2017 EB Ragtop

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Walmart, Autogeek.net, Amazon etc. Search for "303 Tonneau Cover & Convertible Top Protection"
Boating centers and sporting goods stores carry it as well. It's used extensively for marine canvas. In fact Sunbrella, the largest boat canvas manufacturer, recommends it for their products.
I recently bought a gallon of it off Amazon. It is MUCH less expensive that way.
I found that painting it on, rather than spraying, is far less trouble and gives much better coverage.

OP
OP
Reddirocket27

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Boating centers and sporting goods stores carry it as well. It's used extensively for marine canvas. In fact Sunbrella, the largest boat canvas manufacturer, recommends it for their products.
I recently bought a gallon of it off Amazon. It is MUCH less expensive that way.
I found that painting it on, rather than spraying, is far less trouble and gives much better coverage.
I plan to paint it on as well, since spraying gets caught up in the wind too easily.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
+1 on brushing. I did my first application spraying and it was a pain to mask off everything, as you do not want to get it on paint or glass. I also wasn’t particularly impressed with the results. I found that brushing took about half of the large spray bottles I had bought, so about 16 ozs, and I was much happier with the results. I bought mine online at Costco here in Canada. At the time it was CDN$50 for the two 32 oz spray bottles. They are now selling it for CDN$99 and you get a 32 oz spray bottle and a US gallon jug.

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2013 V6 Mustang Convertible, 2020 GT Convertible CS
I know my 2013 is hydraulic, but I use mine a ton, I just got the top replaced only because of tears in the vinyl after 7 years of heavy use. Had a fluid leak as well. Filled it back up, runs like new. Hoping the elec motors are just as dependable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Reddirocket27

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
I know my 2013 is hydraulic, but I use mine a ton, I just got the top replaced only because of tears in the vinyl after 7 years of heavy use. Had a fluid leak as well. Filled it back up, runs like new. Hoping the elec motors are just as dependable.
Electric motors are usually far more dependable, no fluid to leak and much less moving parts. Who knows though!

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
i use the hell out of that top motor, down for my 10 min commute, then back up and back down again when I go home and back up when I am home. I have owned 51 convertibles, most had electric tops, the failures I have seen almost always come from hydraulic tops where the cylinder starts leaking. Electric tops are fantastic.