Sponsored

Oil Plug Being Difficult on '19 GT

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
Ford hasn't made a vehicle where oil doesn't leak all over the vehicle in over 40 years. My 78 econoline van had the oil filter directly over the front suspension. I spent half my time cleaning oil off of the suspension and the other half changing my oil. My ecoboost F150 did the same thing. And now this single use drain plug nonsense? There's nothing wrong with a bolt, but let's engineer something over complicated for no reason.
Sponsored

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
Idiots kept overtightening the bolt, or not tightening it enough. This plug is idiot proof.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
+1 on the drain valves, I had the style with the small valve arm, and they both had plenty of drain hose that went down almost to my drain pan...had them on two past cars, looking to get one for the '18 GT that is reliable, I don't mind the cost if they work and save a big mess which I always seem to make, and like I read in other posters comments.

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase
For those looking to purchase the Ronin, Google "Ronin Drain code". I saw a couple that popped up. The one I used was SURVEY for 15% off, I believe, but that was a few months ago.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
For those looking to purchase the Ronin, Google "Ronin Drain code". I saw a couple that popped up. The one I used was SURVEY for 15% off, I believe, but that was a few months ago.
I just bought one using the discount code.

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Ronin is the way to go, i reused my plug first time i changed it. screw that mess. i read it shoots out and had my pan a little farther back, nope not enough. i bet a easy quart of oil shot every where before i got the pan back there. Had no clue what was coming. I got the ronin and knew what to do the second change. I saw where a "respected" member of these forums talked shit about 80$ for a drain plug, (i paid 50 unopened from a guy selling it on FB i think... maybe on here i dont remember), but talked mad shit then just paid 10k for racing stripes..

OP
OP
cocopanda

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
So bro at the Goodyear. Great people. Have turned down my money because I didn't need the brakes. I trust them. And he was laughing saying that Ford was using loctite when they put them in and that first pop is a bitch. Also laughed because he saw where I used the vice grip trying to pull out before spinning it. Overall good times were had and we talked shop about his Super Bee 1320 and he's going to come out for the Cars and Coffee at the track here.

Nelson6500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Yup - SURVEY works. Just bought one for $68 shipped. Was kind of annoyed that their Paypal checkout is apparently broken, but it's on the way.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Getting ready for my first oil change at home - ramps, Ronin, oil, catch pan, and filter purchased. I haven't done this since my '74 Olds Cutlass. Wish me luck!
This is me minus the ramps. Decided that a jack, jacking rails, and jack stands would suit my uses better. Good luck!

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
You may be right, I just selected 2019 Ford Mustang 5.0 from their selection menu and it showed several options so I assumed they would work, but now looking at the pictures the part that seals the hole looks completely different than how I remember our yellow plug looking.
Idiots kept overtightening the bolt, or not tightening it enough. This plug is idiot proof.
Make something idiot proof, we make a better idiot....

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I have the ronin valve and it is the best replacement for our oil pans, no mess at all.
Yep, just did first change with the valve a few weeks ago and it was a joy. 100% sold on valves in general and more than happy with my Ronin purchase.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Get the UPR drain plug. No issues.
That's a nice looking plug. Still the same issue of oil getting everywhere though right? Also, legitimately asking here, will a metal plug fatigue the "threads" on the pan after many uses? Likely not an issue unless you're doing like 200 oil changes and also likely over a million miles on the car lol.
Sponsored