Sponsored

Anyone else waiting to order a 2016?

r1eater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
I just called my dealer and he wasnt sure when the ordering would start. I'm not only waiting to see if Sync3 is going ot be available but that black appearnce package also sounds good to me.

rick8172

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Citadel
Only reason I would wait for 17 is a mach1, but I dont think I can wait that long.
I'll be in the market summer/fall 2016 - what are all the options? Mustang GT, GT350, and a Mach 1?

bwilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang Premium GT
Is it worth putting an order in on May 11th? When the order banks opened for the '15, the people who ordered day 1, did they receive their cars any faster than say someone who ordered the following month? I understand it is exciting, but does it help?

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Its similar to what lexus and other automakers have been using for awhile. it has apps that link to your phone so you can use the data connection on your phone to stream music from spotify, pandora and others. Also its updated via wifi at your home vs going to dealer for map and software updates. Its also faster than current MFT, from what I have read.
You understand what you described MFT already does....

If you go to Bluetooth audio in the media and turn pandora on your phone it displays the song and artist on MFT and you can control the app with the steering wheel...

Yes MFT can't be updated via WiFi but a 30 sec download to a USB stick and you can update it in your driveway
ive only had my mustang for 3 weeks but i dont see why everyone hates on MFT so much, i havent experienced any slowness/non responsiveness to it. But im sure that might change if i tried sync 3 and compare them. I would have waited for a 2016 but i wanted to get into a s550 asap lol.
People can't for their own opinion or they stubbornly used the first Gen MFT and won't give the new one a try to see how far it's come

That seems pretty unlikely.

Sync 3 is Blackberry-based, same as GM's CUE, which has been panned more loudly than even MFT.

Having 9000 miles with MFT, I have very few complaints. Once you learn what works, it's very effective. I can't call it "natural speech," not quite, but learning to wait for the prompt and to speak clearly are big parts of the success I am having with it.

Personally, I couldn't care less if it streams Pandora or anything else. I listen to FM and Sirius XM, and my iPod works great.

MFT by itself is NO reason to wait for 2016.
Exactly
It's really not about the revealed SYNC 3 vs MFT; it's about upgradeability. MFT will remain pretty static from now moving forward while SYNC 3 could potentially look completely different in 2 years, with added features. And isn't SYNC3 supposed to be compatible with Android Auto - that would be huge!
You know I've heard the same promises before.....oh right when MFT was coming out.

If anything you will be upset because Ford has been putting out a new system and giving new great features to the last Gen systems while ignoring current. Example is they have been updating basic sync cars with app link while pushing it back fir MFT. Like I said above The newest MFT pretty much has App Link on it because pandora works flawlessly in my car.

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP
UConnect has an advantage over almost everyone else though. It is extremely user friendly.
its not user friendly to my eyes at all... MFT is user friendly..

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
its not user friendly to my eyes at all... MFT is user friendly..
Not to mention Uconnect voice command is dreadful

I love this system. I've been wanting to get the four quadrant multi screen forever. I didn't want another Mustang until it had it.

I like that all important info is right there. The C7 I had to dig through menus to find things

yensid315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost PP
I personally don't care about SYNC 3 since MFT does everything I want it to (it does take a little getting used to though.

But the biggest thing really if you don't care about any new feature or option...maybe you can get the 2015 for a hair cheaper when the new model year comes out? That's always another option

Burningcoals

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 401a
I am waiting for 2016 to order. Nothing to do with Sync 3, I think MFT looks better and I like the ability to change backgrounds.

But... No one, I mean no one has a Mustang the way I want it or even remotely close in my area. I want the Recaros Red/line interior with PP, 401a and pretty much every option minus voice nav and adaptive cruise. I could even see myself in a 400a with Recaros red line interior.

No one has any mustangs with Recaros and red line interior. SO I will be ordering mine. Oh wait there is one, in CO, it has 600 miles on it.

Which leads me to a story how Ford said they would sell me a mustang at invoice, and then put a piece of paper in front of me showing 50k for the only Recaro Redline interior around, talking them down to 800 over invoice, they refused x-plan, etc.

Shook hands, went to get the car, and it was filthy, scratches everywhere, dirt inside the car. and 600 miles on the clock. I tore the paper up asked to be taken to my car, and told em I will never do business with them again. Moved on to another Ford dealer, and we have a X-Plan price and order waiting to happen as soon as 2016 are available. Cool Story bro.

Sponsored

Mikevercetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm waiting so I can have a larger down payment. Plus, I'm pretty intrigued about the California Special option.

Is the base price expected to go up with the 2016?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
If I can get a dealer to agree to an OTD price of $38000 on a GT Premium + PP + 401a + Navigation that will probably be an offer I couldn't refuse and I'd just go with the 2015. Otherwise 2016 just makes more sense.

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
If I can get a dealer to agree to an OTD price of $38000 on a GT Premium + PP + 401a + Navigation that will probably be an offer I couldn't refuse and I'd just go with the 2015. Otherwise 2016 just makes more sense.
Good luck. X-plan on that build is $39,629. Invoice will be around $39k. Maybe with invoice minus some incentives you'll get there, but it might not be a day 1 2016.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yeh $38k out the door won't happen on that setup. That's well under Xplan/invoice and they still need to charge destination, tax, registration/plates, etc. Sounds like they are going to bait and switch you.
Sponsored