Sponsored

Official Resonator Delete Thread

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
The H listed is from Long Tube Headers (LTH), and I'd love to hear some sound from it.

The 3" resonator, is what I installed (from Lethal directly).

I've had both the H and X on my 2016 GT Premium. The way they sounded to me:

H: more muscle car
X: more track car

I haven't tried the H on my GT350 because the X sounds perfect.

My 2004 Cobra was an X from Bassani and that car sounded like Satan laughing every time I downshifted... not too far from the GT350.
Okay thank you, that makes sense now, I kept thinking LTH stood for Lethal Performance.

Interesting, I wish I could hear them in person before I make a final decision, youtube exhaust videos don't really do anything. The stock GT350 exhaust sounds way meaner in person than it does in videos, I was surprised when I was able to drive it for the first time. I didn't know it pops and crackles stock

The good thing about the resonators is that you can just try them both out or go back to OEM if you don't like them. I feel like I will go with the LTH since it intimates the GT350R

How much was it for the installation?
Sponsored

cdh027

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2018 z06
I don't think the LTH piece is considered an H-pipe.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think the LTH piece is considered an H-pipe.
You are right its an xpipe, man I get so confused with these resonators. I just know to go with the LTH because it sounds like the GT350R

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
201 GT350 - Lead Foot Grey with Black stripes.
Okay thank you, that makes sense now, I kept thinking LTH stood for Lethal Performance.

Interesting, I wish I could hear them in person before I make a final decision, youtube exhaust videos don't really do anything. The stock GT350 exhaust sounds way meaner in person than it does in videos, I was surprised when I was able to drive it for the first time. I didn't know it pops and crackles stock

The good thing about the resonators is that you can just try them both out or go back to OEM if you don't like them. I feel like I will go with the LTH since it intimates the GT350R

How much was it for the installation?
Yeah its confusing because when you say LTH I think Lethal too and then when you say Long Tube Headers I think... well long tube headers... not a company.

While you have snaps/cracks/pops stock, they are way more noticeable and audible with the resonator removed.

I pay 90 bucks an hour for labor and it took 1/2 an hour to do.

matmar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
matthew
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I just installed the LTH resonator delete. Hope these videos help somebody.

The sound is slightly louder with more of a ‘bite’.

stock:
LTH installed:

Sponsored

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I just installed the LTH resonator delete. Hope these videos help somebody.

The sound is slightly louder with more of a ‘bite’.

stock:
LTH installed:
Nice.

Same setup.

IainD90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R #KR666, 2023 Bronco Sasquatch
I did it last week, had a shop cut out the resonators and weld straight pipe replacements.. It sounds so good. With the valves closed, it's hardly louder at all - especially when the car is warmed up. Cold starts with the valves shut I will say - it is a good bit louder here..

What I would love for somebody to explain to me though - why would you spend $1000+ on a Borla X Pipe for example, other than to preserve the factory exhaust?

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I did it last week, had a shop cut out the resonators and weld straight pipe replacements.. It sounds so good. With the valves closed, it's hardly louder at all - especially when the car is warmed up. Cold starts with the valves shut I will say - it is a good bit louder here..

What I would love for somebody to explain to me though - why would you spend $1000+ on a Borla X Pipe for example, other than to preserve the factory exhaust?
Its much the same as say the Corsa resonator delete, or any of the resonator deletes priced over 350 bucks.

Its silly.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Here ya go .......... The patient survived the operation. :clap: Sound is sooooo much better in sport mode. Whisper quiet in 6th at 85mph. Slight rumble in 5th and of course, the cacophony of sound increases as one reduces gears. This is so wicked. The blurble, snap and, pop is pure gold to any hotrodder. I installed the Lethal Performance branded X-pipe. The top of the picture is the inlet end of the OE X pipe and dual resonators. Next to it is the OE heat shield. Notice the X is cast ! My tuner is like wtf was Ford thinking .............. :cwl:

IMG_20200821_123944.jpg

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
Here ya go .......... The patient survived the operation. :clap: Sound is sooooo much better in sport mode. Whisper quiet in 6th at 85mph. Slight rumble in 5th and of course, the cacophony of sound increases as one reduces gears. This is so wicked. The blurble, snap and, pop is pure gold to any hotrodder. I installed the Lethal Performance branded X-pipe. The top of the picture is the inlet end of the OE X pipe and dual resonators. Next to it is the OE heat shield. Notice the X is cast ! My tuner is like wtf was Ford thinking .............. :cwl:

IMG_20200821_123944.jpg
I dont know why so many people are against the cast X pipe. If you look inside you see it is perfectly smooth and has precise angles to do a full cross over. This increases scavenging and is correctly designed. Ive heard others say it is "restrictive" but then why do they use it on the GT500 with 760hp? Just an observation.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I cannot answer that.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
In retrospect, had I known what the OE exhaust looked like before hand, I could have saved some money by simply eliminating the resonators. A little too late now. :explode:

samir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samir
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Read this while thread looking answers. I like the idea of a muscle car deep tone, so I was leaning towards the 3" options (Shiftech, MBRP, & Lethal Performance). But then again don't wanna lose the awesome sound of the FPC/race car tone. So I'm leaning towards just having a muffler shop put a 2.75" pipe in place of the resonators (I heard a 2.5" and it was bad, so tinny) or going with the LTH resonator delete. Any recommendations on one over the other?

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Read this while thread looking answers. I like the idea of a muscle car deep tone, so I was leaning towards the 3" options (Shiftech, MBRP, & Lethal Performance). But then again don't wanna lose the awesome sound of the FPC/race car tone. So I'm leaning towards just having a muffler shop put a 2.75" pipe in place of the resonators (I heard a 2.5" and it was bad, so tinny) or going with the LTH resonator delete. Any recommendations on one over the other?
Lethal Performance X Pipe was my pick.
Quality of steel varies on each manufacturer so take that into consideration also.
Good luck!

Last edited:

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So based off of the responses, if you want more muscle car like sound, then go with an H pipe, not an X pipe.

The LTH will retain OEM and make it sound like the GT350R, I believe doing a 2.75 pipe will make it sound similar since they both are 2.75" the Lethal Performance one will make it a little deeper but still retains the FPC race care tone so thats maybe what you want.

I would say go with the Lethal Performance, since its inexpensive and you can revert back to OEM if you want. Last time I checked Shiftech costs alot and I believe requires some welding, so you can't revert it if you wanted to do so. If you do like the Lethal Performance you can just go for an H pipe one instead.

Im going with the LTH because I like the OEM sound, and want it to sound like the GT350R :)
Sponsored