Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
According to their data on the installation sheet:

Stock - 729 cfm
Shifteck with neckdown - 747 cfm
Shifteck w/o neckdown - 882 cfm
Got you - seems like a significant difference - however will never notice.
Ill see what my guy thinks once we get her in the air.
Thank you
Sponsored

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Forgot to add, they claim you will hear a difference between the two options.
Ooooo really - now that is concerning. Thanks for adding this.
Although I follow this chick on you tube called women driven (sure many of you guys know of)....anyways she installed the x the way it came and made spectacular video/recording of the shifteck afterwards and her car sounds amazing. It's the sound I want . It's probably why some video of the shifteck sounds raspier then others. Sure some of it is recording issues, however love how hers sounds. So again I'm glad you told me this. Thank you.

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
I ordered a Shifteck H pipe and will receive later this week. Everyone goes with the X and I don't want my GT350 sounding like everyone else's. Plus I am interested in the lower tone burble and not the raspyness. I'll post some sound clips when it's done.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a Shifteck H pipe and will receive later this week. Everyone goes with the X and I don't want my GT350 sounding like everyone else's. Plus I am interested in the lower tone burble and not the raspyness. I'll post some sound clips when it's done.
Oh please do - very interested in what it will sound like.
I wanted the H but was to chicken to try it. Now you got me thinking I should of as I'm not a fan of rasp either.

Sponsored

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Will do!! I've heard mixed reviews of the H. The clip on Shiftecks website sounds pretty good to me.

Scroll to bottom of page - https://shifteck.myshopify.com/products/shifteck-resonator-delete-h-pipe-gt350
Yea I heard that on there page already but thank you. That one recording wasn't enough for me to pull the trigger however.
I did call Ryan over at Shifteck once you posted because you had me second guessing myself , lol.
He told me that if I change my mind after thinking about it and hearing other video they would gladly exchange it for the H and all I would have to do is pay the return shipping of roughly 20 bucks. That is as long as I didn't install it.
He also told me that he much prefers the X as it keeps that already exotic sounding note of the flat plane and intensifies it. He said despite some bad recordings on the net that it really isn't raspy at all with the X. Also he stated that the best sound with it is keeping the neck down portion the way it is and not cutting it off like so many do. By doing this and keeping that portion he says you will have even less of the rasp that some people associate with there X.
The H he stated gives more of that classic mustang Burrble and really does change the note and uniqueness of the flat plane. He says it's not a bad sound and that another guy in his shop prefers it but it's all subjective.
If you listen to good recordings like womendriven on you tube you will hear how great her car sounds. She left the neck down portion and did extensive HD recordings of the X and it sounds amazing with no rasp that I can hear.

With that said I respect that you want yours to sound different and can not wait to hear your recordings. Please do post soon as possible and great luck with it , hope it's a home run.
Then I will definitely be switching if it is..........

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
Yea I heard that on there page already but thank you. That one recording wasn't enough for me to pull the trigger however.
I did call Ryan over at Shifteck once you posted because you had me second guessing myself , lol.
He told me that if I change my mind after thinking about it and hearing other video they would gladly exchange it for the H and all I would have to do is pay the return shipping of roughly 20 bucks. That is as long as I didn't install it.
He also told me that he much prefers the X as it keeps that already exotic sounding note of the flat plane and intensifies it. He said despite some bad recordings on the net that it really isn't raspy at all with the X. Also he stated that the best sound with it is keeping the neck down portion the way it is and not cutting it off like so many do. By doing this and keeping that portion he says you will have even less of the rasp that some people associate with there X.
The H he stated gives more of that classic mustang Burrble and really does change the note and uniqueness of the flat plane. He says it's not a bad sound and that another guy in his shop prefers it but it's all subjective.
If you listen to good recordings like womendriven on you tube you will hear how great her car sounds. She left the neck down portion and did extensive HD recordings of the X and it sounds amazing with no rasp that I can hear.

With that said I respect that you want yours to sound different and can not wait to hear your recordings. Please do post soon as possible and great luck with it , hope it's a home run.
Then I will definitely be switching if it is..........
I’m looking for an external mic for my GoPro. Will have to call Shifteck before I get the H installed regarding the neck portion. Hopefully the H retains that flat plane crank sound and doesn’t kill it. I know there is a reason why people stick with the X. We shall see soon enough.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I’m looking for an external mic for my GoPro. Will have to call Shifteck before I get the H installed regarding the neck portion. Hopefully the H retains that flat plane crank sound and doesn’t kill it. I know there is a reason why people stick with the X. We shall see soon enough.
Just so you know man and not trying to put you off the H but Ryan over at shifteck clearly told me in takes the uniqueness out of the flat plane and makes it sound more like a normal mustang with the classic burrble.
With that said I'm sure it still will sound different somewhat being it is the flat plane crank.

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
Just so you know man and not trying to put you off the H but Ryan over at shifteck clearly told me in takes the uniqueness out of the flat plane and makes it sound more like a normal mustang with the classic burrble.
With that said I'm sure it still will sound different somewhat being it is the flat plane crank.
I think a lot of the x pipe origins is due to Ferrari demanding that Ford change the sound of their original exhaust of the voodoo because it sounded too much like a Ferrari and the X pipe was born. Perhaps it was the best sounding between x and the h or the preferred sound determined by customer surveys. I'll have to dig into that to fully understand but that's my understanding at this point. Either one will still get the job done.....and that is to wake the neighbors in the early hours of the morning. :)

Sponsored

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Got mine done at a local exhaust shop. 2.5" 304 Stainless Pipe replaced the resonators for $150. Found the type of bands Ford used to secure the heat shield on Amazon for $10/100pk. To describe the sound in one word: Mental. Before I bought a GT350 I knew I had to do a resonator delete. But once I got mine I was on the fence. It sounded really good stock. What forced my hand was at times the resonators did a really good job at quieting the exhaust. As well as I love me a good loud exotic exhaust. The GT350 resonator delete/GT350R exhaust is pure insanity. I thought the stock exhaust snap, crackle and pops were decently loud and plenty...Well your neighbors are in for a rude awakening. The car sounds like it belongs on a race track. How Ford received DOT certification on the GT350R exhaust is beyond me. If you love you a proper sounding race car that can be tamed by the flick of a switch, do it.

7s1n5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT350
I loved the sound of the stock exhaust, but after reading through this thread and watching some before/after videos I pulled the trigger and had a local muffler shop perform the resonator delete. At $180 it was a little higher than I expected, but I didn't have time to shop around to see if I could get a better deal, and the shop came highly recommended. I was in and out in 45 minutes, and my only regret is that I didn't do it a long time ago.