WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
By the way what is bonnet pinch, how do I recognise it and how is it fixed!!
Is it anything like box gap?

:bolt:
Sponsored

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Girlfriend saw a black GT fastback in Norwest Boulevard (NSW) this morning.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
If they pass the [MENTION=15083]Bobsp12[/MENTION] test, that's surely a good sign.

:thumbsup:
I was pleasantly surprised at how nice they were Drew. It has relieved some of the worry as to how they will present on delivery day. The bonnet pinch was minor, but as we are well schooled on the defects to look for, it was noticeable. An easy fix that should really be done during build. I figure that the bonnet is fitted and adjusted before the front facia goes on in production, at which point it is too late to adjust to suit on the line.

Now that all the paperwork is complete, it's time to just sit and wait for it to arrive.
It's great to hear that yours is underway.

Also, the dealers are really pissed of with Ford Aus at the poor way they have communicated and handled the delays. I almost felt a bit sorry for them. Apparently they are constantly on the receiving end of a lot of angry people with mustang orders and like everybody, they get no support from Ford Aus.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I was pleasantly surprised at how nice they were Drew. It has relieved some of the worry as to how they will present on delivery day. The bonnet pinch was minor, but as we are well schooled on the defects to look for, it was noticeable. An easy fix that should really be done during build. I figure that the bonnet is fitted and adjusted before the front facia goes on in production, at which point it is too late to adjust to suit on the line.

Now that all the paperwork is complete, it's time to just sit and wait for it to arrive.
It's great to hear that yours is underway.

Also, the dealers are really pissed of with Ford Aus at the poor way they have communicated and handled the delays. I almost felt a bit sorry for them. Apparently they are constantly on the receiving end of a lot of angry people with mustang orders and like everybody, they get no support from Ford Aus.
I think is just luck of the draw, I have seen 5 mustangs up close now. 2 including my own had minimal issues, 1 had a few fairly obvious issues, but 2 were beyond a joke i.e. clear coat failing, panel gaps and misalignment all across the car.

I hope yours is perfect :cheers:

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I think is just luck of the draw, I have seen 5 mustangs up close now. 2 including my own had minimal issues, 1 had a few fairly obvious issues, but 2 were beyond a joke i.e. clear coat failing, panel gaps and misalignment all across the car.

I hope yours is perfect :cheers:
You are probably right QJ.....it's been a lottery process throughout the entire order, build and delivery sequence of this car.

Sponsored

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Not an S550. But I believe this deserves a special mention.

Spotted Yuvi's... cousin? Most likely. How can you tell? Well, the exhaust on this guys car was... hmmm... obnoxiously loud :D
YuviUntitled.jpg

Yuvraj

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuvraj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PP
Not an S550. But I believe this deserves a special mention.

Spotted Yuvi's... cousin? Most likely. How can you tell? Well, the exhaust on this guys car was... hmmm... obnoxiously loud :D
\

the exhaust looks like its a straight pipe design :lol:

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Went to the dealership today to finalize the price and give them my number plate details. It was actually a pleasant experience. All the staff they had on today were very good. Yeh.. a dealership being nice...it had to happen one day..
They had four mustangs there...a black ecoboost vert, a white ecoboost fb, a guard vert gt and a black gt fb.
I had a good look at the paint and the panel alignment on them and the rear windows on the fb's.
They were all very good, no paint defects that I could see, the rear windows on the fb's were perfect, no waves at the third brake light and very even at the roofline on both sides.
Two of the cars had a slight bonnet pinch, but that was the only faults I could find.
I would have been more than happy to accept delivery of any of the cars.
Which dealer are we taking. With your own plates how does that work. Do you tell them you have plates and they pick them up when they register it. The reason I ask is my plates can't be picked up unless put on a registered car. I have R series plates. Enjoy your car...when do you pick it up :headbang::cheers:

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
By the way what is bonnet pinch, how do I recognise it and how is it fixed!!
Easiest fix is to raise the bump stops on each side of the top support bar. Next, not dificult but time cosuming is to place washers/shims.

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT

Sponsored

peambros

Inner westie
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
RR MY2016 V8 Fastback
Excellent description, pictures and fix. Now I know what to look for (among with all the other issues potentially).

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Which dealer are we taking. With your own plates how does that work. Do you tell them you have plates and they pick them up when they register it. The reason I ask is my plates can't be picked up unless put on a registered car. I have R series plates. Enjoy your car...when do you pick it up :headbang::cheers:
Sorry for my crap grammar there Snakebite, it was Jarvis Ford Norwood. I just requested that they fit slimline premium plates....they organize them....they are not personalised plates.
The car wont be here until late March...
As far as personal plates go, just talk to your dealer when your car gets closer. They deal with this stuff all the time and are pretty helpfull in that regard. Two of the cars I saw today had the slimline plates screwed straight to the bumper....they looked very neat and being small, you didnt notice them hardly.

MuzzStang

2015 Black GT 'vert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 GT vert with Roush extras.
As far as personal plates go, just talk to your dealer when your car gets closer. They deal with this stuff all the time and are pretty helpfull in that regard. Two of the cars I saw today had the slimline plates screwed straight to the bumper....they looked very neat and being small, you didnt notice them hardly.
I had to fill out a "Dealer online Permission to Register" form today for my dealer, who I sent my slimline plates to a couple of weeks ago, so they can register the new car in my name with my plates. The cost of which will be in the "plus on road" costs when the contract is signed the day I collect the car next week.

GTCONVERT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT Convertible (24th June 2016)
I have asked them to screw my full size "S" plates (happen to be very close to Snake Bite's" straight on to bumpers. Looks like the best solution for my tastes.

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
Don't know about other states, but in NSW you can pre order your plates, or even put ones you already have on another car on hold at the registry, and fill out a form to authorise the dealer to pick them up so that they are fitted ( or with the car ) when you pick the car up. That way you don't have to muck around by changing paperwork details on various things, going to the RTA and so on if you take off the dealer fitted plates and fit personalised ones later on. My dealer has done this for me, and I imagine others would also, just make sure you find out what RTA branch they use so you can have them held there.

And as this is supposed to be a "spotted" thread, I saw my second Stang in the wild last night, I don't count the ones I have seen somewhere I knew they would be as being in the wild. A magnetic FB with plates MUSTGO heading up through North Richmond, anyone from here? Damn magnetic ones are everywhere:doh::lol:
Sponsored