Sponsored

Oh the Humanity

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
where's the class-1 trailer hitch?
Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The Trek is carbon frame along with the wheels, seat post, integrated stem/bar, just not the fork.
I have not heard of anyone having one fail. In my wifeā€™s Audi it can handle 75 mph with no drama. I kept it under 65 though in the Shelby. I really did not like having to put it on the stripes. They never lost any suction though.
In that case you get the bravo and a golf clap.

I have a specialized I ride, but want the carbon frame

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
In that case you get the bravo and a golf clap.

I have a specialized I ride, but want the carbon frame
I rode Specialized full carbon Epics for the past several years. They are great bikes. Switched to Trek this year because they bought the store I ride for. No longer sell Specialized.

tangermean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Gt350, 68 Coupe
I rode Specialized full carbon Epics for the past several years. They are great bikes. Switched to Trek this year because they bought the store I ride for. No longer sell Specialized.
They bought the Bike Barn I go to off I-10 and Wirt!

Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
How often do you rotate bikes?

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How often do you rotate bikes?
Every other year. New road bike one year then MTB the next. Cannot sell the bike for a year since the team get them for such a good deal. Well, well off MSRP.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
seems to be going around. All the well-regarded independent shops in DC region are now 'Trek'-branded stores that sell one line. I think I'd have to find an REI or other large retailer to buy Specialized or Giant or anything else for that matter.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
seems to be going around. All the well-regarded independent shops in DC region are now 'Trek'-branded stores that sell one line. I think I'd have to find an REI or other large retailer to buy Specialized or Giant or anything else for that matter.
Trek is definitely on an expansion mission. The stores here were called Bike Barn. I think they had 8 in the Houston metro area. All Trek now. Same for other stores in Austin and San Antonio.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep been there done that!

bike.JPG
Iā€™ve not tried to Mount the road bike yet but the MTB wheel base is too long to mount like that. Rear wheel hits the rear wing.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
MD, too. I bought my Cannondale and my wife's Trek last year at a local bike shop that had been in town for decades. Went back this spring to find it's just a Trek store. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Bravo!

Sea Sucker has been great on the Porsche and a few other platforms..... I was expecting to see a carbon frame and forks though....
he didn't get the painted on stripes, why did you think he would have a carbon frame, lol
Sponsored