Daniel5.0

Daniel5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thank you all for your inputs. Taking all into consideration and good points on all reply’s

OP
OP
Daniel5.0

Daniel5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
How do you want the powered delivered? The G2 is going to be waaayyy easier to install and there is way less maintenance involved in that system. Buuuutt the G2 is can't make much over 800 wheel and the base On3 kit can make way more then that.
Stock motor so doubt I would try to push anything over 800. I really like the thought of turbo setup on the s550. Fab isn’t a issue I have a shop and all the tools needed to do anything needed for the kit. And the possibility of upgrading turbos, blowoff and waste gates or anything else seems a lot more options and routes I could go. If I went ess I’m kinda stuck with only being able to do pulley changes and or blower upgrade to the g3 or 94 options. I don’t really plan to build the motor unless it lets go but I’m praying that won’t happen anytime soon. I’d just like to have a fun daily without having to constantly work out it. Reliability wise the ess seems more viable but I think once you could get the on3 figured out it could also be just as reliable it would obviously just take a bit more time to work out any bugs

OP
OP
Daniel5.0

Daniel5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'd do any centri kit over a ON3 single kit, regardless of street or drag.
Care to explain why you’d rather do centri over turbo. Honestly I’ve never had either. I have a uncle who’s big into turbo so I’d have help in that regard but my tuner has a Whipple car so he’s more familiar with blowers

OP
OP
Daniel5.0

Daniel5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
coyotes you can't go wrong with any kit

almost every single person, like every one of these threads will recommend whats on their car, people want to feel special and believe their choice is the perfect choic,

really comes down to budget, goals, driving style, and perhaps looks

the on3 are inexpensive for initial kits, if your installing yourself, not a bad deal, if your paying for an install, a more expensive kit, will save you install costs.. something to keep in mind

on the centri side, we love the vortech / paxton kits, best bang for the buck and a great proven setup, and the best deal for a centri, we also have procharger, whipple, roush, hellion, bl fab, etc..

we have experience installing them all and been doing power adders for over 10 years, we do more coyotes than anyone out there.
I’d be doing the install myself. I’ve got everything needed regarding that. Both are priced close within my budget really. I’d love to have a Whipple but it’s just not feasible for me currently unfortunately. I was scammed on a roush blower about a year ago and it set me back so naturally I’ve kind of been gun shy on pulling the trigger on a kit. Both kits are nice imo and I’d love to have either one of them truth be told. I’m wanting to boost my car so bad I can’t stand it but having trouble deciding on which way I should go. I’d be happy either way with either kit just wanted a few opinions of people who’ve had either or.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Daniel5.0

Daniel5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have a '17 On3 TT setup, 3.31 final ratio, and mt82 transmission. Turbos are 62/66 precision w/ ball bearings, which I think is one of the upgrade options (not sure, PO installed the kit), I can't speak to install experiences, but I do know the guy who built my car had everything professionally installed even though he does do work on his cars. That decision could've been made for many reasons, of course.

In regards to driving experience: I don't daily my car, but if I did I don't know if I'd want to go with a single turbo. My car dynos at about 900whp/860wtq on e85, with the big swell in tq coming in between 3600rpms and 4800rpms. When that power ramps up, it is straight-up violent, and I imagine a single turbo would be even more severe. It's a ton of fun, but grip is nearly impossible to find in the the first four gears (I'm on 305/30R20 Conti Extreme Contact tires, will be replacing next Spring with something stickier). I had a procharged C5Z before this Mustang, and the power delivery of the supercharger seems like it would be better for daily driving applications. That said, my car drives like stock under about 3,500rpms, which is nice.

If I had to daily my mustang, I likely would've bought something built a little bit differently. For a fun car/brag about dyno results car/take to cars and coffee car, the twin turbo setup is a ton of fun, and I enjoy trying to wrestle my car into submission whilst spinning all the way to about 120mph.
Definitely want a single kit. It’s the kit I feel like I could have the most fun with. But it would also be the most challenging out of the two. Truthfully the ess would be the better kit I feel like regarding difficulty and daily wise but the thought of a big turbo mustang just makes me giddy

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Care to explain why you’d rather do centri over turbo. Honestly I’ve never had either. I have a uncle who’s big into turbo so I’d have help in that regard but my tuner has a Whipple car so he’s more familiar with blowers
I cant speak for him, but from my perspective ease of install, streetability, maintenance/simplicity, ease of returning to stock.

To install a centri will take you probably 6 hrs ish, a turbo, probably 6 days lol

gcadorette13

PoopStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Stock motor so doubt I would try to push anything over 800. I really like the thought of turbo setup on the s550. Fab isn’t a issue I have a shop and all the tools needed to do anything needed for the kit. And the possibility of upgrading turbos, blowoff and waste gates or anything else seems a lot more options and routes I could go. If I went ess I’m kinda stuck with only being able to do pulley changes and or blower upgrade to the g3 or 94 options. I don’t really plan to build the motor unless it lets go but I’m praying that won’t happen anytime soon. I’d just like to have a fun daily without having to constantly work out it. Reliability wise the ess seems more viable but I think once you could get the on3 figured out it could also be just as reliable it would obviously just take a bit more time to work out any bugs
Sounds like it got it figured out. I personally want a single turbo stick car. I just think it would be such a blast to drive. That ESS kit is just so light. That keeps me going back and looking at it.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Any centri will max out your stock engine. Centri is simpler, cheaper in the long run and easier to install. No dealing with hot piping, vbands, leaks, oil, boost controllers and all that bs.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
You just said you not looking to push more than 800hp. Why bother going turbo for that low of a goal?

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I’d be doing the install myself. I’ve got everything needed regarding that. Both are priced close within my budget really. I’d love to have a Whipple but it’s just not feasible for me currently unfortunately. I was scammed on a roush blower about a year ago and it set me back so naturally I’ve kind of been gun shy on pulling the trigger on a kit. Both kits are nice imo and I’d love to have either one of them truth be told. I’m wanting to boost my car so bad I can’t stand it but having trouble deciding on which way I should go. I’d be happy either way with either kit just wanted a few opinions of people who’ve had either or.
weight really isn't a factor with a power adder, your going to add a few lbs not matter what, if your doing the install yourself, a supercharger will be easier,

we can do an amazing deal on the vortech / paxton setups for the guys, best bang for the buck out there if your goin centir

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
weight really isn't a factor with a power adder,
Sorry Terry. You're awesome, and your business is great, however, weight is everything. Power adder or not. :)

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
That’s a silly comment when we literally spend thousands on light weight brakes, driveshafts , k members etc .

weight really isn't a factor with a power adder, your going to add a few lbs not matter what, if your doing the install yourself, a supercharger will be easier,

we can do an amazing deal on the vortech / paxton setups for the guys, best bang for the buck out there if your goin centir

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
It’s not a silly statement you’re going to add weight when you add a Powerade or the amount of weight you add from a power outer far outweighs what you’re going to get from the results of the supercharger or turbo set up

If you’re 100% concerned with weight, then you would do nitrous and only nitrous

I had 80 or so pounds in my car but I make 1400 wheel it’s worth it lol
Sponsored