Sponsored

My car might be cursed/I hate other drivers

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
This past year has been rough on my car. Got a rock chip that cracked the windshield and chipped the hood in February. Within a month of getting that fixed, I was side swiped by a car in a parking lot while I was getting some lunch. Luckily my dash cam got their plates since they drove off.

Thanksgiving the AC evaporator and compressor shat out. While waiting on an appointment with Ford to get that fixed, my car stops being able to run and can't hold an idle. Bad fuel pump and they found a leaking water pump. They fix the AC and the system still isn't running right. Find a bad accumulator as well. Get it back last Wednesday (12/20) after a week in the shop.

Today (12/27) I get t-boned by an idiot trying to make an illegal U turn. No way could I avoid the accident. My mom and I are OK and it's just a car, but I think I'll be moving on to a sedan in the near future.

[ame]
IMG_20171227_174608_small.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Sorry dawg

Sorry for you but on the bright side..looks like can be repaired.with Just 27k on my 15 I am fortunate enough not have any service issues but could not avoid door dings or rock chips..

Bright side is your car should fetch a good trade value if you plan on trading soon or for a 2020 or 2021 model:ford:

OP
OP
scoggy_doogan

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
That sucks. That person that hit you is a freaking idiot. You had the green light in your direction, so by them doing an illegal U turn they also ran a redlight correct? I wish it was harder for people to get licenses in this country.

This has taught me I need a dash cam.
It's 2 one lane roads that create a 2 lane road, so both are green. It's a little weird, but it has a lane added sign and double white lines to let you know to stay in your lane. The lady lived near that intersection and it's a popular dining area, so she has no excuses about not knowing how it works.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You've definitely had some bad luck. Sorry man. A sedan wouldn't change that though.

OP
OP
scoggy_doogan

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
You've definitely had some bad luck. Sorry man. A sedan wouldn't change that though.
I know that, but I'll be needing more space soon for work and family. It's more a matter of when and not if.

Sponsored

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Ouch! I've had bad luck with my old Si daily. Sold it after replacing the engine due to a head gasket leak. Was in 4 accidents and none where I was at fault. Some cars have bad luck my advice is get rid of it.

Spike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spike
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Mustang Fastback2016
Man that really sucks I feel your pain! I agree there is no way you could have avoided that idiot but at least no ones hurt and the car is repairable. Hope your luck changes for the New Year !

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Glad you guys are ok and like you said its just a car. but as others said a sedan wont change the situations youre in. if you need it for changes in your life thats one thing. but when i got hit head on at 55-60 my mustang saved my life and i walked out when just bruises

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I know that, but I'll be needing more space soon for work and family. It's more a matter of when and not if.
It sounds like you were planning to get rid of the Mustang anyway.

Sponsored
OP
OP
scoggy_doogan

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
You could have avoided that one. It's a tricky junction and she was visible for ages. It's the sort of thing to expect. Your brakes and a bit of right hand steering would have seen you safe. I suspect you couldn't care less if the Mustang was hit as you have lost any love for the car.
It's not a tricky junction and I've never seen anybody even think of doing that move. If she would have stopped at any point, your suggestion would have had me hit her side with my front. I tried my best to avoid it, it didn't work. In hindsight there's a bunch of things I could have done differently that might have worked, but when thrown in the fire you make the best decision you think you can and go with it.

And I absolutely love my car, didn't mean to make it sound as if I hated it. Sure it's had problems but it's the single most fun car I've owned and I'm only looking at getting rid of it due to my needs changing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
scoggy_doogan

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
It sounds like you were planning to get rid of the Mustang anyway.
What does that matter? Still have to deal with loss of value and all the other crap because she hit me.

OP
OP
scoggy_doogan

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
What a fucky road, urban planner needs to be replaced.
They over complicated a simple new lane being added to an existing road. A stay in you lane sign could help, but I've never seen anybody try anything close to that in all my years of driving around there.

OP
OP
scoggy_doogan

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Glad you guys are ok and like you said its just a car. but as others said a sedan wont change the situations youre in. if you need it for changes in your life thats one thing. but when i got hit head on at 55-60 my mustang saved my life and i walked out when just bruises
It's just bad luck with this car. No way would a sedan have made difference and for sure the mustang is a safe car, safety is a top requirement for me when buying a car. Glad to hear your mustang kept you safe in your accident.
Sponsored