Sponsored

on3 to 3.2 KB car

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I had planed to start a build thread last year for my two 2015 GT's that both had TT a some point and was going to call the thread "Twins with Twins.

unfortunately they are no longer quite twins since that track outing ended badly lol-FORD

I replaced the on3 with a 3.2 KB while rebuilding the long block with sleeve supports and GT350 heads
My Hellion car now has a 5.2 sleeved block/GT 350 heads (lost the alluminator that I replaced the stock block)

I thought I would share first dyno result of my former On3 car that now has a 3.2 KB on built engine.Car may also be on sale soon.

Details of: build

Engine

Block: Stock with sleeve supports, Main studs.

Crankshaft: Stock w/ MMR crank sprocket and MMR billet oil pump gears/GT 350 oil pump/composite oil pan-10 quart capacity.

Rods: Manley.

Pistons: Manley 11:1 compression.

Camshafts: Stock.

Cylinder Heads: GT 350 with MMR upgraded springs, modified rocker arms ARP studs.

Intake: KB 168 mm throttle body with mammoth intake.

Power Adder: kenne Belle 3.2,8 rib upgrade with 20 % ATI damper.3.5 and 4 inch pulley for 14-18 psi. Ford racing boost gauge.

Fuel System: JPC triple pump return system w/ Injector Dynamics ID1000s(ID1300s coming soon).Tuned by Lund with N gauge.

Exhaust: SW 1 7/8 long tube headers with cats/without. Cat back is custom with GT 500 axle back, pypes electric cutouts before mufflers, resonated H pipe (resonated X pipe is available).

Drive train
Transmission: Stock MT 82, RXT twin disc clutch, aluminum one-piece driveshaft, MGW shifter
Rear end: Stock Super 8.8 w/ stock differential, 3.31 gears, Ford Performance Racing Parts half shaft and Steeda “stop the hop “Suspension upgrades.

Suspension

Front
K-member: Stock
A-arms: Stock
Struts: Koni adjustable
Springs: BMR drag
Brakes: Stock
Wheels: Race-Dark star 17Ă—4.5-inch(street AMR 18x8)
Tires: Phoenix front-runners(street Mickey Thompson street COMP 255/45 18).

Rear Suspension
Shocks: Viking warrior
Springs: BMR drag
Control Arms: Stock
Brakes: Stock
Wheels: Race –Dark star, 17×9.5-inch(street AMR 18x10)
Tires: Hoosier slicks 305/45-17 (street Mickey Thompson ET R’s 305/45 18)

first Dyno pull with 4 inch pulley
Sponsored

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Hows the drivability? Did it improve with the kb? Nice numbers!!! What was peak boost on that run?

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That pulley combo should yield around 14.5-15psi (4" upper and 7.88" lower overdrive).

We made 906whp with the same setup at around 17.5-18psi. 3.5" upper and 7.88" lower on ours, spinning to 7700rpm.

The 3.2L is no joke.. That blower will make every bit of 1000whp at 21-22psi on E85. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Much better with the KB
Although the on3 made more peak torque I was not feeling the "rubber band" like curve
The KB gives me lower rpm onset flat torque I had missed with my 12 TVS
It does feel less nimble than it did with the on3 probably since it is now nose heavy with the KB.
I hated the sound with the on3 car and although I am not quite there with the KB/long tube header combo I am close with the the GT 500 axle back/resonated H pipe.
The Motor mount needed for the KB does add in some NVH but it's not the vibration but engine noise transmitted in to the cabin that bothers me .
I found adding the flex pipe after the headers decreased a lot of that.
It sounds best now with the cutouts before the axle back opened but way too loud .
I am going to add another resonator closer to the headers and think that will do it.
It may be too quiet then with the cutouts closed but it may make having them open tolerable .

I was seeing peak boost of 14 psi on the cars gauge with the 4 inch pulley but boost peaked at 17 on the dyno .
Lund thought the dyno may be stingy as he expected more at that boost level .it could be due to my restrictive exhaust (no cats) as it made a bit more with the cut outs open.

