Sponsored

Oil cooler failure - first hand experiences?

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang(race red) 2019 Honda CR-V VTI AWD.
Hi guys,I am in the Yass valley.(outside the A.C.T)I have a “FM” GT coupe.Looking @ getting a Harrop cooler kit installed.Who in the region installs? Cheers:):)
Sponsored

NZ GT mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt Mustang Fastback MT, Deep Impact Blue
Hi guys,I am in the Yass valley.(outside the A.C.T)I have a “FM” GT coupe.Looking @ getting a Harrop cooler kit installed.Who in the region installs? Cheers:):)
I must say I have heard that the Harrop is one of the best. When I am back up and running I will be looking at an aftermarket oil cooler.

kaiser_sosai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hi Hackney,

I'm in ACT also with a '17. I've been considering the Harrop as well. But since I have warranty until 2023 I'm in two minds about it. Also I'm guessing there will be fewer options for insurance once a car is 'modified'.
Autotech at Hume in ACT is a likely option for installation. I believe they have fitted new oil coolers on a Mustang based on a post on their Facebook page. Their Facebook page is easy to find and they seem to do mods for Mustangs pretty regularly.

I'd be interested in some thoughts on your experience if you do swap the stock one out.

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Hi Hackney,

I'm in ACT also with a '17. I've been considering the Harrop as well. But since I have warranty until 2023 I'm in two minds about it. Also I'm guessing there will be fewer options for insurance once a car is 'modified'.
Autotech at Hume in ACT is a likely option for installation. I believe they have fitted new oil coolers on a Mustang based on a post on their Facebook page. Their Facebook page is easy to find and they seem to do mods for Mustangs pretty regularly.

I'd be interested in some thoughts on your experience if you do swap the stock one out.
Thx kaiser,I have been in touch with “Advanced transmissions”,in Mitchell(had a “bypass” done on a FGMK11 Ecolpi XR6 a few years back) they have not done one as yet,but are certainly aware of the issue.He was saying they had to get in touch with Autotech in Hume for advice.He is going to get back to me today(22/7/20).Thx for your reply.Hackney.

NZ GT mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt Mustang Fastback MT, Deep Impact Blue
Hi Hackney,

How many years warranty from new is the Australian mustang warrantee? You said untill 2023.

Sponsored

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Australia is five years now.Mine ran out in May(3 years)
Some good news on repairs of known faults outside warranty. Mine ran out of warranty (3 years) in Sept last year, 10 months ago, and my air conditioning failed for the second time about 3 weeks ago.

Got the phone call yesterday to say Ford had approved the replacement again under warranty, or goodwill or what ever they want to call it. Regardless I am thankful not to be paying for it out of my own pocket.

I would prefer that my dash didn't have to come out again, but it is what it is and at least they are doing the right thing.

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Some good news on repairs of known faults outside warranty. Mine ran out of warranty (3 years) in Sept last year, 10 months ago, and my air conditioning failed for the second time about 3 weeks ago.

Got the phone call yesterday to say Ford had approved the replacement again under warranty, or goodwill or what ever they want to call it. Regardless I am thankful not to be paying for it out of my own pocket.

I would prefer that my dash didn't have to come out again, but it is what it is and at least they are doing the right thing.
Do you still get it serviced @ your local dealer?

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Yes the selling dealer. I also know they are experts at changing theses things as they have done plenty, so at least that is a bonus.
It always pays to keep it serviced @ your local.You have more chance of Ford coming to the party,when the car has a service history with them.

Sponsored

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Yes the dealer has always been very supportive.
I have a pretty good relationship with mine,have got to know the service manager really well,very knowledgeable guy.”John McGrath Ford” Belconnen A.C.T.Never had an issue with them.

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
I have a pretty good relationship with mine,have got to know the service manager really well,very knowledgeable guy.”John McGrath Ford” Belconnen A.C.T.Never had an issue with them.
Same here. Peter Warren Ford at Warwick Farm, have been really good and being a large dealership should mean they have some influence.

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Hi Hackney,

Just an update,I have mine booked in @ Autotech(Hume) they have fitted quite a few.They recommend the Harrops(they have fitted other brands) but he was saying these are the best.$1,265 + labour(around 3-4 hours)

LandDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
S550 and AMG GLA45
I'm in Aus (RHD). I was looking at the Mishimoto oil cooler. Mainly to overcome the possibility of the failure.
The Mishimoto kit is advertised as RHD and a LHD kit. As far as I can tell the only difference is the 'block off plate'.
However there are slight differences in price. However the difference doesn't quiet add up.
Does anyone know if there are other differences?
Cheers.
Good question, about to pull the trigger on one of these 2 and if its identical id rather the LHD and then add $59 for the blockoff than the extra $200 for the full RHD kit..
And also how is the 2018 model $150 cheaper than the 15-17 ? Thats a first :(
Sponsored