OP

Donny53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
USAA rates currently are 1.89% for 2020 and newer vehicles, probably up to 3 yrs (longer are available at higher rates) and includes a .25% discount for direct payments (scheduled). I'm also looking at Navy Federal which is 1.79% up to 3 yrs. My local credit union is over 2%.

I also am not doing the loan paperwork until I'm sure arrival of the GT is imminent. No use as rates could change between now and then, and as said above, I'm hoping for a Ford Credit 0% financing deal.
I havenā€™t found any news about Ford extending the production delays at Flat Rock so Iā€™m assuming production will start up again on 6/14. I called my dealer today and he says my car is to be built on 6/25. I ordered in mid-March. It is a GT premium, performance pack, magnaride, active exhaust and manual trans. Has anyone have any new info on when your cars are going to be built?
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I havenā€™t found any news about Ford extending the production delays at Flat Rock so Iā€™m assuming production will start up again on 6/14. I called my dealer today and he says my car is to be built on 6/25. I ordered in mid-March. It is a GT premium, performance pack, magnaride, active exhaust and manual trans. Has anyone have any new info on when your cars are going to be built?
I've not heard anything yet but I also ordered mid-March a Mach 1 with an almost identical setup as yours... the last Ford email had mine bumped back to July 26 but hopefully if yours is a month sooner mine might be too! Good luck.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
BA7A7930-8E8A-41BB-8A76-E9E294B4BB8F.png

My status recently changed to in production. This is new.

Have not gotten any new emails since May 20 saying June 28 week build date.
Iā€™m happy for you but damn, I ordered over 3 weeks earlier and still just showing ā€œorder confirmed.ā€ Friggin Ford! šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
Iā€™m happy for you but damn, I ordered over 3 weeks earlier and still just showing ā€œorder confirmed.ā€ Friggin Ford! šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”
Same here - order put in at least 4 weeks ago. Only a "confirmed." Where can I see the "confirmed date" like the pic above??

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Same here - order put in at least 4 weeks ago. Only a "confirmed." Where can I see the "confirmed date" like the pic above??
That post above is what shows up on the Ford order tracking page.

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That post above is what shows up on the Ford order tracking page.
How do you track - I thought you first had to have an order number and a VIN. I got the email from Ford saying confirmed, but that's about all it says....

whoa there

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lava GT, 72 Gran Torino, 2021 Mach 1 on order

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think this is what your wanting:
Ford Vehicle Order Tracking
Thanks. But, since all I have is a "confirm," I can't use that yet since I have no VIN (unfortunately). I apparently am not in that camp where a VIN gets spit out a week or so after an order submit. Will I eventually get an email from Ford saying here is your VIN, or do I have to squeeze that out of the dealer (who acts like it'll be 60 days before I see any action)?

AgentAlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. But, since all I have is a "confirm," I can't use that yet since I have no VIN (unfortunately). I apparently am not in that camp where a VIN gets spit out a week or so after an order submit. Will I eventually get an email from Ford saying here is your VIN, or do I have to squeeze that out of the dealer (who acts like it'll be 60 days before I see any action)?
I got an email saying that the car is scheduled for production and it provided a VIN.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
If your dealer gave you a printout of the order preview, it will show a sales code or dealer number, and an order number. Call Ford Customer Service and give them those two numbers and they can give you the VIN and add your email to the order. Barring that you have to get the VIN or those two numbers from your dealer. This is what my order looks like on the order tracking siteā€¦even though it says a VIN will be assigned when the order is scheduled for production, mine was available a week after ordering.

1623376099653.png

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your dealer gave you a printout of the order preview, it will show a sales code or dealer number, and an order number. Call Ford Customer Service and give them those two numbers and they can give you the VIN and add your email to the order. Barring that you have to get the VIN or those two numbers from your dealer. This is what my order looks like on the order tracking siteā€¦even though it says a VIN will be assigned when the order is scheduled for production, mine was available a week after ordering.

1623376099653.png
Thanks. I'll give Ford a shot. I have the sales code and order code. I instant chatted Ford the other day and they acted like they couldn't do sh*&. They said contact your dealer. I don't think the dealer has the VIN yet - either that or the sales manager is stupid or electing to be not particularly helpful.

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
I'm sure its just the trim and options thats affecting the build order. I bet they are making any cars they can with the parts they have in stock.

Mine is just a 301a 6 speed with active exhaust and nav, ordered from Zach with a roush sc.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
I just did my bi-weekly check in with my sales guy and it doesn't show an ETA date anymore on my order BUT status is now changed to "in production" so hopefully good news is on the horizon!
Sponsored