red (which she originally wanted). Not sure if I should. I must confess it's not my favourite shade of red, as a current red car owner. I'd like to see it on a sunny day (both days were overcast/lightly raining).

It's really an odd state of affairs trying to sort out colours when you haven't seen them in the flesh.
20160210_172701_resized.jpg
20160210_172742_resized.jpg
20160210_172825_resized.jpg
20160213_105248_resized.jpg
20160213_105252_resized.jpg

Last edited:

80LT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover / KTM / Mustang GT
Saw my first Stang in the wild today. Competition Orange GT at Sanctuary Cove.

Saw a couple of lesser quality cars there too, but not that exciting.
I saw a Black GT F/B at Sanctuary Cove last week, didn't have my phone so no photo :headbonk:

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After being a little disappointed with finish of above Race Red GT, I saw a black EB 'vert on Friday afternoon at Kirra, on the Gold Coast. Perhaps it has just a very slight bonnet pinch, but overall, all panels seemed nicely aligned, so my faith in the S550 returned. Those who've ordered a black 'vert will be VERY HAPPY with their choice. I'm not a big fan of convertibles in general, but this looks really good.

Less good is the front standard plate bracket with a NSW slimline on it (on the top half). There's about three inches or more of the highest quality Ford black plastic underneath it.

As a public service, and in the interests of making a better world, I think we should all be sticking Lakin business cards or Craig's or Stow n' Show or whatever under the wipers of any S550 owner with standard Ford plate brackets.

Didn't take a photo as people were watching. Call me old-fashioned, I feel a bit silly taking photos of cars on the street!

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I saw my first Mustang on the road yesterday other than my own. It was a Magnetic GT with USA style rear deck lid driving through Docklands.

MuzzStang

2015 Black GT 'vert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 GT vert with Roush extras.
Driving towards the city early this arvo on the Monash Fwy a race red fastback passed by in the opposite direction. Looked bloody good too. Vic Rego PONYRC.

Anyone from here?

Sponsored

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Driving towards the city early this arvo on the Monash Fwy a race red fastback passed by in the opposite direction. Looked bloody good too. Vic Rego PONYRC.

Anyone from here?
That plate seems familiar - I think someone else snapped a pic of it?

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
CO Mustang spotted on Pennant Hills Rd yesterday at Carlingford about 11:30am. My first one spotted in the wild!

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver entering Gold Coast Airport at around 7:30 a.m.

This colour almost makes the S550 look Aston Martin-ish. Looks great.

Gold Coast is a bad place to be if you are waiting for your car. I have seen 1 X Race Red GT (twice), 1 X Black GT, 1 X Black EB 'vert, and now 1 X Ingot Silver (not sure if GT or EB). So that's 4 cars in a little over a week.

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
Saw 6 new Mustangs last night at a 50th birthday celebration of Mustang at our dealer. The dealer principal unveiled his - which has been vinyl wrapped. What do you think? Also was advised by the dealer that the colour Guard has been discontinued - so all of you that have ordered one or have it already, have even more of a collectors item I would think.
IMG_8469.JPG
IMG_8470.JPG

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Saw 6 new Mustangs last night at a 50th birthday celebration of Mustang at our dealer. The dealer principal unveiled his - which has been vinyl wrapped. What do you think? Also was advised by the dealer that the colour Guard has been discontinued - so all of you that have ordered one or have it already, have even more of a collectors item I would think.
The wrap kills the curves of the car in my opinion. I love how all DPs got their cars first, which' wasn't going to happen.'
Sponsored