AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Greets all,

I have an odd request, some may have already seen this and since I saw it too I wanted to do it as well. A guy on facebook (might even be on here dont know) posted a pic of him framing his window sticker and a Cert of Origin that dealers get to then send to DMV for them to title the car to you, well short version the dealer lost the original and requested a second and when the original was found he framed it. I got in touch with my dealer and asked and they indeed made a copy before they sent it off, but the copy looks like a terrible fax copy but the information is there, so I wanted to know if anyone got one or got a copy where they would be willing to take a nice picture and send it to me, I figured I can replace all the info with my copy by converting it to PDF and editing all the info to match my car and dealer.

I know its a long shot but I figured I'd ask. Obviously scanning will not work as it will created the word "Void" across which is why taking a photo avoids that.

I already DM'ed the original poster but haven't heard back yet in case anyone was going to ask.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The MSO or certificate of origin is a legal document. They are printed with anti counterfeit properties and are not allowed to be duplicated. Im not sure what you are asking, but you can't walk into a DMV with a fax or photocopy and register the vehicle. I have had one in my hands. The printing quality is that of US paper money. The printing is raised with complex webbing so that it can not be copied.

I have a photo of an MSO from a vehicle I have, but it won't do you any good.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer can get a duplicate. Itā€˜s not the same as a photo copy, itā€™s exactly the same as the original CO, but says duplicate copy on it.

My salesman (without me asking, or knowing) ordered a duplicate CO which he used to register the car, leaving me the original CO.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
The MSO or certificate of origin is a legal document. They are printed with anti counterfeit properties and are not allowed to be duplicated. Im not sure what you are asking, but you can't walk into a DMV with a fax or photocopy and register the vehicle. I have had one in my hands. The printing quality is that of US paper money. The printing is raised with complex webbing so that it can not be copied.

I have a photo of an MSO from a vehicle I have, but it won't do you any good.
Tom,

Yes I know its a legal Doc, as I said it is what Ford sends with the car to the dealer which the dealer fills out the back and send to DMV to title the car. And yes if you try scanning it it will say "VOID" across it, But if you take a nice clean Photo of it with a camera that will not show up. And I dont care its like US paper or a title, I am not using it for legal purposes and only want the front of the CO to frame by editing the info with my own.

The dealer can get a duplicate. Itā€˜s not the same as a photo copy, itā€™s exactly the same as the original CO, but says duplicate copy on it.

My salesman (without me asking, or knowing) ordered a duplicate CO which he used to register the car, leaving me the original CO.
Jamie,

This is partially true, the Dealership can only request a dupe before its been titled not after, as since mine was titled to me they cannot request a copy.

But a Nice camera shot I can hopefully convert a Jpg to PDF and then OCR the lettering and replace it with my info while keeping the actual look intact.

Here is an example from FB as to what I am trying to do

This is from a guy on FB named Jon. I am trying to achieve the same thing.

CO.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I somewhat regret turning that certificate in to register one of my R models. Oh well. I may have some photos around, but I think the best course of action is to do what Jamie says and to get a duplicate copy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I somewhat regret turning that certificate in to register one of my R models. Oh well. I may have some photos around, but I think the best course of action is to do what Jamie says and to get a duplicate copy.
As I said cant be done, only can be done before being titled not after.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I was referring to pre-title. My salesman got the duplicate before I even showed up to do the paperwork, because he knew I would want the original CO to keep. He used the duplicate to register the car, and I have the original.

Unfortunately someone at the dealership wrote their inventory number on itā€¦ā€¦ but at least I have it.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
When you pay off the car you'll get the original title. I don't know why you want the M.S.O.. They are not ment to be out in the wild for a reason.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
When you pay off the car you'll get the original title. I don't know why you want the M.S.O.. They are not ment to be out in the wild for a reason.
I guess when you own a high end you like having the history of the car coming to fruition. No different than people looking to get their hands on the build sheet or the visibility report.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess when you own a high end you like having the history of the car coming to fruition. No different than people looking to get their hands on the build sheet or the visibility report.
When you own high end, you don't want doc's like this out in the wild so they can be studied and faked. but YMMV.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Thatā€™s pretty slick.

Tom,

Yes I know its a legal Doc, as I said it is what Ford sends with the car to the dealer which the dealer fills out the back and send to DMV to title the car. And yes if you try scanning it it will say "VOID" across it, But if you take a nice clean Photo of it with a camera that will not show up. And I dont care its like US paper or a title, I am not using it for legal purposes and only want the front of the CO to frame by editing the info with my own.

Jamie,

This is partially true, the Dealership can only request a dupe before its been titled not after, as since mine was titled to me they cannot request a copy.

But a Nice camera shot I can hopefully convert a Jpg to PDF and then OCR the lettering and replace it with my info while keeping the actual look intact.

Here is an example from FB as to what I am trying to do

This is from a guy on FB named Jon. I am trying to achieve the same thing.

CO.jpg

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Seriously, your being argumentative to what end? No need to answer. He wants a cool keepsake from and for his car to hang on the wall. And itā€™s not difficult to get an mso to study/fake if thatā€™s what the intent is.

When you own high end, you don't want doc's like this out in the wild so they can be studied and faked. but YMMV.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I will addā€¦.. not exactly the kind of photo I was expecting, after reading the titleā€¦ā€¦

Nonetheless, if the CO I have will help you, shoot me a PM and Iā€™ll dig it out for you.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seriously, your being argumentative to what end? No need to answer. He wants a cool keepsake from and for his car to hang on the wall. And itā€™s not difficult to get an mso to study/fake if thatā€™s what the intent is.
Welp, After having to comb over vehicles in the collector car market with a fine tooth comb because much of the paperwork and stampings got faked. I'd rather it was harder than not.
Has nothing to do with your claim of "argumentative"

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Heā€™s the original purchaser. None of that has any merit.

Welp, After having to comb over vehicles in the collector car market with a fine tooth comb because much of the paperwork and stampings got faked. I'd rather it was harder than not.
Has nothing to do with your claim of "argumentative"
Sponsored