Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
what values did you change to get working modes? does these modes really work on base?
The value everyone changes in the IPC should be the same. For the ABS, it depends on your powerplant and whether you have the GT PP, see this post: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1811496&postcount=97

I'm looking to get confirmation from an EcoBoost Base owner that the same value change that works for V6 owners works for them, so we can nail that down and get it properly documented. :thumbsup:

So anybody out there with an EcoBoost Base that's doing the Tesla swap or a Sync 3 swap, I want to hear from you on whether the V6 values work! They should, because they're based on as-built for an EB Premium car.
Sponsored

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
The value everyone changes in the IPC should be the same. For the ABS, it depends on your powerplant and whether you have the GT PP, see this post: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1811496&postcount=97

I'm looking to get confirmation from an EcoBoost Base owner that the same value change that works for V6 owners works for them, so we can nail that down and get it properly documented. :thumbsup:

So anybody out there with an EcoBoost Base that's doing the Tesla swap or a Sync 3 swap, I want to hear from you on whether the V6 values work! They should, because they're based on as-built for an EB Premium car.

Thanks.

so 720-06-01 xxxx xxxx x8 and 760-02-02 xxxx 3x for base GT no PP manual (manual and auto same?)

Now just need to figure out how to not have the mode toggle on Tesla to activate max AC :)

Also, you posted the hazard toggle fix in a previous post...

BCM 726-29-02 xxxx xxx0 (premium bezel with hazard toggle)

Did anyone try that and confirm? Or does not using Mustang-Hi fix it itself?

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Wait, is the only change needed to get the Modes the as-built data change?

Don't have to change any settings in the tesla unit?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Thanks.

so 720-06-01 xxxx xxxx x8 and 760-02-02 xxxx 3x for base GT no PP manual (manual and auto same?)
For the non-GTPP cars, it seems as though auto vs. manual doesn't matter. Obviously all GTPP's are manuals, but I think it's part of Ford's discrete ABS/TCS/ASC/whatever tuning for the GTPP rather than anything to do with auto vs. manual.

Now just need to figure out how to not have the mode toggle on Tesla to activate max AC :)
These switches send CAN signals. I think the Tesla bezel is sending both the signal for the mode switch and the AC switch at the same time. Might just be something you have to live with. :shrug:

ETA: This leads me to a question: does the base bezel plug into the Tesla bezel, or into the little head unit that comes with the Tesla setup? Does the Tesla bezel plug into both the tesla head unit and the factory harness, or just one or the other?

Sponsored

BLU3 BYU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My Tesla unit finally came in today! I was previously using the Tomtop unit. Got the new Tessa unit installed and the screen does turn on. Do I not plug something up correctly? Does anyone have detailed pictures of where the connections should go? Also, the original CD player deck and the black ford box come out from behind correct?

Pablotheartist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
My Tesla unit finally came in today! I was previously using the Tomtop unit. Got the new Tessa unit installed and the screen does turn on. Do I not plug something up correctly? Does anyone have detailed pictures of where the connections should go? Also, the original CD player deck and the black ford box come out from behind correct?
yeah the CD player and black box come out, if its the second gen, make sure both connectors from the CD player are connected on the uppermost corner of the unit. There should be a whitish connector and a black one from the CD player, they both have to be connected in order to power on. You might have to cut a wrap around both connectors as it restricts the length of one of them.

BLU3 BYU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes the 2 connectors from the CD player I have plugged into the top corner of the tesla unit. Everything seems to work minus the screen turning on.

Sponsored

BLU3 BYU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ok so I've officially been messing around with this thing for well over 2 hours and still nothing. Everything works but the screen turning on. What am I missing???? Or maybe I have a defective unit?

Pablotheartist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Ok so I've officially been messing around with this thing for well over 2 hours and still nothing. Everything works but the screen turning on. What am I missing???? Or maybe I have a defective unit?
can you post a picture of the back of your unit with all your connections?

Focuztyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I think this may have finally gotten his ass into gear, thanks for that.

The bad news is that he only refunded me 560, not the 620 I paid (I'm assuming shipping) and he stuck the PayPal charges on me. This means that I'm out 160 bucks because I was shipped a broken unit, had to return ship it and got a shitty refund.

I strongly recommend any future buyers to take this into account, if your unit is broken (which they seem to have a higher than normal failure rate), you may be out even more money.

Overall, I'm glad I'm out of this, since this just doesn't seem to work well with Premiums. Sync 3 from Sync 2 MFT still is ridiculously expensive, but that may be the best option out there...

I'm glad you got something, at least, I can't get him to answer me now. It's been over a month since he received the DOA unit back to him and he still doesn't even confirm me that he's mailing me a replacement unit back to me....can anyone help me out on this, please?

BLU3 BYU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well I got mine all figured out! Ended up just being a blown fuse on the car side.... Loving the new unit so far! Alot of things to figure out with it!
Sponsored