Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Is the 1 day course worth it? If never going to track my car, Im a spirited street driver.

Thanks guys.
I didn't attend and regret it, I would just to get the experience, learning how to get the most out of your car is something you should not pass up, I don't care what anyone says, you will never get that with spirited street driving. The track is an amazing rush of adrenalin. I track mine now after saying I wouldn't and plan even more track time very soon. I went and bought a set of dedicated wheels and tires for track use as well
Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I didn't attend and regret it, I would just to get the experience, learning how to get the most out of your car is something you should not pass up, I don't care what anyone says, you will never get that with spirited street driving. The track is an amazing rush of adrenalin. I track mine now after saying I wouldn't and plan even more track time very soon. I went and bought a set of dedicated wheels and tires for track use as well
I've had lots of canyon but very little track experience. I attended the Track Attack and was struck during the classroom instruction by how backwards was my thinking about how to approach and drive through curves. That classroom instruction changed my street driving too, and I think about that almost every day.
Do it!

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '19 XC90, '13 335i
Has anyone been able to confirm with FP which layout we will be using this year?

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
Has anyone been able to confirm with FP which layout we will be using this year?
What I was told very recently was: For the GT 350 Track Attack School, the morning session, where they have
you practice various driving skills, including heel/toe downshifting would be on the infield road course.

The afternoon session, which is all high speed track work, is going to use the Roval, which uses pretty much all the track.
However, if it's raining for the afternoon track session, they will probably use the Hairpin Course instead.

I've been to the Track Attack twice when it was in Utah, highly recommend it.

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '19 XC90, '13 335i
What I was told very recently was: For the GT 350 Track Attack School, the morning session, where they have
you practice various driving skills, including heel/toe downshifting would be on the infield road course.

The afternoon session, which is all high speed track work, is going to use the Roval, which uses pretty much all the track.
However, if it's raining for the afternoon track session, they will probably use the Hairpin Course instead.

I've been to the Track Attack twice when it was in Utah, highly recommend it.
Good to know. Definitely want to be able to run the Roval.

Sponsored

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
That's what I was told, I expect that to be accurate info. We are going to have to wait on the
people attending the first classes to confirm this.

rick shea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR039, Oxford White, Kona matt stripe
That's what I was told, I expect that to be accurate info. We are going to have to wait on the
people attending the first classes to confirm this.

Any one else from the state of Washington going the the GT350 Track Attack 2 day session the secondd week in March?

nodonut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
1966 A code Fastback GT (wish I still had it), 2014 Explorer Sport, 2013 FLHTK Harley, 2019 GT350.
I signed up for the two day event for July 1,2, and 3. (July 1 is the reception dinner). Looking forward to the course and learning about the capabilities of my GT350. Will start tracking her after that. Bought her in July 2019, in Glendale Arizona. Broke her in with a stop at the corner of Winslow Arizona, Flagstaff, Kingman and on to Solvang, then Carmel and finally to the Sierra foothills. Just rolled over 9700 miles and no issues what so ever. Love this vehicle.
IMG_6340.PNG
IMG_3643.JPG
IMG_7828.JPG
IMG_7449.JPG
IMG_6160.JPG
D316802E-2B7F-43B4-8391-2F5E131AC296.jpeg

Greenplum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 FPB
I'll be there in March 2day. Fingers crossed I don't need the insurance, first time for me

1981Scrambler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 ‘16 Hellcat ‘18 Demon ‘80 CJ7 ‘81 CJ8 ‘83 CJ7 Laredo
I am Sept 30th to Oct 1st

Anyone else?
I’m brand new here. Tried to get into the sept30 oct 1 class, but was told it filled up last Friday. The have not updated the web site. Settled on November 4-5

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I just scheduled for March 19 (reception)-20 (Track day). Anyone else staying at the embassy?

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I'll be there in March 2day. Fingers crossed I don't need the insurance, first time for me
Did you purchase the insurance? I'm curious how many people purchase the option vs how many people have actually needed it. I decided not to buy the insurance but I may change my mind on the day of.

I'd also be curious if anyone on the forum has ever needed to use the insurance due to an accident. Ive never purchased track insurance when I HDPE due to the cost and low likelihood of totaling the car ($450 for a weekend and the deductible is usually 10% of the stated car value)

1981Scrambler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 ‘16 Hellcat ‘18 Demon ‘80 CJ7 ‘81 CJ8 ‘83 CJ7 Laredo
I just scheduled for March 19 (reception)-20 (Track day). Anyone else staying at the embassy?
GT500 or GT350? I’m scratching my head here. I just signed up and they said next November was the first available. :/

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
GT500 or GT350? I’m scratching my head here. I just signed up and they said next November was the first available. :/
350. Maybe I got someone else's canceled spot? I called to sign up on the 2/24. The guy told me they had "limited days" but they were about to release more. I asked him to start with the soonest, and I took the soonest they had, March 20'th (reception on the 19'th). He did mention that companion tickets were scarce, but I told him that didn't matter since I was traveling solo. Also, not sure if it makes a difference I'm only doing one track day vs two?

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
For anyone interested in bringing a Gopro (or other small camera) so you dont have to pay the $175'ish fee for their stuff, one of the program coordinators confirmed you're allowed to bring your own equipment, as long as the mounts don't include anything sticky or something that requires a screw to mount it to the car. Suction cup mounts are fine, as well as helmet mounts (assuming you're using you're own helmet, like I am.)
Sponsored