Outrunning the cops?!

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
In my younger days, there was always an Illinois state trooper parked a mile or two from the Wisconsin state line. I'd blow past him on my bike and be in Wisconsin before he could get close. There wasn't a whole lot of traffic on old highway 41 in these days, so I have no idea why he was parked there so often... just jerking off is my guess.
Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...last summer I was riding my Street Glide down to visit my mom.
Just as I got to this intersection, a county mountie went by, going north.
I pulled out on the stretch of 5 lane hiway; US221 going south, I saw a headlight
coming toward me and it was a 'sport bike' leveled out , looked like he was well
over 100 mph. I thought I recognized the rider, especially when he threw up
his hand to wave (you know bikers).

Anyway, I thought that the guy was running from a SHP; sure enough about 1 1/2 mile
down the road I met a Trooper; leveled out well over 100 looked like.
I thought; 'why don't you radio ahead to see if another LEO is nearby'? I'm sure the
deputy would have helped.

Since I know the road, that evening coming back from moms, I turned down a side
road and rode to the nearest intersection to look for evidence.
Sure enough, there in the tall grass was the track of a motorcycle , the guy was obviously
hiding from the Trooper.
Looked to me like the biker got away.
DSC00232.JPG

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I was cruising the interstate in Illinois on my bike doing about 85 - 90. An Illinois state trooper pulled up behind me. I didn't slow down, I figured why bother, I'm busted anyway. He followed me for 8 miles then pulled out and passed me. What the Hell!

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I was cruising the interstate in Illinois on my bike doing about 85 - 90. An Illinois state trooper pulled up behind me. I didn't slow down, I figured why bother, I'm busted anyway. He followed me for 8 miles then pulled out and passed me. What the Hell!
Maybe was bored and wanted to see if you’d run lol

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
You guys are brave on motorcycles... Not because you are speeding on one from the cops, but because you are still alive today. Accidents on motorcycles these days aren't if, but when. Be safe!

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
You guys are brave on motorcycles... Not because you are speeding on one from the cops, but because you are still alive today. Accidents on motorcycles these days aren't if, but when. Be safe!
It always amazes me why people feel the need to continually remind motorcycle riders that what we do is dangerous. So is driving a car but we don’t say “be safe out there”. Just an observation, not here to start anything.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
It always amazes me why people feel the need to continually remind motorcycle riders that what we do is dangerous. So is driving a car but we don’t say “be safe out there”. Just an observation, not here to start anything.
You did start something so here's another $0.02 to add to your penny jar.

Oh.. I don't know... Maybe because you have 3500 pounds of metal surrounding you with crumple zones and airbags in a car. It doesn't take much brain power to figure out why motorcycle accidents are almost always fatal. But that's just an observation from passing a motorcyle accident and seeing someone's guts splattered all over the road.

Motorcycles are death traps. Even you, a motorcycle rider should know that. The average person today driving a car is half paying attention at best. I've met my fair share of douchebags on motorcycles, but there's the same amount that drive a car too. The point is... the accident isn't because of the motorcycle driver driving recklessly, speeding, etc. It's the guy in a car or truck not paying attention. Or the guy in a car or truck with road rage.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

Oh.. I don't know... Maybe because you have 3500 pounds of metal surrounding you with crumple zones and airbags in a car. It doesn't take much brain power to figure out why motorcycle accidents are almost always fatal. But that's just an observation from passing a motorcyle accident and seeing someone's guts splattered all over the road.

Motorcycles are death traps. Even you, a motorcycle rider should know that. The average person today driving a car is half paying attention at best. I've met my fair share of douchebags on motorcycles, but there's the same amount that drive a car too. The point is... the accident isn't because of the motorcycle driver driving recklessly, speeding, etc. It's the guy in a car or truck not paying attention. Or the guy in a car or truck with road rage.
You absolutely missed my point on this. We don’t need people constantly reminding us how dangerous it is, we know the risks. So save it and stop preaching to us cause those of us who ride really don’t care how dangerous you think it is or your desire to remind us.

GoGoGadget

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
It doesn't take much brain power to figure out why motorcycle accidents are almost always fatal. But that's just an observation from passing a motorcyle accident and seeing someone's guts splattered all over the road.

About 90,000 motorcycle accidents a year. About 5,000 of which are fatal. Your sense of “almost always fatal” is skewed when your study has a sample size of one.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i

I've had two motorcycle accidents and only one was fatal. But, I'm much better, now!

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Impacts kill
Sliding you are fine generally unless you snack a car or wall
Sponsored