Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

Pablotheartist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
New issue could be loose connector but...
when the unit boots I only get sound out of front passenger speaker then if I shut it off and turn it back on I get front pass and driver rear speaker
Thats a loose connector. I had that exact issue. Its the single fat wire from the cd player. Once i got that connected firmly it doesnt happene anymore.

This one to be exact
IMG_1662.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
The the radio antenna wire but will check later thanks man

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Hey I tried to install google maps and set it as my navi app but its not working for me. Do I need to root this unit first?
This is the issue I had.

You have to root
Remove any updates you did to Google Maps from the play store
Rename the file "Maps.apk" under /system/apps to maps.apk.bak
Install Google Maps from the play store

This should allow Google Maps to be mapped to the navigation key.

It doesn't like to play well with the Radio or Bluetooth apps but works with audible for me.

If you need to get to the play store use the file manager and go to the "apps" directory.

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
For HVAC, I see that we are to select Mustang Lo for the non-premium mustangs. My question is will that allow the "Auto" temperature setting to work? Do the base cars come with an inside thermometer to regulate that?

Phantom24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT PP
I also have a base GT PP car with recaros and yes the auto function does work. In fact it works quite well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
This is the issue I had.

You have to root
Remove any updates you did to Google Maps from the play store
Rename the file "Maps.apk" under /system/apps to maps.apk.bak
Install Google Maps from the play store

This should allow Google Maps to be mapped to the navigation key.

It doesn't like to play well with the Radio or Bluetooth apps but works with audible for me.

If you need to get to the play store use the file manager and go to the "apps" directory.

You should NOT have to root for it to work. Mine wasn't rooted, and worked like a charm. Watch the video again, and you'll see you have to tap "Google Maps" a few times to make it select it and it will say "Okay."

Also, lesson learned. Don't ask your teenage daughter to open your packages, because a delivery from Adam & Eve may show up on the same day. That was super awkward.

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
You should NOT have to root for it to work. Mine wasn't rooted, and worked like a charm. Watch the video again, and you'll see you have to tap "Google Maps" a few times to make it select it and it will say "Okay."

Also, lesson learned. Don't ask your teenage daughter to open your packages, because a delivery from Adam & Eve may show up on the same day. That was super awkward.
Yours came different from mine and his, ours never had the option for it in the apps launcher or the navigation selector.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yours came different from mine and his, ours never had the option for it in the apps launcher or the navigation selector.
in the video, I specifically stated "You won't see this, mine is only like this because I installed Nova Launcher."

Once you go to the Play Store, install Google Maps. Open Google Maps once, let it load. Search for a destination, when it finds it, you're good. Now restart the unit. (Turn IGN off wait 5 sec, open door, then turn back on)

Click Settings, NAvi Settings, select Google Maps.

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
in the video, I specifically stated "You won't see this, mine is only like this because I installed Nova Launcher."

Once you go to the Play Store, install Google Maps. Open Google Maps once, let it load. Search for a destination, when it finds it, you're good. Now restart the unit. (Turn IGN off wait 5 sec, open door, then turn back on)

Click Settings, NAvi Settings, select Google Maps.
Correct, mine wasn't like that. Multiple reboots, multiple attempts to install google maps, uninstall, reboot and so on. No change. Until I rooted and renamed the maps.apk did I have any change.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct, mine wasn't like that. Multiple reboots, multiple attempts to install google maps, uninstall, reboot and so on. No change. Until I rooted and renamed the maps.apk did I have any change.
When you clicked "Settings" and "Nav Settings" Did Google Maps show up in the list of apps to select?

Sponsored

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
When you clicked "Settings" and "Nav Settings" Did Google Maps show up in the list of apps to select?
Nope, not at all. Just the default apps, I posted a picture a while back of how my apps launcher looked from the factory, no play store no google maps, no nothing.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Nope, not at all. Just the default apps, I posted a picture a while back of how my apps launcher looked from the factory, no play store no google maps, no nothing.
I don't remember where I saw it but... If you go to advanced setting there's an option for nav. Local nav or something like that... You need to change that option. This Friday I should get my new host and I'll make some tutorials.

Last edited:

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Website has been updated! Check on top right. There's a poll about the next group buy. I need to know how many of you guys are interested in the next group buy!

2017PPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT w/ H-Pipe & Catback
Website has been updated! Check on top right. There's a poll about the next group buy. I need to know how many of you guys are interested in the next group buy!

I am.

WavnAtCha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium High Performance Package Outlaw #028
Vehicle Showcase
The boot picture has to be 768x1024 to be used on the unit. I'm trying to find a decent picture to use, but all the good ones are landscape (1024x768) So if anyone comes across anything, or has ideas, let me know! If you get a good Portrait-oriented picture of your car and want it to be the boot screen, that's very doable.
Meet "Whoa!", my 2015 Convertible. I just received my Tesla system today and am trying to catch up on all the info so that I can begin my install.

I have all of these photos at 300dpi if needed.
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-3.jpg
Sponsored