Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek
Update: Just signed up for a 2 day track attack in October 27-29 that just opened up.....
Sponsored

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Hey thnx BostonDMD, it appears they just added November as well.

9B2BD486-7376-473E-8352-525F66F3A094.png

BossMoss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT350 HEP
I am signed up for October 17 & 18, can’t wait! I did the Boss Track Attack in 2013 in Utah and had a blast there, I have no doubt that the GT350 Track Attack will not disappoint!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Heading to Charlotte two weeks from today. Flying in Monday evening, class on Tuesday, flying back home Wednesday late morning.
Any advise from those who have been recently? This will be my first track experience.

Sponsored

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
Heading to Charlotte two weeks from today. Flying in Monday evening, class on Tuesday, flying back home Wednesday late morning.
Any advise from those who have been recently? This will be my first track experience.
Get there early and walk the garage to the left of the school door. It will have a bunch of GT500, GT350 & race preped GT's. Drink a lot of water the day before. I did mine in July and it was HOT. Full track suits and helmets are uncomfortable. Continue to drink while at the track. They provide a lot of water. Ask questions, the trainers are AMAZING. You won't have access to them once you are back home. Practice heel/toe everytime you downshift. I did the 2 day and by the end of that day I was still only getting it about 75% of the time. HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Last edited:

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Get there early and walk the garage to the left of the school door. It will have a bunch of GT500, GT350 & race preped GT's. Drink a lot of water the day before. I did mine in July and it was HOT. Full track suits and helmets are uncomfortable. Continue to drink while at the track. They provide a lot of water. Ask questions, the trainers are AMAZING. You won't have access to them once you are back home. Practice heel/toe everytime you downshift. I did the 2 day and by the end of that day I was still only getting it about 75% of the time. HAVE FUN!!!!!!
Heel toe rev matching I’ve practiced since last June, pretty good on the street but I know the track is another animal.
Weather looks like it will be great but maybe some rain.
Definitely walking the garage! Thank you!!

GT4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K2498; 2014 M-B SLK350; 2010 Maxima SV;
Fred;
The 2 day GT350 Track Attack I attended in September 2020 was my first track experience as well, a very memorable experience. Assuming things haven't changed since then, here's some feedback/advice from my experience.

As Doug (72&18) said, it was impressive seeing all the garaged, race prepped Shelbys and GT Mustangs together under one roof. There will definitely be plenty of bottled water available, so you shouldn't have a problem staying adequately hydrated. Although I was used to wearing a helmet for a few years, way back in my motorcycle riding days, I had never used a full coverage helmet in conjunction with a HANS (Head and Neck Support) device, while wearing a track suit, strapped into a car with upper and lower racing seat belts, so expect to experience a confining feeling once buckled in the car, albeit a good thing from a safety standpoint.

Some other points I recall: 1) Depending on when your flight arrives Monday evening, I would suggest doing a recon from your hotel to the racetrack to locate the building where you go to in the morning, so you'll have no doubt where it is when you have to be there.
2) Once in the car, be sure to close the door before you start to buckle in, since you won't be able to reach it to close it after secured to your seat. 3) Your time on the track will likely be spent mostly in 3rd and 4th, so there may be less rowing thru the gears than you think. 4) Due to COVID, lunch was simply prepackaged sandwiches/chips/soda cans, which still may be the case today. Just basic sustenance, if you even care to eat lunch. 5) As you may already know, each session on track lasts about 20-30 minutes, so you'll have plenty of time in-between sessions for any restroom breaks. 6) Although you own a 2019 GT350 as I do, don't be surprised if you get a preassigned GT350 that is not a 2019 model, as I had, since those will probably have Michelin PSS tires, not the PS Cup2's like the 2019 models have. Although I wasn't able to learn how a GT350 handled on the track with Cup2's as I had hoped, it was interesting to find how the GT350 handled with Michelin PSS tires in the rain on the track, which was the case most of the time I was there. (Answer: very well.) 7) There is some neat clothing/merchandise available for sale in the classroom building, so check it out before you leave. 8) Expect a well coordinated, professionally run, highly controlled operation. ENJOY!
Robert
P.S.: Did you ever get that Lloyd's trunk mat you wanted?

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
THANK YOU ALL FOR THR SOUND ADVICE!!
Funny you should mention the Hans devise etc. I can be a little claustrophobic at times but getting my head right beforehand fixes it. I’m not a small man so it’ll be tight.
Yes I got the Lloyds trunk mat....very nice!

Sponsored

Booboo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2020 PB GT350
I signed up for the Oct 27-29 2-day class plus driving guest...then a family member announces an Oct 28th wedding day, wow.

I'm still hoping it will work out for those dates (small chance wedding might be rescheduled due to covid) but if anyone wants to trade their earlier 2-day with driving guest for mine, DM away!

Also, who's getting the insurance? Think it was $300 for a $7,500 deductible?? Worth it? Wide open track and controlled conditions has me believing not worth it!

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Also, who's getting the insurance? Think it was $300 for a $7,500 deductible?? Worth it? Wide open track and controlled conditions has me believing not worth it!
I took it even though there's that $7,500 deductable. One small hit on that car could cost way over that deductable. Besides, what's $300 compared to what we spend on our cars already?

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I got the insurance as well.
I‘ll guarantee it’s a real money maker but then again all insurance is.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
I went with the insurance as well.
Sponsored