WavnAtCha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium High Performance Package Outlaw #028
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a video of updating the unit to Jan2017. I just got done with doing the Feb2017 update. The speed does now display in MPH, but the gauge still shows KMH. That is correct, right?

Mine shipped with 5.1.1 so I don't need the Jan2017 update, correct?

Once you downloaded the update, you unzipped it and placed the contents onto a USB drive and then installed it into the USB port in the car and that is where the video starts, correct?
Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Here's a video of updating the unit to Jan2017. I just got done with doing the Feb2017 update. The speed does now display in MPH, but the gauge still shows KMH. That is correct, right?
You're right. This isn't too much of a problem. I can work on the picture that shows the gauges. I can work something out "Approximately".

Mine shipped with 5.1.1 so I don't need the Jan2017 update, correct?

Once you downloaded the update, you unzipped it and placed the contents onto a USB drive and then installed it into the USB port in the car and that is where the video starts, correct?
You should be able to skip Jan17 and just update to Feb17 to make sure. :thumbsup:

Little news: I pushed the guy that sells the headunit. We should get the method to get in recovery from 1-2 days from now! :hail: Tomorrow I'll try my custom rom as well! Custom rom will install all the new APK that I rebuilt (won't need to root and update one by one. "IF" it works properly).

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Correct,
Download the file, extract the .IMG file onto a blank USB thumb drive formatted for FAT32. Start your car, boot the unit up. Stick the thumb drive in it and click install once prompted.

Sounds like StangATX has some awesome news!

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Also the originally $620 shipped is what Patrick said he would do for one individual unit through PayPal. The seller even confirmed this which is when I negotiated down to $600 flat. If we're doing a group buy then he should do a much lower price shipped. I can post the screenshots if that helps.
There are quite a few of us who have been busting our asses to make this all happen, just to benefit others. The Original 5 units were $620, plus shipping from my house to theirs. It ended up around $650 each, and even then I personally ate some of the costs. Then I negotiated it to $620 shipped to everyone's house individually. It STILL ended up costing me out of pocket, on top of the extra unit I purchased to aid in R&D.

Personally, I'm fairly confident that I can talk to him and get the units on a 5-piece group order in the $560-$580 range, shipped direct to the customer from China. Liu wasn't aware that [MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] was discussing the group buy on my behalf until yesterday, which would likely explain why he was hesitant to offer him a lower price.

Jonahbonah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Was just trying to get the future group buyers the best price possible, because the sellers pricing doesn't make sense and I don't want you guys to get ripped off.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This machine of group ordering has been moving along nicely, and the price has been dropping steadily (albeit slowly) with each order. When people start sending messages to the guy directly, trying to get their own discounts, it gives him LESS of a reason to discount group orders, because he knows he has people willing to buy them for higher.

StangATX and I have got this handled

Phantom24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT PP

Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Patrick. Did you ever get the Phone Link thing to work? Is there an app you need on your phone first?
On your phone, go to settings, developer options (if this isn't available, let me know, I'll tell you how to enable it) then turn on USB Debugging. Start the Easyconnect (Phonelink) app on the unit, and plug your phone in with a USB cable to the head unit, and it will transfer software, and start working.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
On your phone, go to settings, developer options (if this isn't available, let me know, I'll tell you how to enable it) then turn on USB Debugging. Start the Easyconnect (Phonelink) app on the unit, and plug your phone in with a USB cable to the head unit, and it will transfer software, and start working.
I've tried all that and still end up with this error. Both usb ports are functional with a usb drive. What am I missing?

Pixel running 7.1.1
2017-03-08 18.36.54.jpg

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've tried all that and still end up with this error. Both usb ports are functional with a usb drive. What am I missing?

Pixel running 7.1.1
Okay, so you have USB Debugging enabled on the phone, and you start PhoneLink on the head unit, then immediately plug the USB cable from your phone into the front USB port, but your phone doesn't prompt you to allow/trust anything?

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Okay, so you have USB Debugging enabled on the phone, and you start PhoneLink on the head unit, then immediately plug the USB cable from your phone into the front USB port, but your phone doesn't prompt you to allow/trust anything?
Correct. All that happens on my phone is the drivemode app opens.
Sponsored