OP

Donny53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I just did my bi-weekly check in with my sales guy and it doesn't show an ETA date anymore on my order BUT status is now changed to "in production" so hopefully good news is on the horizon!
[/QUOTE
I emailed Ford and they just told me my car is scheduled to be built on 6/24/21.
Sponsored

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
And when was your order date?

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Ahh gotcha.....mine was March 6th and up till two weeks ago it was showing an ETA for June 25th, but ETA dates have since been updated to "TBD" as it is now in production.

drgnrdr33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP, 2003 Marauder
I placed an order with Zach on Monday, 6/7. I did get a confirmation email from Ford. Now for the wait....

Sponsored

RRAD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 5.0 Coupe
Dealership said Ford needed my DL today. So maybe they're about ready to roll with production. Been trying to get an order number to track it. Order was places mid-Mar.

Edited, because I iz dum. Wow

Last edited:

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
I ordered a '21 GT Premium on April 24. The VIN was assigned May 3. It's build date is scheduled for the week of June 25 - delayed due to the chip shortage and plant shutdown as I understand it. Not sure when it will get to the dealer - salesman says usually 4-5 weeks after build date but no promises with the chip shortage back log of vehicles. And no, didn't consider cancelling the order.

Not a big deal to me as I'm going to be out of town for much of July & August but of course would like it sooner. I have a big chunk of the money (3/4) sitting in an account. For the last bit that I'll finance, being later is an advantage as Ford Credit often offers 0% at the end of the yr even on Mustangs but won't know until 4th quarter FY incentives are out in early July. If not, I'll use one of my credit unions or USAA which have new car finance deals in the sub 2% range.

Mine is ordered this way:
GT Premium coupe w/6 sp manual
Race Red
GT Performance Pack
AM/FM Single CD and HD Radio
Ford Safe & Smart Pkg
Enhanced Security Pkg
Premium Floor Liners

Price OTD is $50, 300 which could change a bit in my favor as this price includes a $200 tag/title fee, but I have a tag to transfer vs a new plate. Discounts included $500 military (I'm retired USN) and $500 current rebate that includes Mustang.

Ordered from Mullinax Ford in the Orlando area. I wanted a Mach 1 but no deals, all full MSRP even if ordered, so played with the build & price on Ford.com until I got the "most for the least". Mach 1 was going to be at least $15K more as I had it configured.

They have a guy that handles their supercharger w/warranty installs. I'm toying with doing that but need to see costs, if they'll give me a discount on the parts, and if it's something I really want or need. Well, no one NEEDS that extra bit of power, or even a Mustang GT when a plain Yugo or '66 Rambler American with a 3 on the tree will get them around lol....
I live in Bradenton area...let me know if you find out more on the supercharger install from ur dealer. Tks.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Dealership said Ford needed my DL today. So maybe they're about ready to roll with production. Been trying to get an order number to track it. Order was places mid-Mar last year.
You placed your order March 2020?

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Placed order today for 2021 Cali Special. Oxford white, 6 spd, 400A, active valve exhaust and B&O sound system..Got confirmation email from Ford. Iā€™m in no hurry.

Sponsored

Treefrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium
I havenā€™t found any news about Ford extending the production delays at Flat Rock so Iā€™m assuming production will start up again on 6/14. I called my dealer today and he says my car is to be built on 6/25. I ordered in mid-March. It is a GT premium, performance pack, magnaride, active exhaust and manual trans. Has anyone have any new info on when your cars are going to be built?

I ordered on 3/15. As far as i can tell you are correct that factories will open Monday. My car was in production when factories shut down with an ETA of 4/26. I have no updates on when i will get it.

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sierra, ā€˜21 Expedition, ā€˜22 Mach 1
I placed my order 6/8 and got the order confirmation email. GT, 301A, black accent package, VB, ceramic interior. First time Iā€™ve ordered a vehicle, question how long does it take for the order to show up on the orders and reservations page on Fordā€™s website? I have the order confirmation email.

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
I placed my order 6/8 and got the order confirmation email. GT, 301A, black accent package, VB, ceramic interior. First time Iā€™ve ordered a vehicle, question how long does it take for the order to show up on the orders and reservations page on Fordā€™s website? I have the order confirmation email.
I don't think Mustangs show up on that section, only Mach-E and Bronco reservation orders do.

When your vehicle is assigned a production week, you'll get an email from Ford with a VIN and the link to the Mustang order tracker. Vehicles are generally scheduled on thursdays and that's when my updates have been emailed out.

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sierra, ā€˜21 Expedition, ā€˜22 Mach 1
I don't think Mustangs show up on that section, only Mach-E and Bronco reservation orders do.

When your vehicle is assigned a production week, you'll get an email from Ford with a VIN and the link to the Mustang order tracker. Vehicles are generally scheduled on thursdays and that's when my updates have been emailed out.
Sweet thanks for the info! Super excited for it!

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Placed order today for 2021 Cali Special. Oxford white, 6 spd, 400A, active valve exhaust and B&O sound system..Got confirmation email from Ford. Iā€™m in no hurry.
Changed order to Velocity Blue. My 06 GT was vista blue metallicā€¦.just canā€™t get the blues out of my system šŸ˜
Sponsored