OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I’ve used the suction cups for years. Knock on wood, they have yet to fail me.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, not too keen on the cups on the stripes but the 2 suction cup one I bought has the wrong adaptors so my through axel would not work. Had to go 4 suction cup for the weekend.
Ordered the proper adaptors so paint only area moving forward.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
suction on the vinyl stripes huh? you sure you wanna do that?

looks cool though must admit...
Not for prolonged periods, no. See above. Worst case scenario, new vinyl ain't the end of the world but hopefully they are good enough quality one time won't mess them up and appears to not have.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Bravo!

Sea Sucker has been great on the Porsche and a few other platforms..... I was expecting to see a carbon frame and forks though....

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bravo!

Sea Sucker has been great on the Porsche and a few other platforms..... I was expecting to see a carbon frame and forks though....
The Trek is carbon frame along with the wheels, seat post, integrated stem/bar, just not the fork.
I have not heard of anyone having one fail. In my wife’s Audi it can handle 75 mph with no drama. I kept it under 65 though in the Shelby. I really did not like having to put it on the stripes. They never lost any suction though.

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
There are these things called pickup trucks....

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
There are these things called pickup trucks....
hey man, maybe homie spent his truck money on that sweet sweet heritage edition :D

i sold my F150 and cobra to fund the new GT so I wouldn't blame him... but if you can drop that on a car finding a beater truck prolly wouldn't be much of a problem.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
There’s a guy locally here that drives his C8 year round (yes even in the snow) and he uses a Sea Sucker for his bike and skis with no issues. Good on you for driving that beauty, hopefully you’re enjoying every minute of it!

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hey man, maybe homie spent his truck money on that sweet sweet heritage edition :D

i sold my F150 and cobra to fund the new GT so I wouldn't blame him... but if you can drop that on a car finding a beater truck prolly wouldn't be much of a problem.
Bingo. Sold the paid for truck and put that money into the GT500. I got paid $6,000 more than I paid for a 2 year old 40,000 mile truck. So I have some good equity in the MSRP deal car.
There’s a guy locally here that drives his C8 year round (yes even in the snow) and he uses a Sea Sucker for his bike and skis with no issues. Good on you for driving that beauty, hopefully you’re enjoying every minute of it!
It's my daily driver. I got it at the end of July, very end, and I now have just over 3,000 miles on the odometer. She gets driven and yes, it's always a joy to drive it.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Bingo. Sold the paid for truck and put that money into the GT500. I got paid $6,000 more than I paid for a 2 year old 40,000 mile truck. So I have some good equity in the MSRP deal car.
LOL same except i sold planet ford my F150 for what i paid em for it back in 2016 and 65K miles ago :D

Delusioned

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
This is great. I DD'ed Mustangs for over a decade when I was young and couldn't afford/justify a second car. Sometimes you just go with it and find a way to make it work.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Defo need to repaint the bike to match :sunglasses: (in housewife blue) ... :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored