You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Again Shawn, any help I can give you please give me a shout. This is just heart breaking and I can't imagine how this must feel.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
QSUD 5W20 has some fairly good high temp numbers

5-20 QS Ultimate Durability full synthetic.
If you had to starve oil at high rpm, at least you had decent oil.

Million dollar question, have you tried turning engine over w starter after it cooled?

Disconnect plugs first.

If it turns over with ease, I bet you are ok.

The suspense is killing us, the forum is going to send someone up to drop the pan and take pictures overnight.
Edit* looks like Jmeo has been nominated.

Sponsored

bbrilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP, 2010 WRX, 1971 BMW 2002
A small ray of hope for you. I was racing my BMW 2002 during an SCCA regional weekend at Sebring. The huge red oil pressure light comes on on the straight before turn 7. I checked the gauge and the needle is on zero. Killed the ignition and put the clutch in ASAP. I was sure I toasted the engine. Got it home, pulled the pan and no metal. Took a look at a couple of rod bearings and they were clean. Replaced the oil pump because the gear broke off the shaft. Buttoned it up and it is still running today. I wish you the same luck I had.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
my friend acquired an oil pump for both the GT and GT350. Outer ring of the OPG for each of them cracks rather easily with a light hammer strike. Granted, that doesn't reflect what happens in operating conditions, but he would still be partial to an aftermarket billet OPG (and C/S, and race damper) when running a S/C. Assuming those actually do hold up better. To be complete, one would have to conduct a similar, very scientific experiment on the aftermarket parts.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
probably just forced me to buy more parts...annnnd have my car occupying a buddy's lift for even longer as we learn how to install these little "necessities"

hope you are back up and running with minimal damages man:thumbsup:

BrazukaV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt PP
Damn this sucks I have a Paxton and been shifting at 7500. With stock opg. This makes me wanna buy the parts now. But damn shop quoted me 1500 for labor. Best of luck to you. I hope it's just the opg

sonofoldcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT premium manual 50th trim package
This is why I had the shop doing my turbo install do the opg and tcs too. Already spent 9k on the turbo don't need to spend 10k on new motor. No I don't have to worry at all.

Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
DAMN Shawn ='( We were supposed to enjoy the new Whipple Tune together brotha. Man i hope you can get it sorted out brotha. Keep us updated

-Rio

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Again Shawn, any help I can give you please give me a shout. This is just heart breaking and I can't imagine how this must feel.
Thanks for the support man and offer for help.

If you had to starve oil at high rpm, at least you had decent oil.

Million dollar question, have you tried turning engine over w starter after it cooled?

Disconnect plugs first.

If it turns over with ease, I bet you are ok.

The suspense is killing us, the forum is going to send someone up to drop the pan and take pictures overnight.
Edit* looks like Jmeo has been nominated.
Have not tried anything yet it's sitting on a flat bed right now, I think I'll have it dropped at home and start disassembly, I'm not sure I want to try and turn it over at this point, doesn't seem smart until I get the OPG out and oil out with possible filings.

christian

Happy Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT
Sorry to hear Roh, Hope everything comes together quickly for you. Crazy thing is I was just speaking to a very knowledgeable forum member last Friday about this. I have the Paxton kit. He was saying how spinning in first, grabbing second while spinning is super hard on the OPG's...

JohnG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Sorry to hear this. I gambled and didn't upgrade OPG/CG when I was at 620whp. I hit the rev limiter a few times while racing half mile, so I may have been lucky. Since upgrading fuel system and going to E85, I went ahead and did the OPG/CG upgrade.
Sponsored