Other Drivers Behavior

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your just jealous a wood grain mini van passed you when you were doing 85:)
JK I have been driving in Atl for 40 years and its getting worse for sure. Luckily I work remote and don't have to get out much,.
I lived up off Chastain Rd. My commute was 17 miles one way all but 7/10's of a mile of it was highway, hwy 5 and 75 south. Both my (ex) wife and I got off at Howell Mill road, she went to left towards Piedmont hospital and I went right towards Georgia Tech. If I left at 5:45am it took about 22 minutes. If I left at 6:05 am it was 90 minutes IF there wasn't an accident...no shit, no exaggeration.
Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Hopefully you have some documentation showing the dealer screw up with your plates just in case you do get pulled over
I have an email from the Secretary of State saying they wonā€™t issue another temp tag and that the car is entitled to be registered but the dealer needs to send them the original title first, which they havenā€™t, so I think Iā€™m good

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Your just jealous a wood grain mini van passed you when you were doing 85:)
JK I have been driving in Atl for 40 years and its getting worse for sure. Luckily I work remote and don't have to get out much,.
Iā€™ve been traveling to ATL a fair amount for work the last 18 months and itā€™s something. Weā€™ve got plenty of bad driving here in Chicago but ATL is right up there for sure.

And I think the moment someone sets foot in an Altima, poof, automatic terrible driver. No matter where you are.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Speaking of law enforcement. There's a thing about the Altima's. Talk to any repo-man about them too. Lot's of donut spares, and baby seats. Weed stinking up the interior...etc.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
At my age 79 I not into the whole racing on strett highway thing
I dont drive in fast lane antmore and someone gets too close on single lane I toggle into into 3rd and just do speed limit at most
They will pass you and you'll be safer fir it.btw in atlanta the fast lane is generally 80 even though limit is 65
If youā€™re only running 80 on most stretches of I-285 you stand a good chance of either getting a ticket for obstruction of traffic or worse yet a 9mm warning shot from another driver. Speed limit? I canā€™t even guess how fast youā€™d have to be going to draw LEO attention on 285.

Sponsored

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Iā€™ve been traveling to ATL a fair amount for work the last 18 months and itā€™s something. Weā€™ve got plenty of bad driving here in Chicago but ATL is right up there for sure.

And I think the moment someone sets foot in an Altima, poof, automatic terrible driver. No matter where you are.
A friend of mine said he doie
If youā€™re only running 80 on most stretches of I-285 you stand a good chance of either getting a ticket for obstruction of traffic or worse yet a 9mm warning shot from another driver. Speed limit? I canā€™t even guess how fast youā€™d have to be going to draw LEO attention on 285.
I posted on a Honda board about gas mileage and mentioned doing 80+ and had a few folks from up north say I am crazy for driving that fast.
Its actually worse since covid, use to be folks stayed around 80 in a 65 now it's more like 85 and 90 and not mustangs and Camaro's its trucks and SUV's

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase
I read about all these encounters on here and I guess it must have something to do with location. I rarely have someone want to "tangle" with me (only a few times over the years)...and I don't oblige. I think that it might be due to the city I live in where my car is on the lower end of the sports car hierarchy. "Oh. It's a Mustang." (insert stuffy British voice here :wink: ). Lambos, Ferraris, McLarens, Porsches etc. tend to be the high end ones tooling around.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
It seems like when their envy turns to rage.. I guess I will indeed need to get used to it. But I will grow weary of dealing with other people's desire to "well I will show him." Oh well. I'll just click the exhaust to "track mode" and enjoy my ride.
I have had this happened to me couple times now. Normally spoiled or low credit score boys in Tesla, Challenger and Camaros. Oh and lets not forget the BMW lame kids with the crap exhaust. The Mach 1 HP look is pretty awesome, it attracts a lot of attention lol. You will learn to deal with it, most people want to admire the car or give thumbs up. Then there is the loosers that hate on the beautiful ride let them be. I have learned to piss them off by pretending I want to race then never take off. Let them take off into someone else ass.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

If you are in Cali add Tesla drivers to the list. My brother has one, and the damn thing is pretty impressive it drives itself pretty good. But that being said it makes errors and it sucks being behind them when they do. Also most dont understand how to use the regen braking in one pedal driving. Makes them speed up and slow down constantly when you behind , drives me nuts. :facepalm:

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
If you are in Cali add Tesla drivers to the list. My brother has one, and the damn thing is pretty impressive it drives itself pretty good. But that being said it makes errors and it sucks being behind them when they do. Also most dont understand how to use the regen braking in one pedal driving. Makes them speed up and slow down constantly when you behind , drives me nuts. :facepalm:
I used to travel to SF/San Jose a lot for work about 10 years ago. Used to see the Google self driving/driverless cars when they were first testing that technology. Saw a few crash into dumpsters and parked cars. Iā€™m assuming the tech has come a long way in 10 years but I still donā€™t trust it and probably never will

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
kept coming up behind him, then he'd do something else stupid to run away... I'd catch him a few minutes later, he'd run off again.
Thats how you get shot. The dude wanted to get away from you. You should let him. Unless he is the asshat that passes at 90 then slows down to 50 until you catch back up.

two lane road I travel where when the car in front of me pulls over to let me pass. I am not tail gating either.
Unless you are 3 seconds or more back, you are tailgating. I move over and let people pass too.

OP
OP
MachNroll

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Handling Package
I have had this happened to me couple times now. Normally spoiled or low credit score boys in Tesla, Challenger and Camaros. Oh and lets not forget the BMW lame kids with the crap exhaust. The Mach 1 HP look is pretty awesome, it attracts a lot of attention lol. You will learn to deal with it, most people want to admire the car or give thumbs up. Then there is the loosers that hate on the beautiful ride let them be. I have learned to piss them off by pretending I want to race then never take off. Let them take off into someone else ass.
"Low credit score boys" ROFL!!! Pretty much sums it up. The HP look is def different than the non HP and while folks may not understand the difference between the two the HP seems to get attention, both good and as I'm finding out, bad too. I just didn't have the bad with my "base" M1 nor my '18 GT. Plus, I think there's just a lot of weird folks out there who didn't make choices that took them down the path to eventually owning a nice performance vehicle.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Weird, nobody messes with me.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
I donā€™t know if it is the Mach 1 stickers or the Eruption Green color, but I get none of those problems anymore with my current stang. Lots of respectful drivers around, with friendly thumbs up and all. Except for the guys/girls on their cellphones, but they donā€™t see anyone.
Sponsored