Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
Question for Smarz

Thanks for the detailed write up. I feel like a dunce but I see you installed the LED strips. What exactly are they used for? Do they light up behind the toggles?
Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Thanks for the detailed write up. I feel like a dunce but I see you installed the LED strips. What exactly are they used for? Do they light up behind the toggles?
Smarz didn't want the switches to light up green, so he changed it to suit his liking...

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I just talked to him, they will ship Wednesday, and 3-5 days transit from there, so they should start showing up next Monday. Everyone who provided a cell number will get a text from DHL next week.

They will be hosted on the website, and applying them will be as easy as putting them on a USB drive, plugging it into the unit and installing with a few clicks. We'll do walkthroughs for them.

I have a few PNG files I'd like to replace those orange mustangs with. Also, there's another car shown if you turn off the Orange Mustang and speedo overlay.
Thanks for the update! I'll send you those orange mustang and you can compare the format of yours to see if it matches. If it does just send it over and I'll try to swap the pictures out. I hope the "Dail" fix works though lol.

wortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 16
Mapfactor, Sygic, TomTom, NavMii... It's a shame Waze doesn't work, because you can use Morgan Freeman's voice in Waze.
Does this unit allow you to install apk files? If it does you should be able to run older version of waze.
I just did a test on my Android 6.0.1 tablet and it installed and opened waze.
App file from http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/waze/

Sponsored

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
Quick question, I notice that my USB ports in the center console and under the radio both seem to charge my i touch but can't figure out if it's connecting to the radio, i went to AUX mode and says no signal. Maybe I forgot to plug something in? I was left with a couple of extra wires because couldn't find anywhere they plugged into

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt pp shadow black
I haven't had much time to play around with the system yet but has anyone figured out how to change the pic on the startup screen? This randomly started showing up on my screen instead of the mustang.
20170218_121410-600x1067.jpg

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt pp shadow black
Nevermind, figured it out after playing around with it. I had to do it through that change background screen that's in chinesse.

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
I haven't had much time to play around with the system yet but has anyone figured out how to change the pic on the startup screen? This randomly started showing up on my screen instead of the mustang.
Is your shift knob illuminated or is it just from the flash of the camera?

Sponsored
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Quick question, I notice that my USB ports in the center console and under the radio both seem to charge my i touch but can't figure out if it's connecting to the radio, i went to AUX mode and says no signal. Maybe I forgot to plug something in? I was left with a couple of extra wires because couldn't find anywhere they plugged into
The AUX is the other set of RCA cables in the back.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waze installed from the Play Store just fine. You may want to do that uodate first.

wortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 16
Awesome, thank you for checking

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Everybody please empty your cache from your web browser and check http://stangatx.tk/ (I won't post the credential publicly. However just send me a PM and I'll give you the ID's).
Sponsored