Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Somebody didn't watch the video... ;)

Yes, it's the same as the old one when opened.
Haha, and I just deleted my comment, cause I had a moment from work to watch the video. Thanks for the FAST reply, lol.
Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Man......I REALLY need to get this installed.:(

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
We don't have any kind of schematic on it. Are you trying to find one in particular for your situation, or just trying to sort them all out? I don't have any auxiliary A/V components I can connect to them for testing, heck, I haven't even gotten around to fixing my own microphone.
I put Google Translate to work on the labels of the 14-pin video cable (what I could decipher is up on the wiki). Perhaps there's something you need to connect those thinner loose cables to, as they seem to be indicating "power supply" according to the translation? I wouldn't know where to begin figuring that out, but there are tons of people here who have way more knowledge about the inner workings of the car's connections.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
I need this in my life right now! So everything still works just like before but the WiFi and the BT? How did you disable the weather display on it?
The WiFi isn't working, BT still works the same. The weather display just never showed up.

Sponsored

Jknapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO v6 Mustang
The WiFi isn't working, BT still works the same. The weather display just never showed up.

I'll admit I'm not up to date on this thread, are you saying the new theme (the one with the large speedo) doesn't have working WIFI?:brokenheart:

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
For people running GPS, pandora, spotify etc... I am assuming you are tethering hotspot from your mobile device? How annoying is it to connect every time? I am hoping once you join the wifi from your mobile hotspot tether, everytime you turn the car on it will auto connect to it?

Does the unit use the factory microphone for bluetooth calls, or is the mic used on the actual unit somewhere in the front? I don't see an external mic included.

I know the USB ports won't work as media, but are the USB ports still active so you can charge devices? (talking about the 1 port in center console, and the 1 port under push to start button).

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll admit I'm not up to date on this thread, are you saying the new theme (the one with the large speedo) doesn't have working WIFI?:brokenheart:
I'm saying the latest file I got from China, was supposed to be an image with recovery built in, but it's not. it's a new theme, but somehow in the process, it disabled the Wireless on my unit. Your mileage may vary. If anyone wants to try it, I'll send you the link for it to update your unit, it could just be a fluke with mine. It didn't remove any apps or anything, just Kingroot, and won't let me enable WiFi (which I don't need right now) but China is aware of it, and they're working on it. I'm going to swap my host out later today and see if it does it to that unit too.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For people running GPS, pandora, spotify etc... I am assuming you are tethering hotspot from your mobile device? How annoying is it to connect every time? I am hoping once you join the wifi from your mobile hotspot tether, everytime you turn the car on it will auto connect to it?

Does the unit use the factory microphone for bluetooth calls, or is the mic used on the actual unit somewhere in the front? I don't see an external mic included.

I know the USB ports won't work as media, but are the USB ports still active so you can charge devices? (talking about the 1 port in center console, and the 1 port under push to start button).
It is constantly scanning, and will automatically reconnect to any WiFi connections as soon as they're turned on. I turn my hotspot on when I get in my car, and it always connects automatically.

It has a mic built in to the unit, between the two buttons on the upper left hand side. So far, I'm the only one with MIC issues, others have reported good call quality.

The USB ports DO work as media, and they will charge devices, albeit slowly.

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt pp shadow black
I'm saying the latest file I got from China, was supposed to be an image with recovery built in, but it's not. it's a new theme, but somehow in the process, it disabled the Wireless on my unit. Your mileage may vary. If anyone wants to try it, I'll send you the link for it to update your unit, it could just be a fluke with mine. It didn't remove any apps or anything, just Kingroot, and won't let me enable WiFi (which I don't need right now) but China is aware of it, and they're working on it. I'm going to swap my host out later today and see if it does it to that unit too.
I'm willing to try the update image to see if my wifi works or not. Worst case, if wifi doesn't work and it drives me crazy, I can just try to reinstall the Feb update.

I saw in your other post you have poor call quality. My unit has poor call quality too.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm willing to try the update image to see if my wifi works or not. Worst case, if wifi doesn't work and it drives me crazy, I can just try to reinstall the Feb update.

I saw in your other post you have poor call quality. My unit has poor call quality too.
Is it overall poor quality? My only issue is the people on the other end say I sound like I'm a mile away, even when I've got my face at the microphone. I tested it with a sound recorder, and confirmed. I have a spare MIC I need to solder in, if that doesn't work, it's likely the small sound board.

I'll PM you the link to the IMG file.

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt pp shadow black
Is it overall poor quality? My only issue is the people on the other end say I sound like I'm a mile away, even when I've got my face at the microphone. I tested it with a sound recorder, and confirmed. I have a spare MIC I need to solder in, if that doesn't work, it's likely the small sound board.

I'll PM you the link to the IMG file.
No, I can hear fine on my end, but just like yours, everyone I talk to on the other end says I sound like I'm a mile away. So I have to talk really loud into the radio and my kid looks at me like I'm crazy lol

Cool, I'll report back what happens when I update the radio.