Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

fabyloso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fabian
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Convertible
I just installed the 11.8 in version 2gb 32gb storage. Works better than my last setup but the menus are different from the 10 in version. Anyone know how to get rid of the metric settings to US?
IMG_20190727_194944.jpg
Can you provide a quick review on the unit? Maybe a video? Also have you been able to change the cars displayed on that dash? LOL
Sponsored

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
We would love if you guys can make a video of the new unit! Does the "mode" button still trigger high AC?

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just received the updated model from Phoenix. Px6 4+64. First impressions are very good. Buttons/knobs feel very good. Ill get some time this weekend to install.
20190725_123305.jpg
Are the dials Fan controls on the left and temp control on the right?

The little home dial is confusing. Unless that's like a mode control for menu options?

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT MT82 2017 Edge Sport

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Most of these units use a Phillips 6624 radio receiver. How is the reception and sound quality with the new PX6 unit?

Also, how does that dial on the right work? It has a little house and I think it's A/c. The videon YouTube shows "Temp".

So, does it control only Temp? Or, can it also control fan speed?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Any updates on this unit??
i think he's working on it as we speak. He mentioned this weekend.

I too, am very interested in the installation and initial impressions/review.

For the longest time, I really thought I wanted the 10.2" widescreen version. But, now I'm not so sure, since this version easily does split screen to show two different things at once. Like vehicle info, and radio, or A/C info, etc. Then, go to full screen for Nav if you want. Also, it has fast boot, which is a must for me, and all OEM functions, like Outside Air temp sensor, and Voice Activated Sync 1 with the steering wheel buttons, all appear to work as it should. At least, that's what Phoenix says....

....we will see.

Last edited:

Guzmans5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt
i think he's working on it as we speak. He mentioned this weekend.

I too, am very interested in the installation and initial impressions/review.

For the longest time, I really thought I wanted the 10.2" widescreen version. But., not I'm not so sure, since this version easily does split screen to show two different things at once. Like vehicle info, and radio, or A/C info, etc. Then, go to full screen for Nav if you want. Also, it has fast boot, which is a must for me, and all OEM functions, like Outside Air temp sensor, and Voice Activated Sync 1 with the steering wheel buttons, all appear to work as it should. At least, that's what Phoenix says....

....we will see.
Just seen a tutorial on YouTube and it looks amazing with almost instant reaction. Camera and everything worked wel but the link for the unit shows error so idk and can’t find it on the website

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Here's a stupid question. If you're using an Android Radio like the one above that retains the use of Ford voice activated Sync, then do you really need to get Android Auto?

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
any updates on the new version installed? I am super interested in the newest model with the knobs.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
any updates on the new version installed? I am super interested in the newest model with the knobs.
Wittbrij said he had to send back a part that was defective. Phoenix is replacing ASAP, so we'll see what his review is once he gets it back up and running.

Wittbrij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Ford Flex Ecoboost, 2013 Focus ST, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
Replacement is currently in-bound in customs. It was no hassle to get a replacement, just 2 weeks of shipping from China.

Home button just took you back to the main menu on the radio. I really didn't explore the radio, I just used sync for everything.
20190727_154452.jpg

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT MT82 2017 Edge Sport
Replacement is currently in-bound in customs. It was no hassle to get a replacement, just 2 weeks of shipping from China.

Home button just took you back to the main menu on the radio. I really didn't explore the radio, I just used sync for everything.
20190727_154452.jpg
Side note...Is that an Alcanterra wrap on your dash??

Wittbrij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Ford Flex Ecoboost, 2013 Focus ST, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
Side note...Is that an Alcanterra wrap on your dash??
No, I actually wrapped all the parts in leather. I tried vinyl but I was just no good at it. Center console is the leather side other parts are the "suede" side.

Sponsored