LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
My X came in today also.
Question though why is your package so small and skinny? An H pipe couldn't possibly fit in there. Right?
I am thinking the same thing lol. Guess I'll find out when I get home. But the tracking number for the H pipe says it was delivered.

Hopefully I don't regret going with the H. But if it gives it that lower burble sound, I think I'll be happy.
Sponsored

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Yep - you guys are right my box the same size.
Just was expecting bigger, lol.
Now Cory hurry and get that H on and post the sound clips . Got to know if I'm keeping my X or not.......lol
20190222_145029.jpg
20190222_145746.jpg

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
Yep - you guys are right my box the same size.
Just was expecting bigger, lol.
Now Cory hurry and get that H on and post the sound clips . Got to know if I'm keeping my X or not.......lol
20190222_145029.jpg
20190222_145746.jpg
I just ordered a shifteck H pipe Friday . Now I’m thinking should I have ordered the X pipe instead ? I’ve seen lotsa YouTube videos where guys just went to muffler shops and just had straight pipes welded on , so an H pipe can’t be too bad right? The shifteck H pipe on the audio clip they provide on their website sounds awesome!

Last edited:

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
I ordered a Shifteck H pipe and will receive later this week. Everyone goes with the X and I don't want my GT350 sounding like everyone else's. Plus I am interested in the lower tone burble and not the raspyness. I'll post some sound clips when it's done.
Cool , I ordered shifteck s H pipe too this past Friday . I was on the fence about The X pipe vs. the H pipe, but saw on YouTube lots of guys having muffler shops install plain old straight pipes from the shops so I figured H pipe sound has to be better than straight pipes from a muffler shop. Post some clips please . Mine will arrive prolly Tuesday and I’ll get it installed over the weekend . The shifteck audio clip of the H pipe sounds awesome ! I can’t imagine the H pipe totally taking away the flat plane crank sound .

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Cool , I ordered shifteck s H pipe too this past Friday . I was on the fence about The X pipe vs. the H pipe, but saw on YouTube lots of guys having muffler shops install plain old straight pipes from the shops so I figured H pipe sound has to be better than straight pipes from a muffler shop. Post some clips please . Mine will arrive prolly Tuesday and I’ll get it installed over the weekend . The shifteck audio clip of the H pipe sounds awesome ! I can’t imagine the H pipe totally taking away the flat plane crank sound .
I think the H and X wont sound much different so you will be good. However, I dont think that anyone is just welding in straight pipes with now x crossover. The exhaust shops leave the stock X in place and weld straight pipe into the section from which the resonators were removed. From your wording were you assuming they they were just running straight pipes back with now X at all?

Sponsored

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
I think the H and X wont sound much different so you will be good. However, I dont think that anyone is just welding in straight pipes with now x crossover. The exhaust shops leave the stock X in place and weld straight pipe into the section from which the resonators were removed. From your wording were you assuming they they were just running straight pipes back with now X at all?
Sorry, from
The YouTube videos I meant straight pipes replaced the resonators ...is that right ? I’d like to put midpipes on too but I’m afraid of any possible warranty issues at the dealership in case I have any problems in the future .

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350

Sponsored

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Byrd Meadowlark?
Na it's actually an inexpensive buck spitfire. I keep it on top of the fridge for envelopes and packages.
I am a knife nut though and have about 8 spyderco's.
My edc currently is a protech switchblade ,lol

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
It must be close...I'm getting a hard on

https://shifteck.myshopify.com/coll...oducts/shifteck-resonator-delete-h-pipe-gt350

Darcy is in the shop getting film and ceramic. I tried to get the H installed yesterday (Sat) but all the shops closed early. Will have to try again on wed or Thurs.
I’m hoping to get my H pipe Tuesday and installed same day . If not Friday
Awesome, can't wait to you guys get the H on.
I will then know if I'll be exchanging the X or not.
Hurry up will ya's ......lol lol

The shelby still in the garage during the shit winter so I have a little time yet.....

But seriously hurry up. ...lol

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
Awesome, can't wait to you guys get the H on.
I will then know if I'll be exchanging the X or not.
Hurry up will ya's ......lol lol

The shelby still in the garage during the shit winter so I have a little time yet.....

But seriously hurry up. ...lol
I will do my best. lol

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Came out looking almost OEM.
IMG_20190223_231411.jpg