Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
lol, wait just a dang minute...

you whined and complained about how much attention the M1 brought, so much so that you had all the stickers peeled off and then sold it.

...and now bought another one of the exact same model?!?
Sponsored

19BULLITTwhipple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramzi
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019
If true about locking down the ECM - it was coming, I had said this many times in prior threads. I even posted the SSM's about it. Too many people are messing with the ECM as well as using Forscan to change As Built logic - which is causing issues at Ford Service Centers. Especially when folks modify As Built data and then sell off the car without reverting back to stock As Built data.

It was bound to happen with Manufacturers trying to lock out Customers from modifying ECM or As But data.

I'm sure some "hacks" will figure out how to unlock things soon enough - but be aware that Ford can start charging Customers labor hour rates to reprogram modified ECM's, BCM's and other various modules in order to do their jobs - even if those modules were under warranty.

You have to remember Service Techs go by a script (Ford Shop Manual) and if modules are screwed with, it hampers their jobs. They can't determine what a Customer changed or "tuned" and don't have the time to print As Built data to compare coding or figure out why according to the script (Shop Manual) when things are supposed to be "normal", the fix still isn't working.
Itā€™s sad. I bought a mustang to put a supercharger on a go fast. From Day 1 I had the mindset to modify it. If they somehow lock everything in the ecu and it is unable to be modded. They will lose so many customers and the mustang will die out because a lot of people donā€™t keep it stock. Iā€™ll just get a Tesla.

I canā€™t do Chevy because I am not a homosexual. Ported heads and a cam for only 700 whp fuck all that. Then you have to open the motor.

coyote is simple fuel and boost. done

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Damn, you're getting the one I want.
Are you having to pay an ADM?
No. Granger is 2% behind invoice and any rebates. That is why I order from Jay@Granger. He and Zack the owner are great to work with. Up front, no bull pucky ............... That's in the pasture behind the dealership. šŸ™„ :rockon: :party:

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
If true about locking down the ECM - it was coming, I had said this many times in prior threads. I even posted the SSM's about it. Too many people are messing with the ECM as well as using Forscan to change As Built logic - which is causing issues at Ford Service Centers. Especially when folks modify As Built data and then sell off the car without reverting back to stock As Built data.

It was bound to happen with Manufacturers trying to lock out Customers from modifying ECM or As But data.

I'm sure some "hacks" will figure out how to unlock things soon enough - but be aware that Ford can start charging Customers labor hour rates to reprogram modified ECM's, BCM's and other various modules in order to do their jobs - even if those modules were under warranty.

You have to remember Service Techs go by a script (Ford Shop Manual) and if modules are screwed with, it hampers their jobs. They can't determine what a Customer changed or "tuned" and don't have the time to print As Built data to compare coding or figure out why according to the script (Shop Manual) when things are supposed to be "normal", the fix still isn't working.
The ECM is not locked ! Livernois will tune the hell out of it as will Palm Beach Dyno to name two. Someone is smoking bad crack IMHO.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
lol, wait just a dang minute...

you whined and complained about how much attention the M1 brought, so much so that you had all the stickers peeled off and then sold it.

...and now bought another one of the exact same model?!?
When someone hands me a hand full of cash well over what I paid for the car, damn right I'm selling it. Did the same with the '21 Ranger XLT Super Cab. $10k more than I originally paid for it. The used car market here in TX is crazy hot.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Itā€™s sad. I bought a mustang to put a supercharger on a go fast. From Day 1 I had the mindset to modify it. If they somehow lock everything in the ecu and it is unable to be modded. They will lose so many customers and the mustang will die out because a lot of people donā€™t keep it stock. Iā€™ll just get a Tesla.

I canā€™t do Chevy because I am not a homosexual. Ported heads and a cam for only 700 whp fuck all that. Then you have to open the motor.

coyote is simple fuel and boost. done
:crackup: @ "I'm not a homosexual .........." That rocks bro ! :fistbump:

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
...or not šŸ˜‚
Family issue has caused the change. Besides which, the GT will cost $39,075. Add $8,400 for the s/c and I'm still ahead. The Mach1 would have been north of $60k. I'll take 700+ hp at the crank any day of the year in a sleeper GT vs the Mach 1 stock. I'm going to install the fender badges from the HO 4 banger ................. :rockon:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm not understanding what there is to worry about. Just order or buy a car if you've got the financial wherewithal. The longer you wait, the longer you'll wait.

The idea of a base car with a massive power adder is silly. Start with a PP1 car, with a minimum 301A, and I'd suggest Magneride and active exhaust. Then look into subtle suspension mods that settle the car down.

What you're proposing is very dangerous. The Mustang's chassis/suspension needs real help, and just slapping another 200HP is a recipe for disaster.
Lol really? I can assure you the Mustang's chassis doesn't need "real help" to go straight down the road. If we're talking about corner carving or track use then sure, but you aren't going to crash and explode without PP1 because you put a power adder on. Some of you guys act like the S550 without this long laundry list of mods is a deathtrap like a V6 SN95 with a Terminator motor swap and nothing else.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Lol really? I can assure you the Mustang's chassis doesn't need "real help" to go straight down the road. If we're talking about corner carving or track use then sure, but you aren't going to crash and explode without PP1 because you put a power adder on. Some of you guys act like the S550 without this long laundry list of mods is a deathtrap like a V6 SN95 with a Terminator motor swap and nothing else.
It may not need a bunch of help, but when you add power from stock, you need to address everything behind and under the engine. no matter the vehicle.
Sadly many either don't know this, or don't care. till something fails. or they are in a ditch because they lost control of the car from a failure, or lack of skill. Everyone thinks they are MARIO untill they are in a ditch.

Reactions: GTP

Sponsored

EP10R80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
With the '21 MY end so close, I am on the fence. Order now or, wait and deal with any price increase. Not worried about color issues. Looking at a base GT, A10. Simple stripper. Have Zack's peeps throw on a blower. :party: Silent but deadly ! What say the board ?
Buy December through March. I shipped the cheapest 10r80 5.0 base model in the country to my home in January 2020. $31,800 out the door at 6.39% (could be better). No gap or anything else from finance. I use to be a salesman and trust me it's worth the wait. Not sure if their are any rebates going on right now anyway.

Plenty of time until then to test drive Camaro, Challenger, etc.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
I could be wrong but while at dealer it sounded like anything ordered now, will be a 2022 anyways, so why wait?
If you wait till the official start of the 2022 model year, you might be waiting till deep into 2022 calendar year.
I placed my order two weeks ago. My dealer says I should get my VIN this week. Customer orders are being prioritized over dealer orders, and 2021 order banks are remaining open until October 1 according to Mustang Club of America. So, yes, I think your dealer was telling tall tales. And sorry to make it worse, but my dealer was happy to give me X-Plan (about $2,500 off MSRP) on a GT Premium 401A. I don't know if he would have been so accommodating on a Mach 1.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
It may not need a bunch of help, but when you add power from stock, you need to address everything behind and under the engine. no matter the vehicle.
Sadly many either don't know this, or don't care. till something fails. or they are in a ditch because they lost control of the car from a failure, or lack of skill. Everyone thinks they are MARIO untill they are in a ditch.
I always fancied myself more like Luigi :D

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
If you think trying to put 700 HP down to the road with the base GT's suspension, diff, tires, etc. is a good idea, please go on with your bad self and do it.

Do it, and strap a GoPro to your head while driving, so we can all see the results.

Or just wait for the OP's results.

I predict we get another "Ordering a '22 'Stang" from the OP within a few months.
Sponsored