Since fuel/logs looked good we pulled down to the 3.5 pulley for extra 3psi but car was not happy due to spark blow out.
I am going to gap the NGK down to 0.022 and try again next week.
Driving it for now on the street it feels freaking fast with smaller pulley !
Overall car is finally coming together .
Hope to be able to make some passes soon once I get my ford racing axles and MGW installed .
Looking for high 9's if the MT 82 holds up.
I am going to try real hard not to break this engine .....
I do have plans to eventually sleeve (and bore ro 5.2) the block that came out of the car(spun rod bearing due to low oil pressure) to better maximize the GT 350 heads(the valves are shrouded by the 5.0)

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
That pulley combo should yield around 14.5-15psi (4" upper and 7.88" lower overdrive).

We made 906whp with the same setup at around 17.5-18psi. 3.5" upper and 7.88" lower on ours, spinning to 7700rpm.

The 3.2L is no joke.. That blower will make every bit of 1000whp at 21-22psi on E85. :)
Gosh damn Travis that blower kit makes me think twice about that twin turbo kit now.:frusty: Damn that's some strong as numbers for that setup using either the 3.5" or 4" pulley. Good grief man got me all thinking again.....lol. How much for a 3.2 complete kit?

OP, thanks a TON for your information man. Does the 3.2 hit instantly and pull just as hard as either of your turbo kits? I may have to reconsider my Boostworks twin turbo kit for this 3.2 now:headbang:.

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gosh damn Travis that blower kit makes me think twice about that twin turbo kit now.:frusty: Damn that's some strong as numbers for that setup using either the 3.5" or 4" pulley. Good grief man got me all thinking again.....lol. How much for a 3.2 complete kit?

OP, thanks a TON for your information man. Does the 3.2 hit instantly and pull just as hard as either of your turbo kits? I may have to reconsider my Boostworks twin turbo kit for this 3.2 now:headbang:.
The turbo cars pull hard when the boost hits and then you are doing speeds that will get you arrested in the twinkling of an eye.

The on3(sorry to mention Travis but he asked. lol) had low mounted ball bearing 62's and seemed to hit may be at lower rpm than the top mounted Hellion with 55 Journals.

I am a PD blower type of guy(nothing wrong with preferring turbo's:cheers:) and love the instant/low rpm grunt you get with the KB. It does not hit quite as hard as the my old snake bite TVS which made 800 lb/ft at 2500 rpm but fizzled out after 6500 rpm. Still makes for a very fun street car(close but not quite as much fun as my GT 350 as a street car) without needing to hit the warp speeds that you get into quickly with the turbo's.

I thought it was fun with the 4 inch pulley ......but it is just outrageous now with the 3.5 pulley.

Travis,I am not sure why I was seeing more than 14-15 psi on the dyno with the 4 inch(my gauge read 14-15)

when we assembling the 5.2 long block(also 11.0 CR pistons like in the KB 5.0) my installer thinks the dynamic compression ratio will be higher because of the way pistons matched the GT 350 heads/valves if that makes sense.

Looking at the dyno again, graphing for speed I also think he may have been in 5 th
It did make a little more with the cut outs open but the exhaust does really narrow down after the cutouts to 2.5 in some places. I am sure the resonators are also creating some restriction.
I am sure once we sort out the plugs the 3.5 pulley will make well north of 900 as it was already making 3.5 psi before spark blow out.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Solid numbers, I bet she's a blast to drive!

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Glad to see you finally got the car together man. Didn't see it, but that IS on e85 correct?

Sponsored
OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to see you finally got the car together man. Didn't see it, but that IS on e85 correct?
Thanks a again for all your help /counsel bro.
Yes,E85/JPC return system/triple pumps /ID1000.
Lund initially thought I may need to step up to the ID1300s with the 3.5 but thinks I will be fine with the 1000s up to 7500 rpm .
I probably will step up eventually .....better to overbuild and be safe .
I have learnt the hard way !

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why not three ? Lol
Auto/turbo for drag racing .
M6/supercharged for the street/drag racing
GT 350 for street/road course (not that I have ever been but hope to soon )

Have you not seen the advert "more is better"
Lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
why not four? lol
just because I love mustangs.
J/K ,I was to have traded the 12 and Magnetic with the on3 kit for the GT 350.

The on3 car broke the weekend before so just traded the 12.

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Thanks a again for all your help /counsel bro.
Yes,E85/JPC return system/triple pumps /ID1000.
Lund initially thought I may need to step up to the ID1300s with the 3.5 but thinks I will be fine with the 1000s up to 7500 rpm .
I probably will step up eventually .....better to overbuild and be safe .
I have learnt the hard way !
Let me know when ya upgrade man, i'll take your old shit :)
(Serious, shoot me a pm :D)
Sponsored