OP
OP
Obsol3te

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Disengagement at low rpm is a little shitty at times, I'll have to blip the throttle to remove it from gear. But other than that, no gripes.
The shudder it had during initial break in went away entirely, and she grabs 8k rpm just fine.
I don't know how she'll do with an actual tire yet, but i'll find out in time.
Sponsored

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
About 20 degrees over ambient is the norm while cruising, as the TB is barely open and most of the air is recirculating through the supercharger by way of the bypass valve. As soon as you roll on the throttle, it backs down close to ambient. On a hot day, it might be 5-10 degrees warmer, depending on heat soak. But, that's negligible. Timing isn't pulled until 145 degrees or so.
Yesterday it was 75 degrees out here and I'm seeing 60 degrees over ambient even when it is cooler outside. Cruising along the high way at 80 mph I saw IATs around 122 F. Dropping to 4th gear I was seeing them get down to 119. Trying to figure out why they are so dang high on 14 psi. I have Trackspec heat extractors and am running 75% water / 25% antifreeze and purple ice in the intercooler.

OP
OP
Obsol3te

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Yesterday it was 75 degrees out here and I'm seeing 60 degrees over ambient even when it is cooler outside. Cruising along the high way at 80 mph I saw IATs around 122 F. Dropping to 4th gear I was seeing them get down to 119. Trying to figure out why they are so dang high on 14 psi. I have Trackspec heat extractors and am running 75% water / 25% antifreeze and purple ice in the intercooler.
Holy hell that's high.
Is there possibly air in your system? I'm running about a 60/40 mix water/antifreeze with a bottle of water wetter in my system.
I'm seeing 13lbs with a 4" pulley at 8100rpm and my iat's are super consistent.
The last time I paid close attention to them was on the Dyno. It was a low 70° day and after each pull they'd climb about 15-20° over ambient and come back down

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Holy hell that's high.
Is there possibly air in your system? I'm running about a 60/40 mix water/antifreeze with a bottle of water wetter in my system.
I'm seeing 13lbs with a 4" pulley at 8100rpm and my iat's are super consistent.
The last time I paid close attention to them was on the Dyno. It was a low 70° day and after each pull they'd climb about 15-20° over ambient and come back down
No air in the system. Pump is running and its filled per the instructions. I'm on the 3 3/8 pulley, but even when its half throttle the IATs stay 120 to 125 at 80 MPH when its 70 degrees outside. The grille is opened up all the way on top and bottom, I have heat extractors and removed the rubber seal at the back of the hood. I've read other people say they have a 40 degree over ambient when its hot outside but I don't even see that when it is 50 degrees outside. The other night it was 50 degrees and i was seeing 119 cruising the hwy at 80.

OP
OP
Obsol3te

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Is this a stand-alone gauge? Or in dash using the kit's IAT2.

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium