Sponsored

on3performance twin turbo kit

michelevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
evolution x
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...wQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNGaopbYJ4sO7txTUkibuJX6nSnl5Q
Someone thinking on going this route?
Seems pretty good for the price, and has been proved in the s197 platform, for 4100 -4500 you are receiving the kit that also include headers and downpipes, hell procharger is the cheapest boosted system at this moment and is like 5400 bucks plus 1500 in quality headers. But there is always the quality concern
Thoughts guys?
Sponsored

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
My concern its too low and Hotside are too close to transmission.

MotorJoe

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB S550 GT Auto
I don't like their turbo placement under the engine, beside the transmission. It could bring heating problems and/or cracked turbos IMO.

The Hellion septup is really nice, if there is heat build up, you can always open the hood and front grille vents.

OP
OP

michelevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
evolution x
I've seen others turbo kit using that same location (agp twin turbo kit for camaros) looks like they haven't had any issues. I'm in Arizona so no snow , almost no rain lol

Sponsored

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
That location is absolutely fine for turbos. In fact, it is ideal. The downside to this location is that they will need an oil return pump. It is about 2-3" lower than an OEM factory turbo system generally places the turbos, which is why it will need the scavenge pump. It is less weight because you have less stainless hot piping. To put them up front would take 2-3 feet of up-pipe, and 3-4 feet longer down pipe. Weight distribution of the vehicle is effected positively rather than negatively as the weight is placed low and centered.

Turbo response is improved with shorter exhaust manifolds supplying the turbines with hotter and higher velocity exhaust gases. Manifold reliability is improved as the turbochargers are not leveraged 2-3 feet away from the header flange putting all that stress on the tubing.

As for heat management concerns... This placement gives the exhaust heat a direct path out of the engine compartment. Most airflow that enters the grill through the radiator... It leaves the engine bay underneath at the back, and goes under the car. Passing these turbos on the way out, taking the heat down under the car with it. Turbochargers up in front on top have minimal direct airflow and lets not even get started on the added 6-8 feet of hot piping between manifolds, up-pipes, downpipes, wastegate tubes, recirc tubes, external gates, etc that is radiating heat all over the place.

You dont run your headers up to the top front of your engine bay and back down again for all the same exact reasons.

Can it be done and be done reliably? yes of course, like anything, "where there is a will there is a way'. Absolutely it can be done... but its just backwards to point the system above and poke at it when most other turbo systems I see on mustangs are starting out with every single disadvantage over this.

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Chad's kits have went over pretty well, we are a dealer for them. The kits do take some work, but if you want something on a budget, they aren't bad.

We are currently installing one right now, we did have to oval the header holes to make the headers bolt on and some other things.

These kits are great for the guys that know how to work on cars, and don't have a lot of coin to throw around.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
love to see BorgWarner turbo on this setup

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
Only thing I don't like is the oil pump to move the oil back to the oil pan. I had one go out once on a setup I built back in the early 2000's and it pushed oil past the seals on the turbines and looked like my car was on fire going down the road headed back to the house.

I'm sure the pump options are much better these days.

Pricing is nice too if quality of headers is good. My turbo setups I built back then could be built so cheap and made good power.

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
Chad's kits have went over pretty well, we are a dealer for them. The kits do take some work, but if you want something on a budget, they aren't bad.

We are currently installing one right now, we did have to oval the header holes to make the headers bolt on and some other things.

These kits are great for the guys that know how to work on cars, and don't have a lot of coin to throw around.
Can you Please keep us posted on how it turns out? :cheers:

Sponsored

NvDiS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Going to bump this up. Interested in thier kits. Team beefcake any updates?

NvDiS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
buller?

Nomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
you get what you pay for, especially in turbo kits.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
True but this kit still needs a few grand put into it. A lot of the work is in the tuning and then a budget kit always has some DIY fitment issues but a guy with decent shop tools and mechanics skills can get it installed. Turbo isnt for everyone, but if your racing starts at 100mph on a nice smooth stretch of pavement, its definetly for you.

NvDiS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
you have personal experience with these turbo kits and/or company? Explain your statement a bit.
Sponsored