Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
sorry to hear that. one reason i went OPG/CG first before the blower went on.

when you say wind it out, how high rpm do you go?
Maybe a couple times a month I'll row through the the gears shift at 7k. I did more short bursts in 2nd third to 5 and 6 k.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I had mine done but knew it would see >7k every time I drive it too. Good luck man.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Shawn,

Our condolences man! Always hate to hear when things like this happen man, honestly. If there is something that we can help you out with please just shoot me a PM, or reach out to VIA phone 313-561-5500

Sponsored

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
benkressler.clickfunnels.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Murdered out
Hope you get lucky and get it back on the road without having to spend the farm on it. :(

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yup I can't bleepin believe it, and I was one of the you don't need it crowd on a street car:crazy:

I took the precaution of installing the MMR/Romac race balancer as well. This is a street car with stock clutch no drag radial and never has seen the track or race. I occasionally wind it to full song from 2 to 4th, but rarely. Well yesterday I warmed it up for 5 minutes idleing went on a 5 mile drive the oil temp was at normal by then and I let it rip in first spinning to 7 k then shifted to second spun to 6-7k then shift third all traction and then 4 th at the top of forth got a chime and dash said low oil pressure look at the oil pressure gauge and it as at 0:eyebulge: I shut the car fast and have it towed to a shop awaiting a plan to move forward. Fuck...fuck...fuck:headbonk:

I don't have any did initiate answers yet, but I'm sure it's the OPG, as I was coming to a stop I could here a slight metallic noise from the engine likely the OPG gears rattinling around.

I'm wondering what and how the motor should be checked at the point? Do I need to do a total disassembly to check for warn bearing in the cams and the rods or what. Is it possible the engine didn't sustain damage and just the OPG gears and housing could b replaced?
It takes a millisecond to burn a bearing at mid to high RPMs. From what you just posted about ripping through the gears when this happened does not sound good with zero oil pressure. I can only imagine the sick feeling in your gut at this moment. Sorry this has happened. What I would do is park it and start stacking Benjamin Franklins and look for a shop/vendor that has the talent and trust to get this bad boy on the road again. Again sorry to hear.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Maybe a couple times a month I'll row through the the gears shift at 7k. I did more short bursts in 2nd third to 5 and 6 k.
ok. ive seen some people shift at like 7800 and was hoping you werent someone doing that on stock OPG! glad to hear you were very safe. sorry again that it happend to you.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Nooooooooooooooooo!

Awe shit Shawn!!! Horrible, horrible news :doh: I am heartbroken for you.

I wish you the best and if there is anything I can do please let me know

I do not mean to start any debate or make any concerns for anyone but I have been in 2 different cars in the past few months that have the MMR balancer and I can say with certainty they both seem to have an engine vibration that I do NOT feel in my car with the ATI HB. This is just a note to self kinda thing and worth looking into if I were you.

Sponsored

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Sorry to hear that! Hopefully it's not an extremely expensive endeavor for you.

But this is why my car is getting oil pump gears, crank gear, and ati damper this weekend while installing the Whipple.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
How long have you been boosted?
About 4 months.

It takes a millisecond to burn a bearing at mid to high RPMs. From what you just posted about ripping through the gears when this happened does not sound good with zero oil pressure. I can only imagine the sick feeling in your gut at this moment. Sorry this has happened. What I would do is park it and start stacking Benjamin Franklins and look for a shop/vendor that has the talent and trust to get this bad boy on the road again. Again sorry to hear.
It's what I thought as well, not sure but it sound like a total bearing rebuild on the motor if there was no other damage. I would agree without the pressure the oil wedge would imediatly fail and would have metal contact.:frusty:

Any chance you may have hit the limiter?
No I would have felt it and I was watching the tach.
Nooooooooooooooooo!

Awe shit Shawn!!! Horrible, horrible news :doh: I am heartbroken for you.

I wish you the best and if there is anything I can do please let me know

I do not mean to start any debate or make any concerns for anyone but I have been in 2 different cars in the past few months that have the MMR balancer and I can say with certainty they both seem to have an engine vibration that I do NOT feel in my car with the ATI HB. This is just a note to self kinda thing and worth looking into if I were you.
Hmmmmm...I never felt any vibration with the MMR, but thanks for the kind words and perspective.

ramirj2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium, 2003 350z, 1978 280z
^ Just finished going through that at the same time I installed my Whipple.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
^ Just finished going through that at the same time I installed my Whipple.
You broke your stock OPG and rebuilt or you just replaced the OPG with Whipple instal?

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Def. pull the pan and check the bearings, will make pulling the oil pump off easier. If the bottom end is fine, chances are the top is as well.
Sponsored