Ordered cars

ChiefTex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
1995 Mustang GT, 2006 F250 SD
Trust me, I hear ya Doug. I should've actually just bought the remaining 2020 when they still had a couple of em in stock that fit the spec that I wanted. They also had end of year clearance incentives ($7,500 off I believe), which would've been in line if not better than the deal I'm getting now. BUT, hindsight is 20/20, and back in January, I wasn't sure what my job situation was going to be like so there's no way I would've pulled the trigger then.
Agreed. 2020 Velocity blue PP1 was available near me without the 401a and I should have done it. I know the wait will be worth it but it really sucks sometimes when the weather has been beautiful.
Sponsored

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Agreed. 2020 Velocity blue PP1 was available near me without the 401a and I should have done it. I know the wait will be worth it but it really sucks sometimes when the weather has been beautiful.
Every friggin time I drive my car out I feel instant regret, so I know that feeling all too well =(

Yoyofourme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Susan
Vehicle(s)
2004 convertible, 2021 ecoboost convertible
Just got a note that my car won t be build until july....moved from June 14. Loosing hope...

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yoyofourme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Susan
Vehicle(s)
2004 convertible, 2021 ecoboost convertible
Called my dealer. He has never seen this in his 37 year career. He can t even tell me when it will get here, if ever. Tried finding one at another dealer and none to be had!!!

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Called my dealer. He has never seen this in his 37 year career. He can t even tell me when it will get here, if ever. Tried finding one at another dealer and none to be had!!!
Don't worry it'll come, just a matter of time

BLM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Convertible/ 69 Chevelle SS
As of May 13th when I received an email notifying me that my production week moved from July 12th to June 28th I have received nothing so I assume it has not changed again. Now I have a convertible ordered so don’t know if that makes a difference?

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As of May 13th when I received an email notifying me that my production week moved from July 12th to June 28th I have received nothing so I assume it has not changed again. Now I have a convertible ordered so don’t know if that makes a difference?
hmm good question....i dunno if convertible or coupe makes a diff but I guess we shall see

Sponsored

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
Just heard from my dealer...car is scheduled for a July 2nd build date...he didnt seem very optimistic...time will tell. Ordered car on April 6th. Convertible GT.

fljab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I ordered a '21 GT Premium on April 24. The VIN was assigned May 3. It's build date is scheduled for the week of June 25 - delayed due to the chip shortage and plant shutdown as I understand it. Not sure when it will get to the dealer - salesman says usually 4-5 weeks after build date but no promises with the chip shortage back log of vehicles. And no, didn't consider cancelling the order.

Not a big deal to me as I'm going to be out of town for much of July & August but of course would like it sooner. I have a big chunk of the money (3/4) sitting in an account. For the last bit that I'll finance, being later is an advantage as Ford Credit often offers 0% at the end of the yr even on Mustangs but won't know until 4th quarter FY incentives are out in early July. If not, I'll use one of my credit unions or USAA which have new car finance deals in the sub 2% range.

Mine is ordered this way:
GT Premium coupe w/6 sp manual
Race Red
GT Performance Pack
AM/FM Single CD and HD Radio
Ford Safe & Smart Pkg
Enhanced Security Pkg
Premium Floor Liners

Price OTD is $50, 300 which could change a bit in my favor as this price includes a $200 tag/title fee, but I have a tag to transfer vs a new plate. Discounts included $500 military (I'm retired USN) and $500 current rebate that includes Mustang.

Ordered from Mullinax Ford in the Orlando area. I wanted a Mach 1 but no deals, all full MSRP even if ordered, so played with the build & price on Ford.com until I got the "most for the least". Mach 1 was going to be at least $15K more as I had it configured.

They have a guy that handles their supercharger w/warranty installs. I'm toying with doing that but need to see costs, if they'll give me a discount on the parts, and if it's something I really want or need. Well, no one NEEDS that extra bit of power, or even a Mustang GT when a plain Yugo or '66 Rambler American with a 3 on the tree will get them around lol....

Last edited:

ChiefTex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
1995 Mustang GT, 2006 F250 SD
I ordered a '21 GT Premium on April 24. The VIN was assigned May 3. It's build date is scheduled for June 25 - delayed due to the chip shortage and plant shutdown as I understand it. Not sure when it will get to the dealer - salesman says usually 4-5 weeks after build date but no promises with the chip shortage back log of vehicles. And no, didn't consider cancelling the order.

Not a big deal to me as I'm going to be out of town for much of July & August but of course would like it sooner. I have a big chunk of the money (3/4) sitting in an account. For the last bit that I'll finance, being later is an advantage as Ford Credit often offers 0% at the end of the yr even on Mustangs but won't know until 4th quarter FY incentives are out in early July. If not, I'll use one of my credit unions or USAA which have new car finance deals in the sub 2% range.

Mine is ordered this way:
GT Premium coupe w/6 sp manual
Race Red
GT Performance Pack
AM/FM Single CD and HD Radio
Ford Safe & Smart Pkg
Enhanced Security Pkg
Premium Floor Liners

Price OTD is $50, 300 which could change a bit in my favor as this price includes a $200 tag/title fee, but I have a tag to transfer vs a new plate. Discounts included $500 military (I'm retired USN) and $500 current rebate that includes Mustang.

Ordered from Mullinax Ford in the Orlando area. I wanted a Mach 1 but no deals, all full MSRP even if ordered, so played with the build & price on Ford.com until I got the "most for the least". Mach 1 was going to be at least $15K more as I had it configured.

They have a guy that handles their supercharger w/warranty installs. I'm toying with doing that but need to see costs, if they'll give me a discount on the parts, and if it's something I really want or need. Well, no one NEEDS that extra bit of power, or even a Mustang GT when a plain Yugo or '66 Rambler American with a 3 on the tree will get them around lol....
As a fellow USAA member (thanks dad) what have you been seeing on rates and terms? I havent had a chance to really dive into it and I’m not pre-approving until I know the car is in transit.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Posted this in the Mach 1 forum too but sounds the same as a lot of you guys…

Signed paperwork at dealer March 19, dealer placed order with Ford March 22. Have gotten the following emails from Ford:

3/25: Your Mach 1 is scheduled to be built the week of May 31.

3/26: Scheduled for build May 3.

3/27: Scheduled for build May 24.

4/9: Scheduled for build May 17.

4/15: Scheduled for build May 24.

4/22: Scheduled for build June 21.

5/20: Scheduled for build July 5.

5/21: Scheduled for build July 19.

6/1: Scheduled for build July 12.

6/4: Scheduled for build July 26.

I am a basket case at this point.

Last edited:

fljab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
USAA rates currently are 1.89% for 2020 and newer vehicles, probably up to 3 yrs (longer are available at higher rates) and includes a .25% discount for direct payments (scheduled). I'm also looking at Navy Federal which is 1.79% up to 3 yrs. My local credit union is over 2%.

I also am not doing the loan paperwork until I'm sure arrival of the GT is imminent. No use as rates could change between now and then, and as said above, I'm hoping for a Ford Credit 0% financing deal.
Sponsored