Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
What if K&N don't list 2020+ GT500s as compatible? Both the k&n hp-7037 and k&n ps-7037 list only "19 Shelby 5.2" as applicable on their website.
My suggestion, go to your local ford service and ask them these questions. They are the ones who youā€™d submit a warranty claim through so get it directly from the horseā€™s mouth.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
What if K&N don't list 2020+ GT500s as compatible? Both the k&n hp-7037 and k&n ps-7037 list only "19 Shelby 5.2" as applicable on their website.
Catalogs seldom get updated once published. I find these kinds of errors all the time.

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Right but seems like a very simple way for ford to deny warranty claims.
They can only deny a claim if the part was faulty and caused the problem. 90+% of oil changes in this country do not use Ford parts or fluids.
Do you use Motorcraft wiperblades; only the tires that came on the car; only Motorcraft fluids including the wiper juice? Of course not.
The only warranty claims that I have seen denied were caused by serious mods or tunes. Not fluids and filters.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
They can only deny a claim if the part was faulty and caused the problem. 90+% of oil changes in this country do not use Ford parts or fluids.
Do you use Motorcraft wiperblades; only the tires that came on the car; only Motorcraft fluids including the wiper juice? Of course not.
The only warranty claims that I have seen denied were caused by serious mods or tunes. Not fluids and filters.
But would you put it past them to look at a crushed Fram filter and say ā€œyou didnā€™t use the correct filter so warranty is deniedā€? I sure wouldnā€™t lol. I know, itā€™s a long shot but it seems to be a valid concern with the shortage of OEM parts.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
Im saying the K&N parts don't even list the GT500 as an applicable vehicle to use them on. Seems it would be an easy way for them to try to deny warranty if you use an aftermarket part that doesn't even list the vehicle you put it on as applicable.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The key is to always use a replacement part that meets or exceeds the OEM spec if you aren't going to use a Ford part.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The key is to always use a replacement part that meets or exceeds the OEM spec if you aren't going to use a Ford part.
The problem is there isn't any aftermarket oil filter that meets or exceeds the spec of the OEM part. I don't think anyone offers one with an metal inside that provides additional support like the OEM filter.

Sponsored

Voodoo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 GT350 & 2023 Ford Raptor
Like many of us I was in need of an oil filter for upcoming oil change(s). My gt350 was just changed, but my new gt500 has 150 miles on it and will need an oil change this spring (likely do it at about 350ish miles). Being that it won't be driven for another 3-4 months (Montana weather) I wasn't in a huge time crunch, but I always would rather have and not need.

Checking at my local dealer turned up nothing, but the gentlemen at the counter kindly offered up some other Ford dealers that showed they had some in stock. I called the first one who showed five in stock and that was a no-go. The second one I called said "yes" we have one in stock. I didn't even ask the price and said can you ship it to me, since I'm 3-4 hours away depending on road conditions. He said he could and took my info. I was happy and feeling like I just scored 2 boxes of 9mm when it was unobtainable :)

So about 5 minutes later I see I was getting a call back from the dealer, and I was like "damn, they didn't really have it" when he went to pull it off the shelf. He didn't say that, but he did say "I found another that was a special order from back in November and do you want that one too"? I couldn't say yes fast enough!

This shortage reminds me of when we have ammo shortages and the fervor it creates with the thought of not "having something", or our mind space of feeling as if we don't have "enough of something".

I know some of you are probably way ahead here and have already done this, but for people like me...... What I learned and what I would try is if you are looking for the infamous FL2087, ask your dealer to give you a few options of dealers that show them and give them a call. If you don't live in Montana, there may be options you could actually drive to pick them up :)

So, the question is should I go buy a lottery ticket??? Have a good evening!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The problem is there isn't any aftermarket oil filter that meets or exceeds the spec of the OEM part. I don't think anyone offers one with an metal inside that provides additional support like the OEM filter.
Meeting or exceeding the spec doesn't mean it has to be an identical part.

Brianharold

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2021
I ordered 4 I personally need one and will do give away here. Hoping they deliver.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I ordered 4 I personally need one and will do give away here. Hoping they deliver.
Ordered fl2087? From who? They are not in stock even at Ford .

Brianharold

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2021
Ordered fl2087? From who? They are not in stock even at Ford .
Yeah I have some guys I have been ordering from them on ig. I donā€™t want to disclose their identity here until I receive the filters.
Sponsored