Use of a Battery Tender for Winter Storage

goodkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler; 2005 350Z
The GT350 appears to have a special (smaller) battery. Any special precautions or requirements for a battery tender for the next couple of months?
Sponsored

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
The GT350 appears to have a special (smaller) battery. Any special precautions or requirements for a battery tender for the next couple of months?
I use several every winter. Nothing special, but you do have to pull 3 push pins to get the cover off the battery on the GT350 :frusty:

OP
OP

goodkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler; 2005 350Z
Thanks. Yea, I did notice the 3 pins. Not as convenient as the cover on my 350Z, but it's not too much work.

I assume winter has already hit SD and you're in storage already too?

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Thanks. Yea, I did notice the 3 pins. Not as convenient as the cover on my 350Z, but it's not too much work.

I assume winter has already hit SD and you're in storage already too?
Yep my car was originally scheduled for an 8/17 build, but ended up arriving early November. I managed to get about 300 miles before the snow hit. It did all melt last week, but now got another coating and winter is settling in, so it's unlikely I will get it back out before at least March. The 3 pins are no big deal, but I would probably just leave the cover off it was going on and off the trickle charger regularly. Who knows it may eventually end up in the trunk like I did on my Boss. However, I'll probably just go with a lightweight version in current location eventually.
Sponsored