Sponsored

Official 2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang Press Release, Specifications, Photos & Videos

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
So I like, but don't love what I've seen so far. I don't have that same gotta have it feeling like I did for the 13-14 GT500 and current GT350. Hopefully as we learn more about final power, performance and pricing numbers that will change.

Maybe it's just me, I think the car looks better without the Carbon Fiber Track Pack.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
This is your "good bit faster", really, a half second? Funny...there are many drivers in this test. So, not the same driver.
Oh, I'm sorry, its actually almost a full second. Does that tickle your fancy? And if you really think half a second on a 1.5 minute track isn't a considerable difference, then it's quite evident you don't have much track experience.

Try reading the article before you run your mouth next time. All hot laps are completed by Randy Pobst, so yes, same driver. Why are you so mad that a Mustang beats a GTR?

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
Has anyone seen what the base seats are...Recaro or like the gt350 power seats. ?

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Has anyone seen what the base seats are...Recaro or like the gt350 power seats. ?
I’ve asked this as well still waiting to hear. I know there’s option power seats as well and not sure if that’s the mustang style or Recaro style (praying for this) with added power, htd, vented, etc. My guess is they went cheap and it’ll be the standard base mustang seats.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd look at the convenience package GT350 seats for an idea. They'll likely be the same construction but different trim color(s).

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Oh, I'm sorry, its actually almost a full second. Does that tickle your fancy? And if you really think half a second on a 1.5 minute track isn't a considerable difference, then it's quite evident you don't have much track experience.

Try reading the article before you run your mouth next time. All hot laps are completed by Randy Pobst, so yes, same driver. Why are you so mad that a Mustang beats a GTR?
I understand about the differences, but you made it sound like a really big difference like 2 seconds or something. I can see you kinda exaggerate. Like the differences I posted, the GTR was 1:28 and the GT350R was 1:25. That is a real difference.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Scofield is claiming his dealer has pricing info of $86K MSRP.

I really am suspect that any dealer has any info on pricing anywhere. Pilot Production hasn’t even started yet.

I can’t remember all the timing for the GT350, but were they already in PP at launch?
I would suggest that Ford has a number of GT500 Pilot Production cars out there already which would include the cars that were introduced during the launch yesterday in Detroit (NAIAS) along with the unveiling video of another 3 GT500's that were used during the introduction.

Going back in time Ford had numerous 2016 GT350 PP cars built during the Spring of 2015 with those PP cars preceding production for all of the 137 Shelby GT350/R Anniversary cars. Ford did not produce any 2015 PP cars but elected to call all their early PP cars as 2016 models.

If you want to go back even further FR produced 12 Pilot Production Boss 302 cars in October 2010 for the 2012 Boss 302 MY.

:)

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I'd look at the convenience package GT350 seats for an idea. They'll likely be the same construction but different trim color(s).
Thanks, I figured that would be the case. I think a missed opportunity for them to upcharge for the convenience package but with those nice looking Recaros.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I would suggest that Ford has a number of GT500 Pilot Production cars out there already which would include the cars that were introduced during the launch yesterday in Detroit (NAIAS) along with the unveiling video of another 3 GT500's that were used during the introduction.

Going back in time Ford had numerous 2016 GT350 PP cars built during the Spring of 2015 with those PP cars preceding production for all of the 137 Shelby GT350/R Anniversary cars. Ford did not produce any 2015 PP cars but elected to call all their early PP cars as 2016 models.

If you want to go back even further FR produced 12 Pilot Production Boss 302 cars in October 2010 for the 2012 Boss 302 MY.

:)
Good info on the other cars.

I know from a production stand point the line hasn’t started PP cars yet. Have that info for certain. To your point though, that doesn’t mean there aren’t any, but if there are they weren’t produced on the line. Would that be considered a TT car? Or is that still a PP car?

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
Here is the question. If you go online and build and order you own GT500...that removes the ADM fees right? I know x plan pricing does not apply but the price is reflected right in you build and price order right??

Sponsored

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
I'm just here to throw some love at this car. Seeing a lot of not so positive repsonses. That's okay, and to be expected.
90% of people crying can't buy one anyways... making their opinion irrelevant.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
.. and McDonald's sells 10x more Hamburgers than Wendys.

Give me Wendys every time.

Camaro SS 1LE is the best value on the planet right now.

I agree with your point on sales. More sales doesn’t equal a better car.

But in this case , the better car is actually selling more.

The Mustang GT is outperforming the SS nowadays. I’d say you were right from 2015-2017 though. Ford has only narrowly edged the SS with the GT though. I guess they felt it was enough. I would have hope for more. But barely better is still better so I’ll take it.

The Mustang seems to hit all the right notes. It’s the best looking pony car, the best performing (GT>SS / gt350>1LE / EcoBoost>camaro turbo 4 - with exception of the forced induction category-until GT500 is released), and makes the right compromises to be enjoyable day to day.

It’s no wonder the Mustang is the clear sales winner. It just so happens to win all the other categories too. Can’t beat that.

Even so, I feel the entire numbers game will shift when the GT500 is out. Ford is being real coy with any hard data. That car is going to hurt major feelings when it hits the streets.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Why cant they just make a Shelby that beats a v6 turbo? Dont you think it's silly that a v8 supercharged still cant beat a turbo 6? :(
We will find out if it can or can’t.

Fords little reveal about 1/4 miles times doesn’t quite add up to it’s claimed 0-60. But there is a lot of wiggle room they e left for themselves in the way they worded that. Being the car is so far out from being in our garages, I imagine they are playing the cards close.

When it comes out, it is going to be a killer.

The only advantage the GTR has is ALL WHEEL DRIVE. And that’s a huge advantage. But Ford has really upped the ante with a much superior engine and the DCT. THE GTR won’t have the shifting advantage anymore.

Even IF the gtr can beat the 500 to 60 due to the traction from awe, it LOSES to the 1/4 mile all the way to top speed. Basically the 500 trounces it once it grips.

So I guess that whole argument is just rather silly now.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Here is the question. If you go online and build and order you own GT500...that removes the ADM fees right? I know x plan pricing does not apply but the price is reflected right in you build and price order right??
No it does not.

You can not order a limited production car from any Ford dealership. They have to "buy in" to the Shelby/Ford Performance program in order to get allocations ford Shelby/Bullitt/Raptor cars & trucks.

So they can charge you whatever they want because there are only so many to go around at first. If you don't like it go to another dealership.

However, I believe 6-12 months after the 2020 GT500 hits dealerships you should be able to get them at MSRP all day long in the midwest.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Yep. I'm sure it will beat the ZL1 when it hits the track.

However, the 1LE package is amazing. One of the best track cars in the world. 7:16 at the ring. I think the GT350R got 7:32?

But there is a rumor of GM putting the ZR1 engine (755HP) into a Special Edition ZL1 Camaro for 2020, that will be a Beast.

GM gave carte blanche to every car line to be competitive with any parts they have available. It's no longer the Vette has to win.

So Ford better enjoy the next 12-18 months or so till the 1LE comes with the 755HP engine. It's game over.

All I know is all 3 Automakers are fighting in the same Arena, let the best one survive. :rockon:
It really says a lot about the 350 that people have to look to forced induction to compare it.

So what will your opinion be if/when the 500 launches with 755+?

The Mustang has the best handling NA car. I’m guessing that will translate well with boost.
Sponsored